• ”Nothing but Net!”

World Volkswagen to end production of the Beetle in 2019Should call it the Rolling Stone at this point, it's come back that often

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CWCissey, Sep 14, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45516677

Shitty cars anyway tbh.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #1 CWCissey, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. Doesn't this make around the third or forth time they've ended production of the Beetle?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    King n Yellow

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  3. This makes me upset. I've always hoped that even with safe spaces being enforced on us that as an old granny I'd still be able to see kids play "Slug Bug" in the backseat. This better not be the end of the Beetle for good.

Also I kinda always envisioned myself driving a pink Beetle. I dunno, guess it's the kind of car that "speaks" to me.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya Herding the nigger cattle in loving memory.

kiwifarms.is
  4. Just have to play 'Mini Punch' instead...

• Feels Feels x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  5. Aside from having a similar look this car is pretty much unrelated to the original Beetle which stopped being made in 2003. Kind of weird that this article is being written as if if it is of the same lineage of the original car.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  6. Yeah it's as much of a Beetle as the Jetta was a Jetta after the 1990's. Volkswagen is dollar store sweatshop toy tier garbage now.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  7. Maybe they can finally focus on developing a newer engine than a 2.0 rehash that I believe was only a rehash of the 1.8?

Are they still having constant problems with the 2.0T? I've never paid too much attention in to VW; much bigger fan of Porsche and Audi wagons.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Derp Potato

Derp Potato Just a Spud doing spud things

kiwifarms.is
  8. Some people still drive Trabbis (the East German version of the Beetle) so I don't see it going away anytime soon.

hambeerlyingnreed

hambeerlyingnreed Ordering pizza at the Weight Loss Clinic

kiwifarms.is
  9. Awww, I love the design of the car. It looks cute. At least my friends have a rare breed of car. Bless them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  10. They have zero redeeming qualities and I hate them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Dial M for Misgender

Dial M for Misgender Indistinct Philtrum

kiwifarms.is
  11. Maybe they can finally design a car with an engine that doesn't blow up before hitting 100k miles.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Steve Mayers

Steve Mayers Nazi Punks Fuck Off

kiwifarms.is
  12. Not surprising, the latest warm up of the bodystyle barely sold at all around here and is outnumbered by older versions by 4 to 1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.is
  13. I remember playing Punch Buggy with my cousins and sister years ago. So this kind of sucks :(

• Feels Feels x 1
    DynamiteNinja

DynamiteNinja It's-a me, Mar-Bee-O

kiwifarms.is
  14. It's more or less because besides VW's reputation taking a hit from emission scandals and shit reliability before that, the major markets are turning towards SUVs/crossovers. New SUV sales are up again like it's the early 2000s/late 90s and the MPG ratings are better than they used to be. Used cars are crazy cheap right now, while even older SUVs hold their value. In America, people also tend to buy pickups with cabs so big they have the seating space of a passenger car. Ford and FCA are halting car sales that aren't sports cars, while GM is trimming down car production. Even luxury sports car brands are building SUVs, like Porsche, Lamborghini, and even Ferrari.

• Agree Agree x 2
    CIA Nigger

CIA Nigger someone anonymous who calls themselves CIA N[slur]
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  15. They were expensive for what they were, you could get a minivan or any new sedan for substantially less.

Maggots on a Train v2

Maggots on a Train v2 new and improved account

kiwifarms.is
  16. The newer ones are fug and I refuse to recognise them as Beetles.

Dysnomia

Dysnomia Danzai!

kiwifarms.is
  17. but you get to punch classmates on the school bus whenever you see one, that a quality in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
    aFairlyOddFaggot

aFairlyOddFaggot obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, drug abuse

kiwifarms.is
  18. Just wait, in a few years you'll be hearing all about the "Brand new return of the iconic Volkswagen Beetle! Go buy five today since you couldn't buy a new one for a few years there! We didn't plan any of this in advance, honest!"

• Agree Agree x 3
    Joey Caruso

Joey Caruso The Coathanger In Your Man's Vagina

kiwifarms.is
  19. It's typical retro revivalism, selling a perversion of something famously popular for being cheap but reliable for multiple times the price. BMW's Mini Hatch is the same, and they even experimented with some mutant variants a couple years back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    CWCchange

CWCchange ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ

kiwifarms.is
  20. I don't see how this is a big deal. Car companies retire models all the time. The 1st gen beetle was iconic, they used that to hype the 2nd gen at the turn of the millennium, but I don't even remember hearing about the 3rd gen until I started seeing them on the road one day.

You want a compact? Buy a corolla. No big deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.