Weeb Wars / Animegate / #kickvic / #vickicksback - General Discussion Thread

xyz741

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't be as annoyed with his behavior if he called out both sides. Then the whole healing the community thing would still be annoying, but would also feel actually genuine. Now it just feels very hollow and fake. I hope he actually responds to emosh, so someone can point out the hypocrisy to him. Well, maybe he's aware...
None of them really care about "healing the community", the goal is to "minimize the damage" and the whole reason for that is because it affects their bottom line. Chuck has thrown in with KV because on the industry side, the numbers are there. To put it simply, 3 years from now if Kamehacon wants to look like the biggest and best DBZ con, then they should be KV because Vic is 1 guy and all the other primaries are KV or at least willing to not publicly align with Vic. Meaning if you run a Vic friendly DBZ con and I run a "no Vic ever" DBZ con, one of us will have more guests.

Now, the mistake he is making with this thinking is that "more guests = more money". This will be an interesting one to watch because most of the people that are publicly KV are like Dominique, which is to say non-paying people. They don't even buy badges (which is probably something that Kamehacon noticed) and probably don't pay for autographs, if only because "I've known X for years, we're cool". Chuck wants ISWV to "reconcile" with KV, because in the near term, KV is more likely to be the norm for convention Org side, but KV has a lot of money that he would prefer to see come in the door rather than boycott.

EDIT: (Chuck is also forgetting the Michael Jordan adage, paraphrased as: The other side has money that I want too)

Last edited:

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
None of them really care about "healing the community", the goal is to "minimize the damage" and the whole reason for that is because it affects their bottom line. Chuck has thrown in with KV because on the industry side, the numbers are there. To put it simply, 3 years from now if Kamehacon wants to look like the biggest and best DBZ con, then they should be KV because Vic is 1 guy and all the other primaries are KV or at least willing to not publicly align with Vic. Meaning if you run a Vic friendly DBZ con and I run a "no Vic ever" DBZ con, one of us will have more guests.

Now, the mistake he is making with this thinking is that "more guests = more money". This will be an interesting one to watch because most of the people that are publicly KV are like Dominique, which is to say non-paying people. They don't even buy badges (which is probably something that Kamehacon noticed) and probably don't pay for autographs, if only because "I've known X for years, we're cool". Chuck wants ISWV to "reconcile" with KV, because in the near term, KV is more likely to be the norm for convention Org side, but KV has a lot of money that he would prefer to see come in the door rather than boycott.
Exactly. This isn’t about healing the community; it’s about damage control and rewriting history. Every corporation is guilty of this, including Funimation. The only difference is that no typical corporation would let their employees insult and threaten their customers and get away with it, which is why Funimation has no credibility, no matter how much they try to spin the story. Even if the case ends today, no one will let forget Funimation what they did, especially anime fans.
Just scrolled through some spergy argument on twitter; the KV spergs kept gloating about how Vic's fired, how he won't ever get hired again, how he won't be able to attend conventions again and see his fans, how he'll go bankrupt because of the lawsuit and so on. No Chuck in sight to remind them to be kind. Yet he comes running when an ISWV sperg posts a dumb meme to scold them.

I wouldn't be as annoyed with his behavior if he called out both sides. Then the whole healing the community thing would still be annoying, but would also feel actually genuine. Now it just feels very hollow and fake. I hope he actually responds to emosh, so someone can point out the hypocrisy to him. Well, maybe he's aware...
He ain’t going to respond. He’s pretty much ruined his credibility when he condemned Emosh for laughing at Dominique’s accounts suspended, but shrugged about Vic’s mom being harassed and not saying anything about people wanting Vic to kill himself. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Last edited:

ThatDumbPhilosopher

Dumbass-in-Chief
kiwifarms.net
More personal observations from my time at cons and personal experience, but with more girls going to cons, usually also bringing their friends along, you had an increase in creeps thinking that they would be easy scores because those girls were usually the awkward nerdy type, guys who only went to cons to pick up chicks. It still happens now but I don't think as rampant once they started doing the "cosplay is not consent" campaign, thought now there's the problem of consluts making people think that every female cosplayer is a conslut. Creeps still go to cons but its become a lot easier to spot and avoid them since info spreads pretty quickly among girls on who to avoid. Yet problems still occur where the creeps aren't con-goers but con staff or these creeps are actively encouraged by stupid consluts looking to make money.

