Warhammer 40k -

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net
Occulus Imperia has been decent so far, as well (excuse my use of hyperbole up there).
I'm surprised there are no warhammer animated movies. You'd think an animu or something would serve this universe well.
Well, considering that GW dropped the hammer on the krauts that wanted to do a completely indie film, and only eased up when they realized it was causing a Streisand Effect, and exacerbated their reputation as a bunch of paint-eating jackasses, when it comes to IP control?

I won't deny, I'd love to see someone do a Ciaphus Cain animated movie, or even a series, just using the short stories, but we all know that if ANYTHING comes out as a movie, series, cartoon, or any kind of visual media, it'll involve the fucking UltraTurds, instead of a moderately interesting Chapter, and they'll constantly win at everything. I'm honestly just amazed that GW hasn't straight up tried to turn the UltraSqueaks into a bean-mouthed GI Joe ripoff, since they love to try and suck every penny out of their table-top fans.

Second Missing Primarch

Magnus Did Nothing Wrong
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, considering that GW dropped the hammer on the krauts that wanted to do a completely indie film, and only eased up when they realized it was causing a Streisand Effect, and exacerbated their reputation as a bunch of paint-eating jackasses, when it comes to IP control?

I won't deny, I'd love to see someone do a Ciaphus Cain animated movie, or even a series, just using the short stories, but we all know that if ANYTHING comes out as a movie, series, cartoon, or any kind of visual media, it'll involve the fucking UltraTurds, instead of a moderately interesting Chapter, and they'll constantly win at everything. I'm honestly just amazed that GW hasn't straight up tried to turn the UltraSqueaks into a bean-mouthed GI Joe ripoff, since they love to try and suck every penny out of their table-top fans.
I also want a Cain series. I was sort of annoyed when they announced that they were doing a series about Eisenhorn. Like, sure, those are good books and all, but I wanna see Ciaphas and Jurgen fucking Chaos shit up in glorious live-action/CGI.

Inquisitor_BadAss

It was supposed to be over now
kiwifarms.net
What's the least shitty 40K channel on YT? They all sound a wiki article being read by someone fat enough to require a CPAP machine at night.
If your looking at the lore aspect exclusively 40K theories is really good. Arch is jus as in depth but takes forever to get to the meat and potatoes of it.

Gaming wise frontline gaming has a shit tonne of different podcasts on YouTube as well. They bent the knee to corporate though which sucks big time.

MuuMuu Bunnylips

Check out my catalogue!
kiwifarms.net
On a scarier note, GW is now partnered in a limited fashion with Disney. Yeah, if that doesn't deserve a Horrifying rating, nothing does.
How exactly would that work? Would the Tyranids now be the Ticklenids, with their arcing plot being ticking the feet of everyone in the galaxy until they pee themselves?

And what if Hasbro got a hold of them? 'My Little Primarch' could be just around the corner!

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
How exactly would that work? Would the Tyranids now be the Ticklenids, with their arcing plot being ticking the feet of everyone in the galaxy until they pee themselves?

And what if Hasbro got a hold of them? 'My Little Primarch' could be just around the corner!
Tyranids are largely just mindless killbugs that eat stuff. They have no real motive, no philosophy, nothing to make people think. They're ideal disposable Disney villains like all the mooks in the MCU.

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

An Ghost

Good boy from beyond the grave
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tyranids are largely just mindless killbugs that eat stuff. They have no real motive, no philosophy, nothing to make people think. They're ideal disposable Disney villains like all the mooks in the MCU.
Say a threat is coming that will end us all
Big blue laser shoots into space in city, hour of mindless fighting faceless bad guys
Not too different from most super hero movies

• Agree
Reactions: Your Weird Fetish

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
What's the least shitty 40K channel on YT? They all sound a wiki article being read by someone fat enough to require a CPAP machine at night.
I'll further Thumbs up Arch Warhammer and Remlaiz from 40k Theorys, and add in Luetin09 and Italian Sparticus. I find Tactica Imperialis' stuff a bit too dry, though I do enjoy him with Remlaiz on their Adeptus Podcastus, dislike OneMidSyndacate.

• Informative
Reactions: Recoil

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah the issue for Disney is the protagonists, not the antagonist. Gotta ditch all that papist-soviet-nazi-german-empire aesthetic.
Eh, you could probably get away with the older edition Tau as your "Protagonists" before they got greyed out with each edition on their commie dictatorship. They shoot plasma guns that conveniently can avoid leaving blood from the shit directors and PR exec's pov. They also are diverse and accept all species, meaing you can make it ultra woke with PoC Gue'vesa as well for added vomit value.

And yet given how inept they are you could handhold them a PG-13 take of this shit and they'd fuck this up.

• Agree
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's not entirely true. The name "Great Devourer" was originally a metaphor for what they're truly after. They don't just want to eat you, they want to disassemble you on a molecular level and repurpose the best parts of your DNA for reasons thus unrevealed. That's more interesting than the NOM NOM meme that gets pushed around, and also the reason they don't simply endlessly consume each other.

For the purposes of a Disney movie, though, it'd just be NOM NOM all day long.

Imperialist #348

kiwifarms.net
so on the minuscule chance that dow does make a return, where would you hope it would be set? i myself would set it one of two ways, have the campaigns crafted in a similar fashion to the ones of the pre-dow2 games, with it either being set in at the start of the 13th black crusade or set in its own thing, or option two that the campaigns are just visualised from novels, like the world engine or rynns world.

would be kinda neat see how they handle primaris or legion of the damned.
models40k 23.jpg

(not mine btw)

Last edited:

Inquisitor_BadAss

It was supposed to be over now
kiwifarms.net
so on the minuscule chance that dow does make a return, where would you hope it would be set? i myself would set it one of two ways, have the campaigns crafted in a similar fashion to the ones of the pre-dow2 games, with it either being set in at the start of the 13th black crusade or set in its own thing, or option two that the campaigns are just visualised from novels, like the world engine or rynns world.

View attachment 960119
My Legion of the dammed look so shit compared to those right now. I just had to go for the ethereal look

9278EBB9-8DD1-4DB6-99C0-A44219C703DF.jpeg

1/3 mix of Nihialak Oxide and Lamian Medium over coral white spray. Whole squad is nearly complete so i’ll Post it later.

Edit: WIP legion of the damned, I’m keeping to a 3 colour palette for them. I added silver and gold to break up the scheme and all that is left is to highlight. The power armour will be celestra grey followed by white scar and metallics will be storm host silver.
On the melta weapons I will be dry brushing half way down with naggaroth night followed by Macragge Blue and the very front of the barrel Abaddon Black. Once that’s done I’ll wash the barrels with Drakenhof Nightshade to blend them together.

2404649C-8442-4E4E-BFA4-26515E044557.jpeg
25334581-770A-41A4-B1E6-0A681827127C.jpeg

The red on the bases will get a dry brush of Kindleflame and the stone will be Mechanicus Standard grey with a Nuln oil wash and Skaven blight singe dry brush.

Last edited:

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 960119
(not mine btw)
Primaris suck and I don't want them.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
If any of us could live forever and possessed an above average intellect, we could likely run this entire planet in a matter of 20 generations or less. We'd then get bored and decide to do something noble.
I'd Zeus it up by getting rich and fucking all the tail I could see. Then I'd be a bro ass grandpa but still they'd resent me for being a frat bro with too much time on his hands.

Reactions: Recoil
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino