Weight loss support thread -

The Joker

Does not have a girl penis
kiwifarms.net
I lost 150 pounds just by calorie counting, learning about the food I eat, therapy to discover why I was eating like a fat and different coping mechanisms without food, and mindful eating habits. Kept the weight off for years and became a fit person.
Honestly, don't limit yourself too much. If you want to have McDonald's for dinner one night, do it. Just remember to balance yourself, drink water, take your vitamins, and try to get 30 minutes of movement in a day.

YoungHustle

💊 edgy 🏳️‍🌈 gay 🧠 not okay
kiwifarms.net
I lost 150 pounds just by calorie counting, learning about the food I eat, therapy to discover why I was eating like a fat and different coping mechanisms without food, and mindful eating habits. Kept the weight off for years and became a fit person.
Honestly, don't limit yourself too much. If you want to have McDonald's for dinner one night, do it. Just remember to balance yourself, drink water, take your vitamins, and try to get 30 minutes of movement in a day.
I resent calorie counting since I started a couple weeks ago and it robbed me of the pleasure of pop tarts. Goddammit I loved pop tarts. Do you have any idea how fucked my calorie count for the day was with pop tarts? Fuck.

shit does work though, you right.

bigrigger

kiwifarms.net
I posted earlier in the thread but I just want to dump some advice here on the off chance someone finds some of it useful, I went from 25 stone to 22 stone since the start of the year and just want to offer some tips, I am far from finished as fitness is a life long thing once you get yourself this far in the hole. Tldr I went from walking to doing palates (ring fit) to my current point of running 5-10k 4 times minimum a week.

First off none of this will work it you don't have your diet under control, it doesn't have to be perfect and you don't need to count calories just make sure you aren't eating absolute shit.

Arguably just as important as the diet is to not share your goals or progress with the world because it 100% will just set you up for a fall, your brain starts firing off all the good feel chemicals and you feel as if you have crossed the finish line before it's even started, keep it all to yourself or at most get one close friend to join you on the journey but if you do the latter it has to be a loose agreement where regardless of them turning up for a gym session or a run or whatever it may be that you will do it solo and not use them as an out. On this topic don't do any self improvement for anyone but you, don't do it to get laid or to stop being an incel as it isn't a silver bullet for that and chances are if you thought it was you will die alone.

If you are seriously overweight then start small, I initially just walked up and down a stretch of road that was 0.6km long each way so 1.2km per loop, I grinded this mostly after dark and it was a good way to get started, I listened to audio books and just repeated it until I got bored.

You probably aren't doing enough to justify rest days, so just do something every day if you are starting off lightly, which you will be if you are anything approaching the size I am/was. This isn't to say you shouldn't take a rest day, just don't use the rest day as an excuse to sit indoors doing nothing, you can still go for a walk on a rest day.

Try to have a mindset that drives you to do better, track exercises and max weights or personal bests and do whatever it takes to beat them, if you were brought up playing sports you will already have this mindset tucked away somewhere waiting to be used again, failing that game-ify the exercise, mix it up with a GPS game like pokemon go or a literal fitness game like ring fit adventure.

If you want to get into running I can't recommend the couch to 5k program highly enough, it has changed my life completely, the BBC has an app which takes you through it that is completely retard proof, teaches you some basics about the sort of pace you should be doing etc then after that either work on speeding up by starting the app again from day one but do it all sprinting or just keep adding 1km any time you are feeling yourself on a 5k. Side note: overweight people seem to think that running is a risk to their knees, I can only see this being true if you are sprinting full force for long periods which fatties can't do, slow and low impact jogging has done no damage to mine.

Sorry if this post is a mess I found some tips from earlier in the thread helpful and just wanted to pass it forward, if you are reading this and currently struggling to shift the fat just remember it's never too late to start it and even if the stats on recovering from obesity aren't exactly in your favour that isn't to say you can't be one of the few that does turn it around, if not on this current attempt then maybe in the future ones, good luck.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Side note: overweight people seem to think that running is a risk to their knees, I can only see this being true if you are sprinting full force for long periods which fatties can't do, slow and low impact jogging has done no damage to mine.
Running is bad for your knees, no matter how thin you are- you should do stuff to strenghten your knee if you wanna run.

YoungHustle

💊 edgy 🏳️‍🌈 gay 🧠 not okay
kiwifarms.net
Running is bad for your knees, no matter how thin you are- you should do stuff to strenghten your knee if you wanna run.
Jumping on that (gently, because I’m fat and want my knees to last), what can someone who has pretty strong legs do to make sure they’re not neglecting knee strength?

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
what can someone who has pretty strong legs do to make sure they’re not neglecting knee strength?
there are plenty of exercises you can do for more muscle around the knee and the gastrocnemius muscle.
My english is not good enough to explain them.... i do a Handball leg workout once a week and some basic execises 3 times a week, but i have knee problems from sport so i have to do more. the 3 basic knee training days will be plenty for a normal person-

biophonic

kiwifarms.net
Jumping on that (gently, because I’m fat and want my knees to last), what can someone who has pretty strong legs do to make sure they’re not neglecting knee strength?
Squat exercises are pretty decent for knee support but don't add weights to the exercise until you're comfortable doing so after a few months and iron supplements would be decent too. Get some Knee sleeves but if it's 1st time, 30 squats with no weight/3 times a week is the absolute bare minimum recommended.

lurk_moar

Certified Lab Tech and Fatphobe
kiwifarms.net
I've been on a plateau for three weeks now. According to my not-so-smart scale, I gained three percentage points of fat and lost five pounds of muscle in two weeks. Say what? Granted this month, I worked out the most amount of time according to my apple watch. Speaking of apple watches, the small size of the solo loop bands fit me perfectly, but a little too loose.

My coworker had weight loss surgery. I thought for the heck of it, to try to see if I would qualify in Mexico, and I do. :stress:

Yeah, let's rearrange and permanently alter my internal organs because I am only a mere forty pounds away from my ideal body weight (100 pounds) and not a deathfat with a laundry list of health problems. I honest to God thought that Mexicans were ethical, nice, and lovely people, well, I guess not now. I totally thought that illegal weight loss surgery only took place in South Korea, so myth busted. I am honestly going to try to keep soldiering on my weight loss plateau, I guess.

On Amazon Prime Day, I bought a weight set and an elliptical that I always wanted so fricken badly. I guess my home gym is complete.

BalthasarGelt

I AM SUPREME
kiwifarms.net
95kg to 84kg and dropping at a steady rate while being practically sedentary due to fractured leg. Around two months of this. Dropped from being above overweight range at around 86kg but I still want to hit 80. Coincidentally it took me at least 3 weeks to finally start dropping from that 86kg mark, that was the only major slump so far, which was really strange considering I didn't break my diet

Best non-generic advice I can give is to stock the fuck up on gelatin. This shit seriously feels like cheating. It has practically no nutritional value, is cheap as hell and fills you up. Hungry between lunch and dinner or dinner and bedtime? Pop one of these cunts. Don't want to bother slicing fruit after a meal? Bam. The ultimate weight loss food.

The only things I eat: chicken (every variation but fried), red meat once per week, one slice of bread a day, cabbage and a bunch of other salad-related veggies, onions, tomato soup, pumpkin (mashed or purée), white fish, practically every fruit I can get my hands on and yoghurt (obviously no sugar), and WATAH. Cheat days: once every two weeks, or recently as I've been able to get out more, once per week but only after an especially strenuous day. I guess you'd consider my daily coffee with a bit of cheeky brown sugar a cheat too.

Also, if you're from Southern Europe or any other place that uses olive oil as frequently as we do: restrict that shit! Don't use it to cook all of the time, don't pour it on your bread or salad all of the time, treat it like it's a luxury.

Best wishes to all non-salad dodgers in this thread.

Ugandan discussions

kiwifarms.net
Proven time and again to be a crock of shit.
(Edit: Runner's World so biased etc, but links to info about several studies)

Runners typically have much lower instance of osteo-arthritic conditions. Not 100% clear why, but it appears likely to be two complementary effects:
- The body is generally better for being used, because it tends to recover stronger.
- A sedentary lifestyle, and carrying too much weight, is far worse for your joints than running.

That's not to say the precautionary principle is a bad thing. Definitely consult your doc before starting any kind of exercise regime if you're significantly overweight, have other health conditions, or have had knee problems in the past. Start gently and balance running with exercise that helps strengthen your core muscles, and most people will have few injuries and significantly improved joint health.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Proven time and again to be a crock of shit.
your source is only about one knee problem, and its one we arent sure how it works.

That's not to say the precautionary principle is a bad thing. Definitely consult your doc before starting any kind of exercise regime if you're significantly overweight, have other health conditions, or have had knee problems in the past. Start gently and balance running with exercise that helps strengthen your core muscles, and most people will have few injuries and significantly improved joint health.
Yeah get yourself in pain becauce of some runner nuts. you always want to build muscle first to prevent injuries.

I've been on a plateau for three weeks now. According to my not-so-smart scale, I gained three percentage points of fat and lost five pounds of muscle in two weeks. Say what? Granted this month, I worked out the most amount of time according to my apple watch. Speaking of apple watches, the small size of the solo loop bands fit me perfectly, but a little too loose.
go keto for a couple of weeks. its hard to lose the last layers of fat if you eat to much carbs. you can go back to it after you hit your target.

lurk_moar

Certified Lab Tech and Fatphobe
kiwifarms.net
To Stoneheart, I am on a very high protein diet. I consume over 100 grams of protein a day. I have been on this very high protein diet since January. I barely consume any simple carbs, only complex carbs in veggies and salads. I seem to plateau after losing between ten to twenty pounds. I got on the scale today and am down 0.2 pounds from my lowest weight. Technically, I am at my lowest weight. On my plateau, I seemed to cycle between the same five pounds for a month.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
I am on a very high protein diet. I consume over 100 grams of protein a day. I have been on this very high protein diet since January. I barely consume any simple carbs, only complex carbs in veggies and salads.
thats to much protein, you muscles dont need that much and replacing some with fat would help...
I went for 100g of protein last month, but 150lbs was my target and males need more protein.

Fliddaroonie

I'm a spooky ghost! Whooooo!!! Ectoplasm!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I posted earlier in the thread but I just want to dump some advice here on the off chance someone finds some of it useful, I went from 25 stone to 22 stone since the start of the year and just want to offer some tips, I am far from finished as fitness is a life long thing once you get yourself this far in the hole. Tldr I went from walking to doing palates (ring fit) to my current point of running 5-10k 4 times minimum a week.

First off none of this will work it you don't have your diet under control, it doesn't have to be perfect and you don't need to count calories just make sure you aren't eating absolute shit.

Arguably just as important as the diet is to not share your goals or progress with the world because it 100% will just set you up for a fall, your brain starts firing off all the good feel chemicals and you feel as if you have crossed the finish line before it's even started, keep it all to yourself or at most get one close friend to join you on the journey but if you do the latter it has to be a loose agreement where regardless of them turning up for a gym session or a run or whatever it may be that you will do it solo and not use them as an out. On this topic don't do any self improvement for anyone but you, don't do it to get laid or to stop being an incel as it isn't a silver bullet for that and chances are if you thought it was you will die alone.

If you are seriously overweight then start small, I initially just walked up and down a stretch of road that was 0.6km long each way so 1.2km per loop, I grinded this mostly after dark and it was a good way to get started, I listened to audio books and just repeated it until I got bored.

You probably aren't doing enough to justify rest days, so just do something every day if you are starting off lightly, which you will be if you are anything approaching the size I am/was. This isn't to say you shouldn't take a rest day, just don't use the rest day as an excuse to sit indoors doing nothing, you can still go for a walk on a rest day.