I've also noticed an uptick on cons going from anime/manga conventions to general geek cons to draw in bigger numbers as they grow larger. As the years go by, I find less desire to go to local cons because they host less and less panels on actual anime or anything focused. I remember my first years of con going back in the 00s to early 10s being frantically running from panel to panel and having to mule over picking one panel over the other. Nowadays I'm lucky if there's more than one or two panels I wanted to go to each day. Taking a peak at the schedule for the big local con in my area that I had no time to go to this year it's largely made up of cosplay panels, gaming, Doctor who, Comics, Creative writing, more cosplay, and a bunch of panels on queer representation for some reason. I can count the number of interesting panels the entire weekend on one hand, I'm honestly a little shocked.
You are right, I will also give my view about cons from where I live (baguette land).
I am not trying to power level, simply expose my point of view so I will need to talk a bit about what I do in these cons.

I discovered cons when I was around 12 and I immediately started with the most reknowed one in my country. To be honest I was amazed to see so many people gathered at one place, the cosplays were beautiful and the ambiance was great.
I never wanted to leave and was quite sad when I had to but during the day I was scouted by a cosplayer who gave me a mean to contact her so I could discover the world of cosplaying.
Since then I started cosplaying as different characters such as Saber, Saber Alter and Jeanne d'Arc from the Fate series just to say a few examples.
That's when I discovered the view on cons as a cosplayers, depending on where you go cosplayers are treated differently, I know some cons where cosplayers are simply treated as a nuisance and some where we are almost treated as VIPs by the staff. However that's not what I was afraid of when going to cons, I have some fellow cosplayers who are all afraid of the same things as I : Free Huggers, Creeps and the biggest of them being creeps who uses photography as a matter to hook-up with their models.
To this day it is still a problem even with the "Cosplay is not consent" movement however word spread around fast in the community so we identify these relatively easily.

Now I have dropped doing cosplay for a while because I simply don't have the same drive as before and don't have much time to work on my cosplans. Since I am pretty much broke all the time I was thinking about how to enter in cons without having to pay so I decided to work at cons as a member of the staff.
That's when I have discovered the view on cons as a member of the Staff and that also when I've discovered how everything is not as beautiful as it seems to the visitors.
The amount of work is huge and even though you could access to the con with a free pass, you are submitted to a schedule (which wasn't a problem since I was here to work) however, once again, depending on the con the staff is treated differently, I've been to cons where we were treated poorly (I am talking about not being fed and having no break at all.) and some where it was quite chill (with a buffet in the staff room, break whenever you wanted and free access to the VIP room.) so I have quite a neutral opinion about that point of view but what could be creepy is that there was always rumors about VIPs acting like Divas/creeps even though it never happened to me when I was assigned to VIPs so I am kind of skeptical about that.
I have worked as a con staff for about 4-5 years before dropping it because I had enough of the mistreatment of the staff.

Right now I am back on going to cons as a simple visitor even though I decided to use my knowledge about cosplays to be a kind of Rescue Force to cosplayers, meaning I stuff my backpack with all sort of materials (Hot glue, ducktape, cloth, pins, needles and polyester threads, etc...) and go around the con repairing cosplays whenever there's a problem.
But with my previous knowledge I am more aware of my surroundings in the cons so it is not unusual for me to spot creeps and call freehuggers out whenever they sprint towards cosplayers in order to hug them without asking consent, often resulting on getting something broken.
But I have also seen more and more cons adopting the "Melting pot" strategy in order to bring more people in aswell as having more selling/food stands.

