Weeb Wars / AnimeGate / #KickVic / #IStandWithVic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

• DDoS is active again.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
After reading the article seems like NBC had a big part in it after making a "critical tweet"
I like how people are upset about what this guy did decades ago yet Olympics can't consider Taiwan a country, and the whole thing about Human Rights? If they actually followed that no country would be in the Olympics. This is just more pandering to the West.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
Who, in turn, panders to the CCP (because of the journos).
We could go on with this topic, but this article should be its own thread in the Articles & Happenings subforum.
I figure this is going to trickle down into various aspects of Japanese culture. From video games, to manga, to anime, to even toys. Once one person get's canceled more people will be.

Keigo after all did some work for a few anime. People, and countries, are bound to look into the industry more after this.

I figure this is going to trickle down into various aspects of Japanese culture. From video games, to manga, to anime, to even toys. Once one person get's canceled more people will be.
It’s what everyone said would happen when Tokyo was awarded the Olympics. And now that the claws are clamped down, the festering can begin, and the machine moves closer towards utopia.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
It’s what everyone said would happen when Tokyo was awarded the Olympics. And now that the claws are clamped down, the festering can begin, and the machine moves closer towards utopia.
At least Japan had a good run. I remember Yellow Flash always saying in his videos and on his Discord this would never happen. Any country that is democratic will have this crap happen to them.

Volmsaiyan

kiwifarms.net
At least Japan had a good run. I remember Yellow Flash always saying in his videos and on his Discord this would never happen. Any country that is democratic will have this crap happen to them.
To give them the benefit of the doubt, ATM people are already on their ass over holding the Olympics during Covid,they are wanting the influx of $$$$ the Olympics are going to bring & probably have all these woke western sponsors. There's been alot of pushback from the manga industry when it comes to the west. With manga utterly destroying American comics in sales, I don't see that industry going woke for awhile.

Anonymus Fluhre

kiwifarms.net
To give them the benefit of the doubt, ATM people are already on their ass over holding the Olympics during Covid,they are wanting the influx of $$$$ the Olympics are going to bring & probably have all these woke western sponsors. There's been alot of pushback from the manga industry when it comes to the west. With manga utterly destroying American comics in sales, I don't see that industry going woke for awhile.
I like how people think that but have nothing to actually show for it. Mangas beat out Western TPB but not the individual comics. Plus with companies like DC switching from Diamond and Marvel doing the same in 2021 there will no longer be sales numbers.

Not to mention comics before COVID had a no return policy when everyone went through Diamond so you would order an ex amount to make sure you wouldn't fill your shelves with comics that wont sell. You can check out the few mangas listed on Comichron and see that they don't do as well as Western comics.

Edit: Penguin House has already started working with Marvel on their comics. Before the deal was just their TPBs and Graphic Novels and that the Diamond contract was up in October. For those who don't know, DC is with Lunar now. Comic collectors don't know if the number of comics sold for each release will be released to the public. If not, it could help with collecting them more as no one will know for sure how many are out there.

Volmsaiyan

kiwifarms.net
I like how people think that but have nothing to actually show for it. Mangas beat out Western TPB but not the individual comics. Plus with companies like DC switching from Diamond and Marvel doing the same in 2021 there will no longer be sales numbers.

Not to mention comics before COVID had a no return policy when everyone went through Diamond so you would order an ex amount to make sure you wouldn't fill your shelves with comics that wont sell. You can check out the few mangas listed on Comichron and see that they don't do as well as Western comics.

Edit: Penguin House has already started working with Marvel on their comics. Before the deal was just their TPBs and Graphic Novels and that the Diamond contract was up in October. For those who don't know, DC is with Lunar now. Comic collectors don't know if the number of comics sold for each release will be released to the public. If not, it could help with collecting them more as no one will know for sure how many are out there.
Demon slayer alone sold over 82 million units in 2020 while the entire comics industry sold 82 million units

TheClappening

TwoHandsSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The irony that the last bastion against woke could be islamic theocracies, where the wrong flavors of Muslim get murdered and gays get thrown off rooftops.

BigDuckEnergy

kiwifarms.net
Well Cancel Culture is now spreading to Japan

He did this like 25 years ago.

"The government is working toward a society of coexistence," Kato said, adding that Oyamada's behavior should not be tolerated."

So good job America, you finally finished killing off Japan. Took you several decades, but you've done it.
You weebs have some weird view of Japan, their cancel culture has been going on far longer and has always been much more severe than the west, it has just been that the reason for cancelling was different.

They cancel female celebrities if they find out they are in a relationship, they cancel anyone for minor drug infractions. Have a tenuous connection to the Yakuza, better believe thats a cancellin.

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
You weebs have some weird view of Japan, their cancel culture has been going on far longer and has always been much more severe than the west, it has just been that the reason for cancelling was different.

They cancel female celebrities if they find out they are in a relationship, they cancel anyone for minor drug infractions. Have a tenuous connection to the Yakuza, better believe thats a cancellin.
Yea Sega replaced actors in Yakuza 4 and Judgement due to drugs, this is nothing new to this country and has been going on for decades.

BurningRazor

kiwifarms.net
https://twitter.com/B_Rabbit843/status/1417487815345115146
3.jpg
https://archive.ph/TN85f

BigDuckEnergy

kiwifarms.net
Yea Sega replaced actors in Yakuza 4 and Judgement due to drugs, this is nothing new to this country and has been going on for decades.
If i remember correctly, that wasn't just a "not working with him in the future" thing either, they pulled the game and completely scrubbed him from it where they could.

Urbanmech

Got an AC 10 and not afraid to use it!
kiwifarms.net
If i remember correctly, that wasn't just a "not working with him in the future" thing either, they pulled the game and completely scrubbed him from it where they could.
Yea both of them got completely scrubbed from their respective games. Changed the face and redid the VA work .