Victor Mignogna v. Funimation Productions, LLC, et al. (2019) - Vic's lawsuit against Funimation, VAs, and others, for over a million dollars.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Oh lookie here, a properly submitted amicus curiae brief, albeit filed after the case was submitted.
This case seems more procedurally complex and more heavily briefed, with multiple filings to brief the court on new cases. I don't think Vic's will take this long.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
1624589592284.png

3 more month till one year mature date for case .

I'm not a Robot

kiwifarms.net
None of those are TCPA cases, which are ostensibly on an accelerated timetable.
They are accelerated in that you only have 20 days to decide if you're going to appeal (or 35 days with a motion to extend).

Oh lookie here, a properly submitted amicus curiae brief, albeit filed after the case was submitted.
An amicus 8 months after submission. Nick there's still time!!

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
This case seems more procedurally complex and more heavily briefed, with multiple filings to brief the court on new cases. I don't think Vic's will take this long.
Again the only reason this case hasn't been done is tism , deaththreats, media cirus around the meetoo of this case.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
They are accelerated in that you only have 20 days to decide if you're going to appeal (or 35 days with a motion to extend).

An amicus 8 months after submission. Nick there's still time!!
Nah it was less than a week.
12/17/2019 Amicus curiae brief received
12/11/2019 Submitted

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Didn't ALL claims get dismissed under the TCPA, including Tortious interference? I can somehow understand dismissing Defamation on free speech grounds, but threatening a con to pull sponsorship and breach of your own contract, and others, if they don't breach the contract with Vic?
I am not american, but how the fuck could something like that be dismissed through something like the TCPA? It wasn't even public speech, it was private correspondence. Have I missed something or was that dismissal especially retarded, even for the Chuppmeister?
If I remember correctly, his especially retarded reasoning was "So they interfered with that convention. Were there any others? No? Ok then. Dismissed."

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If I remember correctly, his especially retarded reasoning was "So they interfered with that convention. Were there any others? No? Ok then. Dismissed."
Well, Ty told them there were others, and offered to show him in his filing, but Chupp said no, show me in the other side's "courtesy copy" that wasn't even in the file and they weren't provided a copy of, and simply refused even to look at it even though presumably he should have already read it.

"So they committed a crime."
"Yes your honor."
"Did they commit it more than once?"
"Yes your Honor."
"can you show me evidence."
"Yes your honor."
"I don't want to look at it, so since they only did one crime case dismissed"

Fucking Honk Honk.