Warhammer 40k -

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Oh boy.

I never realized that there were Tumblrinas who got mad about Games Workshop focusing on churning out profitable Space Marine content.
View attachment 957439
https://archive.li/mkVu6
To some small extent I mirror the sentiment: the setting has become kinda boring to me as a Xenos player due to an oversaturation on Space Marine content and not enough on basically everything else. But that's mostly what keeps the lights on nowadays for GW so I'm not surprised or anything - I just remember the days of stuff like good ol' 3rd Edition where almost every race was given a decent amount of attention (except Dark Eldar), and Space Marines weren't do-everything Spartans with 5 testicles.

littlearmalite

Haha! Funny man says the N-Word.
kiwifarms.net
To some small extent I mirror the sentiment: the setting has become kinda boring to me as a Xenos player due to an oversaturation on Space Marine content and not enough on basically everything else. But that's mostly what keeps the lights on nowadays so I'm not surprised or anything - I just remember the days of stuff like good ol' 3rd Edition where almost every race was given a decent amount of attention (except Dark Eldar), and Space Marines weren't do-everything Spartans with 5 testicles.
As a guy who genuinely enjoys most of the factions, I do kinda agree with the whiners. The Space Marines, as of late, are pretty much the ONLY faction getting the lion's share of the publicity, with the Guard at least getting a nice, pretty consolation prize. I know GW won't give me more juicy Tau Lore or actual Tau vs Chaos shit, but I can keep dreaming.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
As a guy who genuinely enjoys most of the factions, I do kinda agree with the whiners. The Space Marines, as of late, are pretty much the ONLY faction getting the lion's share of the publicity, with the Guard at least getting a nice, pretty consolation prize. I know GW won't give me more juicy Tau Lore or actual Tau vs Chaos shit, but I can keep dreaming.
I remember when, during the Third War for Armageddon, it was the Imperial Guard who received the bulk of the attention. Sure the Salamanders and Black Templars came out then, but fuck-them-look-it's-the-Steel-Legion! And a new Yarrick model! Now? Good luck finding something where SM ISN'T front-and-centre.

littlearmalite

Haha! Funny man says the N-Word.
kiwifarms.net
I remember when, during the Third War for Armageddon, it was the Imperial Guard who received the bulk of the attention. Sure the Salamanders and Black Templars came out then, but fuck-them-look-it's-the-Steel-Legion! And a new Yarrick model! Now? Good luck finding something where SM ISN'T front-and-centre.
I will literally cut my own throat for some Tau/Chaos interaction, some more Dark Eldar Lore, or new Chaos stuff. For real. It's only SM, IG, and if you're squinting super duper hard, some Necron stuff. At least last I checked, anyway.

I will literally cut my own throat for some Tau/Chaos interaction, some more Dark Eldar Lore, or new Chaos stuff. For real. It's only SM, IG, and if you're squinting super duper hard, some Necron stuff. At least last I checked, anyway.
This is why I liked Soul Storm, say what you will about it. 4 Planets..lots of factions..if only the NPC AI were more aggressive and you had the ability to have multiple groups attack a map at once for massive FFAs.

Second Missing Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eldar and Dark Eldar are finally getting some love with this Psychic Awakening, so who knows, maybe we'll see some interesting stuff on that front.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
This is why I liked Soul Storm, say what you will about it. 4 Planets..lots of factions..if only the NPC AI were more aggressive and you had the ability to have multiple groups attack a map at once for massive FFAs.
I preferred Dark Crusade's campaign for being more involved in the local planet, but also didnt lock you into a lot of fights when it was the enemy's turn like it was the case with Soulstorm. There was one special map where you had to destroy a huge ork base with pre-deployed forces, which was fun as IG as you had two Baneblades at once (something impossible otherwise).

I used to own the Soulstorm physical disc at release which was bugged/broken to hell back then, and the devs at Relic took their sweet time to fix things.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
I preferred Dark Crusade's campaign for being more involved in the local planet, but also didnt lock you into a lot of fights when it was the enemy's turn like it was the case with Soulstorm. There was one special map where you had to destroy a huge ork base with pre-deployed forces, which was fun as IG as you had two Baneblades at once (something impossible otherwise).

I used to own the Soulstorm physical disc at release which was bugged/broken to hell back then, and the devs at Relic took their sweet time to fix things.
I never played Soulstorm since I was going to play it after finishing the Dark Crusade campaign with every race. Sadly I went through all the shitty races first until all I had left were Orks and Necrons, but I fizzled out before the end. I think my favourite run out of the earlier ones was the Eldar because of how quickly I took over everything and mustered up a large force. My biggest protracted battles were a battle of Eldar vs. Necrons, an IG vs. Orks, and Space Marines vs. IG at the IG base. The fights took at least an hour each with the latter involving sheer firepower that neither could gain ground on.

Salt_Merchant

Sodium Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net

isnt literally the next big thing they are pushing some Eldar on Deldar action?

• Informative
Reactions: littlearmalite

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
or "living forever would suck because you'll eventually become so detached from humanity that you might as well be an alien", or something like that.
That sounds really bad ass though. I want to be the immortal superpowered autist that does weird shit for reasons no one can fathom at the whims of some bizarre alien complusion.

That's because Relic subcontracted that expansion out to a third party that went bankrupt shortly after release IIRC. The non-modded game still has a particularly nasty glitch where sometimes an AI player in skirmish mode gets caught in some kind of loop and stops building anything forever. More commonly with Sisters for some reason.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
isnt literally the next big thing they are pushing some Eldar on Deldar action?
Not necessarily. It's probably also going to be a big Ynnari thing, and by proxy will feature Robust Girlyman and his Merry Band of Smurfs. I would love for it to be Eldar-centric, but I'm cynical enough to believe it won't.

The tease here is that depending on how long it goes for, it could involve a model upgrade for every Phoenix Lord as well as say, Asdrubael Vect.

• Horrifying
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

Second Missing Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If any of us could live forever and possessed an above average intellect, we could likely run this entire planet in a matter of 20 generations or less. We'd then get bored and decide to do something noble.
More likely I'd get bored and start a feasibility study on crashing the moon into Earth for lulz.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Psychic awakening every faction will get mad new psychic powers.

Meanwhile Tau and Necrons will be in the cupboard eating snacks. At least give the Kroot a psyker and Necrons something other then gloom prisms.
Vespids could be a good place to put a psyker unit.

Necrons should be able to pull out a Blank Field or something in response.

Reactions: Inquisitor_BadAss

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Psychic awakening every faction will get mad new psychic powers.

Meanwhile Tau and Necrons will be in the cupboard eating snacks. At least give the Kroot a psyker and Necrons something other then gloom prisms.
Shame the necrons dont have any units in their backlog specifically themed around fucking up psykers...

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino