Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was willing to give FSE the benefit of the doubt because they were the first in the beginning (waaaaay back in last February) to openly express their support for both Vic and Todd, and then some months later they revealed they were losing money. Even with their seemingly-lack-of material that they're supposedly known for, they looked like an indie company starting to get their big break before the wave of bullshit crashed over them. Their projects were odd, yeah, but this is the Internet, we've seen odder. And who knows, this comic of theirs probably has potential, and getting an animated series to help promote their comic is any creator's dream come true.

It honestly sucks to see an indie business struggle, but they deserve what karma's got coming for them for playing people. Fucking furfags.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I gotta hand it to them for reading the crowd WAY BETTER than any other company so far, if nothing else. Whether they intentionally scammed fans, or whether they're a spaz who keeps making promises they can't even hope to keep, they saw the brewing trouble with Vic and immediately surmised the correct course of action was to vocally support Vic, and represent that they were still working with him (despite not actually having worked with him for five years).

They did this back something like the day that Funimation posted its defamatory tweets, and after Rooster Teeth did its tweets and big name VAs had started piling on Vic. Since Vic was already not working with them, it would have cost them $0 to virtue signal that they'd let Vic go and hope for some free publicity and support from the media blitz going on at the time. They instead made the correct judgement that supporting Vic would win them the crowd...and it made them a bunch of money and has given them supporters that I can easily predict will not abandon them even now that they've been exposed as frauds (as long as they put in minimal effort to look like they're trying to correct the situation)

Call the dude a weirdo with eyes bigger than his budget, but he's not the one stupid enough to get dragged into a $200k+ lawsuit and infuriate hundreds of thousands of his former fans because virtue signalling.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I have to agree with @Garm The moving main operations to California does seem the future of funi in whatever way it exists as. All the main entertainment companies that buy up others pretty much move it all to Hollywood.
They were operating in Texas because it was dirt cheap. All that goes out the window when the low quality garbage you hired for those prices, like Sabat, fuck you over and open you up to huge liability by the illegal shit they constantly do. You might as well just go to California and cope with the unions.

There used to be a meme regarding Monica Rial, in that she was always prone to show up in an English dub of a series. And yet nowadays, she barely gets work.
How many VAs are actually so hated that just their participation in a series will now get a significant chunk of people boycotting the product and badmouthing it just because they're in it? Whether or not these idiots cancelled Vic, they successfully cancelled themselves as well.

Sony TV and Aniplex will own the venture while Funimations General Manager will run it. Funimation is being combined with Madman Anime Group and Wakanim.
So the stink of Funimation is bad enough they can't get rid of it by just merging it into one thing, but have to do two instead? This is what you do when you're trying to eliminate something in all but name. They probably will eventually drop the name too.

Reminds me of how 15-20 years ago bands like Creed claimed to be "Christian rock" to get into that market while having nothing to do with Christianity.
That's completely not what happened. They repeatedly denied being Christian rock but were vilified for that anyway just because they had some Christian themes. They were sort of the Nickelback of that kind of music but that's not something they did.

So, Weeb Wars now has its own Gen Zed? Are there any other cow gimmicks this debacle will rip off?
Worst genre crossover this season.

Last edited:

spirit of e m o s h

apparently a problem
kiwifarms.net
Back in July, he said he lost a big donor because of his support for Vic and that if people didn't give him money, Fantasy Soft would be closing it's doors at the end of the year. God damn this is gross.

View attachment 1219313
View attachment 1219300
View attachment 1219304
View attachment 1219305
View attachment 1219307
View attachment 1219308
View attachment 1219287
https://archive.vn/a47iO
View attachment 1219352
https://archive.vn/0cPCk

The next day,
View attachment 1219349
View attachment 1219355
https://archive.vn/atE96

Bounding into Comics wrote an article about it.
View attachment 1219356
https://archive.vn/lwUfS
Did you get a look at his recent back peddle & his admission of Vic not officially being involved? It's almost as if I were telling the truth.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
They were operating in Texas because it was dirt cheap. All that goes out the window when the low quality garbage you hired for those prices, like Sabat, fuck you over and open you up to huge liability by the illegal shit they constantly do. You might as well just go to California and cope with the unions.

How many VAs are actually so hated that just their participation in a series will now get a significant chunk of people boycotting the product and badmouthing it just because they're in it? Whether or not these idiots cancelled Vic, they successfully cancelled themselves as well.

So the stink of Funimation is bad enough they can't get rid of it by just merging it into one thing, but have to do two instead? This is what you do when you're trying to eliminate something in all but name. They probably will eventually drop the name too.

That's completely not what happened. They repeatedly denied being Christian rock but were vilified for that anyway just because they had some Christian themes. They were sort of the Nickelback of that kind of music but that's not something they did.

Worst genre crossover this season.
I don't know where this idea is coming from that Monica's not getting work. Marchi or Monica have been in every recent Funimation dub they could even maybe fit in. Ian what'shisname, too. who has sharply increased his roles recently from 'hey it's that guy' to 'oh there's his character this anime'. Even without Weeb Wars, Sabat's hiring pool has been getting so repetitive it's annoying. "Oh there's Sabat's character, there's Marchi and Monica's, there's Ian's, there's Erica. There's the guy who voiced Ainz Ooal Gown, and there's that random soft spoken guy." Heck, I haven't even heard Greg Ayres recently, and he used to be in every single anime with a cute blonde haired shota type.

For some reason in the early 00s the media had no idea what christian rock was. They confused Skillet with Creed, and then Evanescence had to repeat multiple times that they were not only not a Christian band, but the urban legends about how they were formed were totally inaccurate. The latter probably had something to do with a conflation of Amy Lee and one of the founding collaborators/members who died before the band ever really debuted.

I wonder if Funimation was slated for destruction before all this and Sabat's flexing was the dying gasps of his relevancy, like 'if I go down I'm taking you down while I still can', or if this is a direct result of trying to still be Don Sabat when he's no longer the one calling the shots?

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Did you get a look at his recent back peddle & his admission of Vic not officially being involved? It's almost as if I were telling the truth.
What a disappointment this “company” has shown to be. When they had Vic’s back, you would think they were being sincere, but it’s clear that they were just being opportunists that weren’t going to deliver in the end. What a crock.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Sadly it seems like a good majority of isvw were just opportunists trying to get the clicks and views. Cody is right *sigh*
It’s funny how a lot of people gave Cody a lot of shit for what he said about ISWV. Hell, at that time, even I thought he was being a little too arrogant. But everything that has happened for the past few months has proven him right.

And people seem to forget that it was because of Cody that Nick reached out to Vic early last year. Imagine what would have happened if Cody wasn’t around.

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
It’s funny how a lot of people gave Cody a lot of shit for what he said about ISWV. Hell, at that time, even I thought he was being a little too arrogant. But everything that has happened for the past few months has proven him right.

And people seem to forget that it was because of Cody that Nick reached out to Vic early last year. Imagine what would have happened if Cody wasn’t around.
Cody's message wasn't the problem the delivery of said message was the issue a lot of people had. He went on what was it 3 different rants about it for 10+ minutes? That's not a very good way of getting your message across because people are only going to remember how you delivered your message not really what was in it.

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
It’s funny how a lot of people gave Cody a lot of shit for what he said about ISWV.
Well I knew tug and flash we're clickbaity, especially tug. A lot of people probably just didn't want to see infighting or drama at the high of the support, but weeb wars got less gayer than cg since people dropped constant clickbait after vic's loss in court and went to the johnny deep drama.

SpiralStars

kiwifarms.net

There's more or less a cycle to these things. If I recall correctly, Cody called it before it even had time to happen. Points for being pescient but he was guessing if it was already happening. He was trying to be first.

Adach_Ame

I was once disgusted, now I'm just amused.
kiwifarms.net
Sadly it seems like a good majority of isvw were just opportunists trying to get the clicks and views. Cody is right *sigh*
Technically "majority" is a bit of a stretch, but yes the loud ones covering this were being opportunistic, in that context, majority works. It's always the loud few that end up being exposed as fake or genuine supporters. This is just how the world works.

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net
This is a transcript of the comments Vic made about Fantasy Soft on his Unlocked live stream today,
Over the last day or two, I have received a lot of questions about Fantasy Soft and Prince Adventures. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of that. I'm going to tell you the story straight from my mouth so there will be no mistaking anything that's going on and here is the story.

6 or 7 years ago, I was approached by a young man who said that he was trying to put together an anime, a faith-based anime series, so you can imagine that immediately made me go ooh. He sent me the artwork, I mean I get requests for stuff like that all the time, all varying degrees of quality, but he sent me some of the artwork and the artwork was really impressive. It was very, very cool character sketches. So I told him that if he ever ended up making it that I would be very happy to talk to him about being a part of it.

Well, that was 6 or 7 years ago, and he has not been able to get anything done yet, and a lot of people have been asking me about this and I want you to hear it from my mouth. I told him that I do not want my name used to raise money. I do not want my name used to promote something that does not yet exist, if you know what I mean. And I made that very clear to him and I wanted to make it clear with you guys. This is a project that I don't really know anything about. I recorded a couple of lines for him 6 years ago just to help him get it going and then nothing has happened since. Several other voice actors have kind of come into the project and then left the project. I don't know what going's on with it. I wish him the best.

I applaud anybody who wants to accomplish something. I admire people who have an idea, a creative idea, and they work hard to accomplish it and execute that idea. It's not easy. Believe me, as somebody who made Star Trek: Continues. It is not easy to come up with an idea and then actually do the idea, but I told him that I don't want him using my name to promote this project, which has been in limbo for almost 7 years now and certainly don't want any of you giving money to anything just because my name is attached to it, so I wanted to clarify that with you guys. I wish him no ill. I wish him all the best. I hope he's able to make it someday, but I don't want my name used to get money from people or anything like that.

Somebody just wrote, "Where can we find it when it's done?" Well, it hasn't even been started yet, that's the problem. It's a cool idea, but I don't know really anything about the details of it. I don't really know what the story even is. I mean, it might even be something that I ultimately wouldn't feel good about being apart of, but I don't know that yet because I know nothing, but a lot of people have been writing me and sending me screen captures where, "Oh, you're doing this thing with Fantasy Soft."

Well, Fantasy Soft is this gentleman and I wish him nothing but the best, but it's been 6 or 7 years and it hasn't gotten off the ground because putting stuff like this together is not always as easy as some people think it is. So I just wanted to get that out there, straight from my own mouth so there isn't anymore conjecture about, "Oh, is Vic involved with this? Does Vic know about this? Does Vic condone this?"

I don't condone anybody trying to raise money on my name and I certainly don't want anyone to feel taken advantage of or invested in something that just hasn't come to pass. I know very, very little about it, but I wish no one any ill will. I just want the best for all of you. So, that's that.

Last edited:

giraffes on coffee

It was me. I admit it.
kiwifarms.net
According to one user who got all the books, the character that Vic was supposed to play is about as Christian as my big toe.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
According to one user who got all the books, the character that Vic was supposed to play is about as Christian as my big toe.

The huge furry package in the 'pin up' was pretty alarming for a Vic character, that is true. He plays romantic and sensual characters often enough, but sexual isn't really his style.