Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
Here's a question would we know if settled out of court & gag orded the issue or doccument do to time & paying lawyers.
settlement is withdrawing the order in the court or court is still hearing & there is no take backs?

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's a question would we know if settled out of court & gag orded the issue or doccument do to time & paying lawyers.
settlement is withdrawing the order in the court or court is still hearing & there is no take backs?
We would know if it was settled (see Meyer v. Waid's thread).
If a gag order is issued, I think the documentation would "find its way" to the public "somehow" (cough @Ron Toye cough).

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We'd at least see a voluntary dismissal if it settled. There's really no point in settling it right now, though, before the appeals court decides a fully briefed case.

BigDuckEnergy

kiwifarms.net
I have a theory that Chupp performs divination on his morning shits, and decides on how to rule on something depending on consistency and how many undigested corn kernels there are.
Chupp handles TCPA like i handle complaints at work. Things that look simple i let go ahead like the review stuff. Overly complicated crap i tell them to do one.

Its based on how much paperwork i would have to do.

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Chupp handles TCPA like i handle complaints at work. Things that look simple i let go ahead like the review stuff. Overly complicated crap i tell them to do one.

Its based on how much paperwork i would have to do.
If he's not willing to do paperwork, he's in the wrong line of work. I'm sure there's a local Starbucks he might find more to his liking.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
We'd at least see a voluntary dismissal if it settled. There's really no point in settling it right now, though, before the appeals court decides a fully briefed case.
People really haven't been willing to accept from the start that there's no realistic chance of anyone settling before Vic gets past the TCPA, have they? The defendants will never settle while they think they can get paid by the TCPA for anything less than worse terms than Vic just losing TCPA, so Vic has no reason to settle when he is the one who filed in the first place. And it would be complete insanity for either the 'winners' to settle for a 'draw' or for Vic to pay all his lawyers all the appeals fees and hours only to drop it before the court even looks at it.

Nobody is settling until such a time that the TCPA is thrown out. At that point, Vic would have a chance of demanding better terms than the TCPA loss would have given him, and the defendants would no longer have the false hope of having all their fees paid + getting a fat check on top. Though I personally doubt that much settling will happen even then besides maybe with Funimation. The others are too stubborn and Vic's GFM will come right back out of its slumber if a positive appeals decision happens, so the financial strain of continuing post-appeals on him would be minimal.

Dixieland Buckaroo

A 12-piece bucket o' trouble
kiwifarms.net
People really haven't been willing to accept from the start that there's no realistic chance of anyone settling before Vic gets past the TCPA, have they? The defendants will never settle while they think they can get paid by the TCPA for anything less than worse terms than Vic just losing TCPA, so Vic has no reason to settle when he is the one who filed in the first place. And it would be complete insanity for either the 'winners' to settle for a 'draw' or for Vic to pay all his lawyers all the appeals fees and hours only to drop it before the court even looks at it.

Nobody is settling until such a time that the TCPA is thrown out. At that point, Vic would have a chance of demanding better terms than the TCPA loss would have given him, and the defendants would no longer have the false hope of having all their fees paid + getting a fat check on top. Though I personally doubt that much settling will happen even then besides maybe with Funimation. The others are too stubborn and Vic's GFM will come right back out of its slumber if a positive appeals decision happens, so the financial strain of continuing post-appeals on him would be minimal.
Yeah I bet Sony/Funimation settle fast if the ruling is overturned. They're still trying to acquire Crunchyroll, there's no way they want bad PR or worse, discovery.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
This Thursday will be the day. I have the deets straight from a source close to the judges and is familiar with their thinking.

can't reveal his name but he lives in the alley behind their offices, and became very talkative after I bought him a bottle of MD 20/20
Ah, man. If only that were true.