Vinesauce -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

MoffAlbert

Hey Hey Hey! Halloween is on the way!
kiwifarms.net
The Joel/Mike Geoguesser had some really funny moments, but I wouldn't lie if I said I didn't find Mike going on hour long anti capitalist rants on McDonalds and shit really fucking annoying.

Even Joel was a little nervous at times when Mike would just randomly go off. He tried to essentially make Joel feel guilty for liking McDonalds and Dominos. That said, Joel has chemistry with just about anyone, so it worked.
Dude I had to tune out about half an hour or so in because I couldn't stand Mike's commentary. It's a shame because I genuinely enjoy Joel's geoguesser streams.

Edit: Just starting watching Vinny's 2nd Metroid Dread stream. Reset the clock, it is again 0 days since Vinny has deluded himself into believing there's gonna be another Switch upgrade/Switch 2.

Last edited:

Vinluv Handesbukia

Acclaimed Winkologist
kiwifarms.net
Vinny has a history in public broadcasting with his old pre-stream stuff like the Labor Day special. He easily could fall back on that, between the connections he probably has in the NYC media and the editing and broadcasting skills he's developed as an Internet personality. Both Joel and Vinny could probably make it in music nowadays too, taking session gigs in between albums and stuff like that.

Streaming and YouTube is just media production in another name and if you know how to sell yourself, which you probably do if you are a successful personality, it's not hard to transfer these skills into something appealing for a traditional job.
So that's why they stopped doing the art showcase!

Most Dumbest Bitch

[LGBT] Leader of Antifa
kiwifarms.net
[ramble about Joel editing an old highlight to remove Vinny saying a bad word]

Dredging this back up to say that I've unintentionally stumbled on yet another conspicuous edit. This time it's Bork Facade, and he cut a pretty significant part of the video too - 45 seconds - because he made a rape joke immediately followed by a bestiality joke in the original cut. There's a comment on the official highlight mentioning that bit from a year ago, and then a comment from 10 months ago saying that that bit had been removed, so I wonder if what's happening is that Joel goes back and removes particularly questionable jokes that could reflect poorly on himself (or Vinny, in the case of the CSGO one) every time a comment reminds him that they exist. The idea of him playing retroactive jannie with his own content is VERY funny to me.

I skimmed through the archive channel out of curiosity, and from what I can see it looks like only Drunk CSGO, Bork Facade, and Rollercoaster Tycoon were re-edited (someone else mentioned the latter a while back, though). I find it extra funny that he has not edited the Gaben Row highlight, but part of me wonders if that's because taking all the slurs out of it would cut this highlight down to, like, 30 seconds. Either way, I find this really funny.

Don Yagon

Пой же, цыган, зажигай-ка, милый, белую ты кровь!
kiwifarms.net
Dredging this back up to say that I've unintentionally stumbled on yet another conspicuous edit. [...] The idea of him playing retroactive jannie with his own content is VERY funny to me.
While I can understand him doing such precautions under current societal climate, I still can't help but feel disappointed with all the self-censorship without any transparency. With that, I can only hope everything gets properly archived before being snipped.
I doubt it is a good idea to confront him about that, but if anyone disagrees, feel free to bring that up on /r/vinesauce if you have an active plebbit account.

Dredging this back up to say that I've unintentionally stumbled on yet another conspicuous edit. This time it's Bork Facade, and he cut a pretty significant part of the video too - 45 seconds - because he made a rape joke immediately followed by a bestiality joke in the original cut. There's a comment on the official highlight mentioning that bit from a year ago, and then a comment from 10 months ago saying that that bit had been removed, so I wonder if what's happening is that Joel goes back and removes particularly questionable jokes that could reflect poorly on himself (or Vinny, in the case of the CSGO one) every time a comment reminds him that they exist. The idea of him playing retroactive jannie with his own content is VERY funny to me.

I skimmed through the archive channel out of curiosity, and from what I can see it looks like only Drunk CSGO, Bork Facade, and Rollercoaster Tycoon were re-edited (someone else mentioned the latter a while back, though). I find it extra funny that he has not edited the Gaben Row highlight, but part of me wonders if that's because taking all the slurs out of it would cut this highlight down to, like, 30 seconds. Either way, I find this really funny.
It's funny how much Joel's voice has changed over the years.
While I can understand him doing such precautions under current societal climate, I still can't help but feel disappointed with all the self-censorship without any transparency. With that, I can only hope everything gets properly archived before being snipped.
I doubt it is a good idea to confront him about that, but if anyone disagrees, feel free to bring that up on /r/vinesauce if you have an active plebbit account.
I guarantee if you post it on /r/vinesauce your post will be deleted and you'll be permabanned.

gaspump

kiwifarms.net
You do raise another good note that a couple others only briefly touched on. For Joel and Vinny both, they have tons of marketable skills and for them it's not a resume black hole of "lol Twitch for 15 years played vidya". Given their relative success both as old timers and in current days staying relevant for a large audience. The largest? Not at all, but that's not really the point. It would be interesting to look at the, say, top 25 or even 50 and see "Could these guys pivot what they do on a dumb streaming site into something a suit would pay for".