To be perfectly honest I am quite glad to see the geek culture being more mainstream but I always raise an eyebrow when I see people trying to hook up with cosplayers and catcalling them.

Well then that's all I had to say.
Sorry again for the powerlevelling but I hope it helped some of y'all to see how it is around here.

xyz741

kiwifarms.net
The amount of work is huge and even though you could access to the con with a free pass, you are submitted to a schedule (which wasn't a problem since I was here to work) however, once again, depending on the con the staff is treated differently, I've been to cons where we were treated poorly (I am talking about not being fed and having no break at all.) and some where it was quite chill (with a buffet in the staff room, break whenever you wanted and free access to the VIP room.) so I have quite a neutral opinion about that point of view but what could be creepy is that there was always rumors about VIPs acting like Divas/creeps even though it never happened to me when I was assigned to VIPs so I am kind of skeptical about that.
I have worked as a con staff for about 4-5 years before dropping it because I had enough of the mistreatment of the staff.
One thing to keep in mind if you ever volunteer for a convention is that for the primary Orgs (con chair, most staff heads, etc), 90% (if not 100%) fall into one of two groups. Both groups are about equally liable to abuse your enthusiasm, but for entirely different reasons:
1. The fanboys/girls, these are the people that are hardcore nerds of the con material, and unfortunately, this number is in serious decline. These people will probably work you like a dog with little reward, but that's only because they are doing the same to themselves. A fanboy will run on 2 hrs sleep and caffeine for most of the weekend and not think that other people are not as psychotically invested as they are, they are unfortunately often maligned because people think they are....
2. The CEOs, these are the people that are in it for the money. They may have loved the material once, they might even still watch one or two shows now, but the show is a business and you are free (or really, really cheap) labor. The "best" ones will give you cheap rewards because replacing you may take more effort than they want to put in, the worst ones will just abuse the hell out of you until you burn out.

Again, the best fans have enough self awareness to try to keep from overworking people that aren't as hardcore as themselves and the best CEOs try to mask the mercenary nature of the "business" as much as they can to sustain your enthusiasm, but those are the two motivations for people doing it. Both ends are prone to getting into cliques with "VIPs", be they guests, cosplayers, industry/businesses, etc. It's always just a question of how well they can compartmentalize their role, it's usually easier for the CEO types simply because in the end most of them aren't going to risk their bank account for ego-stroking.

ThatDumbPhilosopher

Dumbass-in-Chief
kiwifarms.net

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Ooooh now he is virtue signalling...Even though I think I know what you are doing, I will ask just for good measure :
What are you plotting Chuck ?
Hey Chuck, I don’t know if you’re stupid or ignorant or both, but that “disabled man” is trying to destroy your friend, by using social media, connections with news outlets and blatantly overcharging his legal fees. Cut the Mr. Rogers bullshit. You’re hurting Vic, hurting your fans and hurting yourself.

I don’t know how this guy doesn’t have his own thread, but I think now is a good time to make one.

theworstkindofeurofag

kiwifarms.net
Kinda funny how I was going to archive and post those earlier, but after seeing how many tweets he posted, I felt too lazy and demotivated to do so. Instead I thought: "Eh, @Nontransferable is gonna post these later." And you delivered. I like how you are the trustworthy archiver in my mind now. Your research skills are also top notch.

Speaking of C(h)uck:

chuck.PNG

Talking about Michele here. I don't think Michele was showering Slatosch with kindness when she told him Vic would be charged with a crime. Also don't think her aiding the people that want Vic destroyed by writing him a melodramatic email when he was at his lowest which only purpose was to later be used in a legal document to make Vic look bad was an act of kindness. Her liking literally dozens of tweets a day shitting on Vic also doesn't scream kindness to me.