Try to have a mindset that drives you to do better, track exercises and max weights or personal bests and do whatever it takes to beat them, if you were brought up playing sports you will already have this mindset tucked away somewhere waiting to be used again, failing that game-ify the exercise, mix it up with a GPS game like pokemon go or a literal fitness game like ring fit adventure.

If you want to get into running I can't recommend the couch to 5k program highly enough, it has changed my life completely, the BBC has an app which takes you through it that is completely retard proof, teaches you some basics about the sort of pace you should be doing etc then after that either work on speeding up by starting the app again from day one but do it all sprinting or just keep adding 1km any time you are feeling yourself on a 5k. Side note: overweight people seem to think that running is a risk to their knees, I can only see this being true if you are sprinting full force for long periods which fatties can't do, slow and low impact jogging has done no damage to mine.

Sorry if this post is a mess I found some tips from earlier in the thread helpful and just wanted to pass it forward, if you are reading this and currently struggling to shift the fat just remember it's never too late to start it and even if the stats on recovering from obesity aren't exactly in your favour that isn't to say you can't be one of the few that does turn it around, if not on this current attempt then maybe in the future ones, good luck.
At your weight, and running, you are going to irreparably fuck not just your knees, but your hips, back and the ligaments and joints in your feet.

Fat people should not do anything high impact, because of the long term damage. I forget the formula for calculating force but the force being slammed down onto your feet and knees is way, way, way above the over 300lb you are.

Edited to say: you will fuck yourself up and unless you've addressed the mental issues that gave you such fucked eating habits, you will ram the fat back on when you injure yourself. The NHS is crippled under the weight of such patients. Realised were fat fucks, over compensated by running, seriously hurt themselves, immobile, got fatter, got sicker.

For the love of Christ, get a PT and get a training plan that's not going to cripple you.

Edited: Force is mass (in your case over 300lb, 308 to be exact - are you sure you're running "5-10km, 4 times a week? What's your cadence? How long does that take you? What's your fastest/slowest km time?) times area. Area is a little more tricky outside of a clinic to actually map your foot area, but cm squared paper and tracing round the outline of your foot (not sure if possible at your size, you might need help) will give you an idea.

Sorry, but everything about what you've posted is utter Reddit fat2fit tier, and the figures you've given for your weight, if accurate? You are going to cripple yourself trying to run your way out of your still considerable weight, and you are going to burden the NHS because of your retarded choices, and you will be in fucking agony. Fats like you are a dime a dozen, and the health service is unable to cope with you all. For crying out loud, stop, reconsider, change and save yourself, and them, the long term suffering.

Final edit: Dude, you weigh over 300lb. You are in no position to tell ANYONE about whether or not they can have rest days. 1. Rest days are important and 2. if you count your calories on them and track your macros you will be fine.

As I mentioned above, it's not just your weight that is the issue to the joints. It's the force being exerted which is far higher than your weight, and your weight is high enough already. I have seen and dealt with tons (pun intended) of patients like you and you all go the same way.

Last edited:

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Dude, you weigh over 300lb. You are in no position to tell ANYONE about whether or not they can have rest days. 1. Rest days are important and
running 5km a day is a light work out and not a problem for your legs if you are in shape. you can do that everyday.

for hard workouts, make them specific and you can do a different workout every day. you need the rest day(s) for your muscles to repair and restore, not for your whole body,
doing some workout everyday helps with keeping your hormones on an elevated level.

Ugandan discussions

kiwifarms.net
your source is only about one knee problem, and its one we arent sure how it works.

Yeah get yourself in pain becauce of some runner nuts. you always want to build muscle first to prevent injuries.
Other than it also cover generalised knee pain, and that osteoarthritis is the 'wearing out your knees' that everyone seems so worried about...

I don't trivialise the need to get stuff right. If you're in pain, stop, build slowly, and never try to do too much too soon. But it's simply inaccurate to suggest that running is inherently unhealthy or bad for you.