At the end of the day Joel is still a Swede and Sweden is pretty pozzed. It's bound to overlap here and there.

Don Yagon

Пой же, цыган, зажигай-ка, милый, белую ты кровь!
kiwifarms.net
At the end of the day Joel is still a Swede and Sweden is pretty pozzed. It's bound to overlap here and there.
It's less about Sweden (especially considering Joel lives in a small town and doesn't give a fuck about anything happening outside) and more about the mainstream 'net. Sad, but it still is something you have to compromise if you want to keep the revenue afloat and not fade into obscurity. As long as he doesn't virtue signal on public, I can accept that.

Horunge

kiwifarms.net
YouTube has been cracking down on language for a while, including shit as mild as cunt. It's probably just their automated system sporadically picking up on no-no words in older videos, given the volume of videos to go through, and Joel then editing out timecodes of videos that get flagged for demonetization when it happens.

Honestly, he'd be exceptional not to do it, given that YouTube might just one day decide to outright take down channels with language instead of just demonetizing them.

If it were an intentional, self imposed, effort to go back and edit older videos it would probably be happening much more frequently, and in some sort of organic order, rather than every 2-6 months, and with videos that are years apart.

Haram Exercise

one month sober
kiwifarms.net
I recently listened to Vinny play wind waker, a steam from 7 years ago. He called link a faggot in the intro fortress and it caught me off guard. I don't care, link is a faggot, but I wouldn't be surprised if moments like that are getting caught by jewtube AI Jannies. It's insane to me how heavily censored the internet is now compared to not even a decade ago.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Halloweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
It's less about Sweden (especially considering Joel lives in a small town and doesn't give a fuck about anything happening outside) and more about the mainstream 'net. Sad, but it still is something you have to compromise if you want to keep the revenue afloat and not fade into obscurity. As long as he doesn't virtue signal on public, I can accept that.
From what I've seen on the internet he lives in Umeå and that place have been poz central for more than 30 years. It's very left leaning, antifa and the autonomous left are free to run wild and beat people up, they also burn meat trucks because mah vegana.

Fun fact: The predecessor to Russian Terminator, Ninja Mission, was partially filmed there because they needed scenes that looked like the Soviet Union.

Glass Sealing

it’s a different castlevania pic so it counts
kiwifarms.net
From what I've seen on the internet he lives in Umeå

*insert sperging*
Umeås a university city, so it’s got all that shit same as Stockholm and malmö and shit but slightly less because it’s in the north so nobody wants to go there lol. (not disputing what you’re saying)
Couldn’t find anyone sperging about Skellefteå being pozzed except for them having a penis statue (somewhere on his tumblr)

Haram Exercise

one month sober
kiwifarms.net
From what I've seen on the internet he lives in Umeå and that place have been poz central for more than 30 years. It's very left leaning, antifa and the autonomous left are free to run wild and beat people up, they also burn meat trucks because mah vegana.

Fun fact: The predecessor to Russian Terminator, Ninja Mission, was partially filmed there because they needed scenes that looked like the Soviet Union.
ngl I would be upset if I learned Joel was some sjw progressive antifa fag.

Doppio Vinegar

Shut up you greasy watermelon-haired fuck
kiwifarms.net
ngl I would be upset if I learned Joel was some sjw progressive antifa fag.
Doubt he is. He seemed very uncomfortable whenever Mike went on his leftoid tirades in the Geoguesser stream, and he still seems very willing to make politically incorrect jokes. And even if he does have leftist political takes, his streams are very apolitical since he just wants to have fun gaming. That's based in and of itself.

tigergrinder

kiwifarms.net
The Joel/Mike Geoguesser had some really funny moments, but I wouldn't lie if I said I didn't find Mike going on hour long anti capitalist rants on McDonalds and shit really fucking annoying.

Even Joel was a little nervous at times when Mike would just randomly go off. He tried to essentially make Joel feel guilty for liking McDonalds and Dominos. That said, Joel has chemistry with just about anyone, so it worked.
I laughed when Mike said if he was dropped somewhere in Mexico, he could carry on a conversation. Bitch please, you'd be robbed and left for dead.

Last edited:

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Halloweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
Couldn’t find anyone sperging about Skellefteå being pozzed
That's a somewhat safe distance from Umeå but Skellefteå have different problems.
swe_skellefteå.jpg
text:
- *americans joke about incest in Alabama*
- people in Skellefteå

"(it is locally called "Skelleftesjukan", the Skellefteå disease)"

Don't fuck with your family or they will name a disease after your home town.