Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net
How has this thread lasted so long about a dragonball super voice actor?

It was top-tier entertainment for a really long time. Vic's accusers are an exceptional cast of characters. There are liars, attention seekers and psychopaths. One of the defendants who said Vic was a predator was outed as a two-time wife beater that threatened to murder a judge and his entire family, chop up his ex wife's dog and beat up a toddler. His shit flinging lawyer was bit by a mosquito and contracted West Nile and now talks like he's got gravel in his throat.

BillyGoat2

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was top-tier entertainment for a really long time. Vic's accusers are an exceptional cast of characters. There are liars, attention seekers and psychopaths. One of the defendants who said Vic was a predator was outed as a two-time wife beater that threatened to murder a judge and his entire family, chop up his ex wife's dog and beat up a toddler. His shit flinging lawyer was bit by a mosquito and contracted West Nile and now talks like he's got gravel in his throat.
Of course, we cant forget that this is actually vic singing this song.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Lemongasp strikes me as exactly slimy enough to have something like that in writing.
Heres a hypothetical.

Chuck says that Gen told Sabat that if they win Vic pays. What if that info made its way to Ron and Monicas through Sabat and they then started piling on all this research about Nick and all this other bullshit thinking theyd could embarrass everyone involved or prepare for countersuits and not have to pay a dime. Would that be an out for Lemon party?

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Heres a hypothetical.

Chuck says that Gen told Sabat that if they win Vic pays. What if that info made its way to Ron and Monicas through Sabat and they then started piling on all this research about Nick and all this other bullshit thinking theyd could embarrass everyone involved or prepare for countersuits and not have to pay a dime. Would that be an out for Lemon party?
Too bad it didn't work out the way they expected. Now they owe more money than the plaintiff, even though they weren't the ones who sued.

• Agree
Reactions: Kosher Salt

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Heres a hypothetical.

Ron & Monica didn't really need any outsider to tell them that reasonable attorney's fees would be covered if the TCPA succeeded. It's not a secret or anything, and it would've been told to them by Casey Erick back when it first came up. The case was obviously one where a TCPA would at least be attempted, so it would undoubtedly have come up very early in their strategy discussion. Possibly the "reasonable" part wasn't totally explained to them, or they just plain didn't understand it, but I'm inclined to believe at least one of the attorneys explained that at some point.

As far as an "out"? That gets a little complicated. Realistically, nobody involved will want to deal with some lawsuit over the fees owed; odds are good they'll avoid it if at all possible. There's a few other possible outcomes that could come from it, but a lot are based off of exactly how their contract with their law firms are actually written. An arbitration clause or the ability of the law firm to place a lien on their property could exist. There's also the possibility of MoRon just filing bankruptcy (or just one of them could, which would make this even more tricky to decipher, but we'll ignore that for this).

Or the law firms could just agree to a reduction in fees in lieu of getting sued, or in fear of having their clients file for bankruptcy. Half the money could be a better deal than what they'd get in those situations.

In any case, if it does go to court, it'll probably be a good bit of time in the future. There's no reason at all to do it before the appeal is resolved, since the appellate court could reinstate all/some of the causes of action, making it mostly irrelevant. The appellate court could also increase the fees awarded if they're so inclined.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
I can’t be arsed to sift through the weeb wars subforum, but has it been brought up there that Johnny Young Bosch, Vic’s apparent replacement for Broly, got immediately accused of shit when Super Broly dropped in Dragon Ball FighterZ? I remember calling that he was in the shit list when Rueben Langdon was on that stream with Yellowflash.

Dumb Bitch Smoothie

Weeb Wars' "Remote Assistance" Team Leader
kiwifarms.net
I can’t be arsed to sift through the weeb wars subforum, but has it been brought up there that Johnny Young Bosch, Vic’s apparent replacement for Broly, got immediately accused of shit when Super Broly dropped in Dragon Ball FighterZ? I remember calling that he was in the shit list when Rueben Langdon was on that stream with Yellowflash.

It was attempted but JYB went full ape and made an ass of the sock that tried and got some support for shutting it down.

Although rumor mill has it that it was a KV gayops.

OneHandClapping

The mass remoter Zomb Toye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Unimportant document, but uploaded for completion's sake

An Lee Hsu is vacationing Janurary 20-25.

1575922505541.png

Attachments

• 2019-12-09 Hsu Vacation Ltr.pdf
    354.8 KB · Views: 73

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Something something conspiracy something something coward something something fraudulent.
I think I got law Twitter's response to this down.
Also, “Hsu dumb” because he wrote 2019 instead of 2020, even though Lawtwitter have been wrong more times than either year numbers.

Baked_Potato

Not the Spud you need, but the sped you desearve.
kiwifarms.net
Is there a reason a transcript is delayed for so long? I know it's a bit of a process, but this long?

Tags
None