Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

Zero Day Defense

"Now come, Samurai. Put on a good show."
kiwifarms.net
Vic lasagna is a very sophisticated digital character
Nick's been playing a very long con, making Vic Lasagna the only VA I've cared about beyond the acknowledgment that they exist since I was nine.

But I can believe he did it all for the nose candy. Just look at his nose-- you can't tell me he's not just inhaling all the cocaine in a five mile radius.

OneHandClapping

OneGirlBopping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm assuming Vic got everything filed well in advance already, but I'm expecting the worst-case scenario and for the courts to find some kind of excuse to uphold all of Chupp's decisions.
Honestly, as long as they write a good opinion it'll be whatever for me.

Assuming worst timeline, at least, somewhere down the road, the next poor schmuck who gets metoo'd has a better roadmap

ShinyStar

I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Shane.
kiwifarms.net
This Thursday will be the day. I have the deets straight from a source close to the judges and is familiar with their thinking.

can't reveal his name but he lives in the alley behind their offices, and became very talkative after I bought him a bottle of MD 20/20
My source contradicts your source.

My totally reliable source:

eightball.jpg

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What rule is this based off of?
It's not a rule. He's just claiming, with or without evidence, I don't know, that it is the general practice of the court to do it that way, just like it is the general practice of the court to release substantive rulings on Thursday. They (2D) do release rulings at other times, but most of the time, they are rulings on writs or motions.

I have no basis to agree or disagree with Nick's opinion, although I think he probably pays more attention to this case than I do.

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
The 9 month thing may come from the internal operating procedures for the second court of appeals, which lists the expected timeframe for opinions on page 8. Opinion author is assigned approximately 21 days before submission, and should have a draft opinion available to the panel approximately 6 months after submission. The other panel members then have 14 days to sign off on the draft or announce they will write a concurrence or dissent and 60 days after to present their own draft. Future drafts have an unspecified additional amount of time for completion. This doesn't appear to actually be "soft deadline of 9 months from submission to opinion", although if it's being followed first drafts should already exist for whatever will ultimately be issued. I don't see any other official time frame given anywhere, other than 180 days for cases related to child protection. The Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure just states "The court of appeals should render its judgment promptly after submission of a case."

Attachments

• Internal Operating Procedures.pdf
    369.5 KB · Views: 4

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
The 9 month thing may come from the internal operating procedures for the second court of appeals, which lists the expected timeframe for opinions on page 8. Opinion author is assigned approximately 21 days before submission, and should have a draft opinion available to the panel approximately 6 months after submission. The other panel members then have 14 days to sign off on the draft or announce they will write a concurrence or dissent and 60 days after to present their own draft. Future drafts have an unspecified additional amount of time for completion. This doesn't appear to actually be "soft deadline of 9 months from submission to opinion", although if it's being followed first drafts should already exist for whatever will ultimately be issued. I don't see any other official time frame given anywhere, other than 180 days for cases related to child protection. The Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure just states "The court of appeals should render its judgment promptly after submission of a case."
1623900009063.png

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure just states "The court of appeals should render its judgment promptly after submission of a case."
And as you know, if you've ever closely followed an appellate case, you understand that "promptly" has all kinds of meanings, not all of which you might like.