Another hot take. Vic's own fans are responsible for his bad reputation and him not getting work / getting invited to conventions. Not the group of people that, you know, spread the rumor that Vic is a serial sexual harasser and will harass every convention and studio that dares to work with Vic.

chuck2.PNG

chuck3.PNG

chuck4.PNG

chuck5.PNG

chuck6.PNG

(all of those were already archived)

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
Kinda funny how I was going to archive and post those earlier, but after seeing how many tweets he posted, I felt too lazy and demotivated to do so. Instead I thought: "Eh, @Nontransferable is gonna post these later." And you delivered. I like how you are the trustworthy archiver in my mind now. Your research skills are also top notch.

Speaking of C(h)uck:

View attachment 1002200

Talking about Michele here. I don't think Michele was showering Slatosch with kindness when she told him Vic would be charged with a crime. Also don't think her aiding the people that want Vic destroyed by writing him a melodramatic email when he was at his lowest which only purpose was to later be used in a legal document to make Vic look bad was an act of kindness. Her liking literally dozens of tweets a day shitting on Vic also doesn't scream kindness to me.

Another hot take. Vic's own fans are responsible for his bad reputation and him not getting work / getting invited to conventions. Not the group of people that, you know, spread the rumor that Vic is a serial sexual harasser and will harass every convention and studio that dares to work with Vic.

View attachment 1002215

View attachment 1002216

View attachment 1002217

View attachment 1002218

View attachment 1002220

It’s official. Chuck Huber is now an NPC.

Garm

kiwifarms.net

Speaking of C(h)uck:

View attachment 1002200

View attachment 1002215

View attachment 1002216

View attachment 1002217

View attachment 1002218

View attachment 1002220

Stop trying to tell us what to do Chuck.

Notspecialdude

kiwifarms.net
I pity chuck. I really do. Its pretty clear he wants this to end, but he has no way to end it himself. He cant convince either party to stop at this stage, and KV has no reason to back down.

His only hope is that he can shame ISWV into backing down since they are the only "vulnerable" group. He figures, probably correctly too, that if Vic's fans make a concerted effort to ask vic to drop the suit, he might drop it. The problem is that he's fence sitting on the core issue. (Said issue being if the Vic accusations are true.) He obvious doesnt want to burn any bridges by outright admiting his doubt of the claims, but likewise is trying real hard the shift the discussion away from that topic.

A pitiful man stuck in a wholy avoidable situation. What a shame.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net

Speaking of C(h)uck:

View attachment 1002200

View attachment 1002215

View attachment 1002216

View attachment 1002217

View attachment 1002218

View attachment 1002220

According to the convention owners Nick has spoken with thats not true. Theyre afraid of the mob that will be set upon them if they even think about inviting him. They have a business to run and inviting TI doesnt help them.

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net

Speaking of C(h)uck:

View attachment 1002200

View attachment 1002215

View attachment 1002216

View attachment 1002217

View attachment 1002218

View attachment 1002220

That's not how it works Chuck, it's impossible for anyone with any kind of fanbase to fully police it and get rid of these 'reactive' supporters as you call them. I mean when I see cons tweeting about Vic being invited the comments are largely full of Vic fans just being super happy.

Crazedking

kiwifarms.net
fuck him, im usually advocating for neutrality in most aspect of life but when your sitting on a fence shitting on side and kissing ass on the other you deserver to get called out.

I agree withChuck though that ISWV is pretty autistic, much like KV is a bunch of exceptional individuals. clickbait youtubers dont help and i think even nick got swept into the movement. Call them for what they are but getting on stupid petty fights on twitters with folks is pretty autistic.

There is unnessary antagonizing of each other sides that happen and it would due everyone to chill out and rein the tardness but at this point chuck is joining a third group of exceptional individual which is the supid "Healing the community side". The community per say is wounded and festering. You dont jsut slap a bandaid now and hope it all goes away.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino