Weight loss support thread -

lurk_moar

Certified Lab Tech and Fatphobe
kiwifarms.net
Please do not label me an attention whore, but I want to share some non-scale victories.

I finally decided to break down and buy new underwear and bras. Half of my undergarments are ill-fitting, and ill-fitting undergarments make you feel awkward AF.

I am not going to replace my casual wardrobe just yet because I still plan on dieting until I hit my ultimate goal weight and stick with healthy lifestyle choices. I feel like I am in between my heaviest to my ultimate goal weight. I also feel that it is pointless to buy casual clothes (which I barely wear) to just end up replacing them because I lost moar fat and got leaner. Thank goodness for pants with drawstrings.

The mainstream advice is to buy a new wardrobe for every ten pounds of weight loss. Well, I guess buy new clothes each season then.

I decided against buying new summer scrubs because summer is nearly over, and what if I were to drop to a size small by April of next year. Got to keep uniform advantage in business after all. I am for sure buying new winter scrubs. Larges fit me like a potato sack.

I have an internship interview coming up, and none of my nice clothes fit me. I bought a men's small polo shirt on amazon, and it fits me perfectly.

I have not lost a shoe size because I have the body of an M&M man with thin extremities and a fat midsection.

People complain about how the dryer shrinks clothes. I have concluded that that is a lie. I am shrinking but not my clothes. People are getting fatter and use the dryer as a scapegoat as to why their clothes do not fit.

The BCD that I have my eye on may be highly adjustable, but let’s face it I would have to size down by December. I am very close to being in between sizes. The size small does not have enough buoyancy for cold water. I plan on getting a back inflate size in a small, so that it can be used in both warm and cold water.

Lemmingwise

Female gamers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please do not label me an attention whore, but I want to share some non-scale victories.

I finally decided to break down and buy new underwear and bras. Half of my undergarments are ill-fitting, and ill-fitting undergarments make you feel awkward AF.

I am not going to replace my casual wardrobe just yet because I still plan on dieting until I hit my ultimate goal weight and stick with healthy lifestyle choices. I feel like I am in between my heaviest to my ultimate goal weight. I also feel that it is pointless to buy casual clothes (which I barely wear) to just end up replacing them because I lost moar fat and got leaner. Thank goodness for pants with drawstrings.

The mainstream advice is to buy a new wardrobe for every ten pounds of weight loss. Well, I guess buy new clothes each season then.

I decided against buying new summer scrubs because summer is nearly over, and what if I were to drop to a size small by April of next year. Got to keep uniform advantage in business after all. I am for sure buying new winter scrubs. Larges fit me like a potato sack.

I have an internship interview coming up, and none of my nice clothes fit me. I bought a men's small polo shirt on amazon, and it fits me perfectly.

I have not lost a shoe size because I have the body of an M&M man with thin extremities and a fat midsection.

People complain about how the dryer shrinks clothes. I have concluded that that is a lie. I am shrinking but not my clothes. People are getting fatter and use the dryer as a scapegoat as to why their clothes do not fit.

The BCD that I have my eye on may be highly adjustable, but let’s face it I would have to size down by December. I am very close to being in between sizes. The size small does not have enough buoyancy for cold water. I plan on getting a back inflate size in a small, so that it can be used in both warm and cold water.
Hey attentionwhore. Good job on the weight loss. Keep it up.

Dollar Store Sentai

kiwifarms.net
Didn't see this thread before, so I guess it's time to log my weight loss progress.

Fat guy story: Spoiler for those who don't care:Back when I was younger, I fucked up my knee in the military. This eventually lead to me being discharged. It was never fixed, but being young, dumb and invincible I just ignored the minor tinges of pain. Cut to 20 years later: Put on more weight and my joints start hurting, with my knee almost becoming unbearable to be on for longer than a few hours at a time. Cut to 2020: Covid shuts down everything, puts me in a pretty deep depression, can barely walk from my bed to the computer some days. Gain another 200 lbs. Finally found a doc who took me seriously about my leg pain, killed the nerves in my knee, got put on anti-depressants and a weight loss plan. Take Phentermine and Topimax to kill my appetite and started walking.

Starting Weight: 420 lbs
3 Month weigh in: 365 lbs
Goal Weight: 250 lbs
Calorie intake: ~1000/day
Exercise: Walking, minimum 2 miles every other day. Try for 4, but depends on weather/heat.
Personal Best: 5 miles.

Notes: Considering a bike and riding in the forestry out near where I live. Should be a lot easier on my joints and work more of my body.

Lemmingwise

Female gamers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. No. I'm sure it's fine advice for people who get government cheese and don't take care of those on government cheese. I'm going until my clothing is completely unwearable.
I think it's nice to have one outfit that fits well for every stage. It can be a nice reward for continued progress too. And a sure way to immediately notice if you're sliding back.

This is purely academic and not rooted in experience though. I've got 99 problems but weight ain't one.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
I think it's nice to have one outfit that fits well for every stage. It can be a nice reward for continued progress too. And a sure way to immediately notice if you're sliding back.

This is purely academic and not rooted in experience though. I've got 99 problems but weight ain't one.
Personally I have t-shirts that I can wear when I size down, but pants are bloody expensive....

Mister Mint

More like Area 69
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. No. I'm sure it's fine advice for people who get government cheese and don't take care of those on government cheese. I'm going until my clothing is completely unwearable.
Yeah, I lost 40 pounds and found that getting a few new shirts and new pants was good enough. I still had more to lose so it was enough to throw it on, remind myself I'm making progress and keep me motivated.

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
down 17lb since April

have hit a plateau recently. I am just going to leave off broth for the next week bc frankly I am sick of being fucking fat and fasting has never bothered me in the past

The Great Pancake

⋆ Lurking since 2017 ⋆
kiwifarms.net
Hi! I've been trying to work on my weight since June but I haven't been doing too well. I gained 15, 20 pounds when I started university since all you could do was eat out (my dorm had no kitchen). I lost 10 so far and I'm trying to get down to 128 pounds. I am currently at 140ish pounds standing at 5'0". I mainly drank water, made a massive potato, onion, and cheese omelet every morning, ate a potato for every dinner, do cardio everyday, made a lot of smoothies made of greek yogurt, blueberries, bananas, and milk, and had the occasional cup of tea but I've fallen out of practice for the month of June. Any advice?

Pond Scum

Disgusting!
kiwifarms.net
Hi! I've been trying to work on my weight since June but I haven't been doing too well. I gained 15, 20 pounds when I started university since all you could do was eat out (my dorm had no kitchen). I lost 10 so far and I'm trying to get down to 128 pounds. I am currently at 140ish pounds standing at 5'0". I mainly drank water, made a massive potato, onion, and cheese omelet every morning, ate a potato for every dinner, do cardio everyday, made a lot of smoothies made of greek yogurt, blueberries, bananas, and milk, and had the occasional cup of tea but I've fallen out of practice for the month of June. Any advice?
Smoothies with bananas and milk, though nutritious, can be a huge calorie bomb, especially considering the rest of your diet. Your diet appears to consist largely of whole and nutritious foods, which is good, but you need to be eating less to lose any weight. You can't cardio away large amounts of cheese and bananas.
Also, it seems like you're not getting enough protein.

The Great Pancake

⋆ Lurking since 2017 ⋆
kiwifarms.net
Smoothies with bananas and milk, though nutritious, can be a huge calorie bomb, especially considering the rest of your diet. Your diet appears to consist largely of whole and nutritious foods, which is good, but you need to be eating less to lose any weight. You can't cardio away large amounts of cheese and bananas.
Also, it seems like you're not getting enough protein.
Yeah, unfortunately the most I have right now are eggs as I can buy 60 for $5 at Wal-Mart. When I get the money to go grocery shopping again I intend to buy more things as I'm running quite low right now. Again, for the month of July I kinda fell out of rhythm because of some personal stuff, and, since my pantry is low on groceries, I was wondering what exactly to get.

Raisin Boy

I was told I am like this because of early trauma.
kiwifarms.net
I'm down from 278 to 200 as of this week. I started in January. I intend to go down about twenty more, which should only take a couple more months.

Y'all got this. Just teach yourself that it's as easy as it really is. I didn't even do anything fancy, just watched what I ate and rode a bicycle. Been a fat fuck for most of my life, so if I can do this shit, you can too.

Catman from cat town

kiwifarms.net
I started counting my calories after I started weighing myself in the morning. I’m trying to not tell people I know irl besides my roommate. I 100% agree with not telling people what you’re doing until it’s done otherwise you will fail at it.

lurk_moar

Certified Lab Tech and Fatphobe
kiwifarms.net
Down to 136!

When it comes to my new wardrobe, I bought new workout clothes. They fit me, and I love them so much. Up next new scrubs.

My bust went from 44 to 39 inches at the widest. Likewise, my band size went from 40 to 34. My waist was like 38 or 39 and now a 32. My hips were 48 and now a 41. It is hard to find a nice wetsuit because my bust is too big. I am still holding off on buying at least two 3mm wetsuits.

What I noticed about my fitness is that when I was an out-of-shape fat fuck, ten minutes on the elliptical was hell, but now in better shape doing 50 minutes on the elliptical is not a problem. It was very hard at first to ride my stationary bike ten miles, but now I did 19 miles last night with no problem either. When I first started treadmill walking, my times were awful, but now my times have improved greatly. I walk on a treadmill for fun.

Ugandan discussions

kiwifarms.net
As some others have said, smoothies often aren't great. In contrast to others, I'd suggest you're probably having more protein (cheese, eggs, yoghurt, milk) than you need, poor quality carbs, barely any veg (potato doesn't count) and nowhere near enough fiber.

Add more variety to your diet - fruit and vegetables, some nuts and seeds, and some complex carbs (whole grain such as oats, wholemeal pasta, brown rice, etc).

Also stop the daily cardio. It isn't particularly helpful, and you're quite possibly doing more harm than good if you aren't letting your body rest properly. Drop it to 3-4 quality sessions a week, add in some resistance work (ie weights) on a couple of those days, and while keeping active give yourself one or two days of rest/recovery. If you're desperate to feel you're doing something, try yoga, pilates or similar.

EnemyStand

kiwifarms.net
Time for another monthly update, oh yeah!

So I weighted myself on Monday, having dropped from 349 pounds and change to 343 pounds. Sounds good, right? Well, to be honest it COULD have been lower, but the last two weeks of July my work schedule got changed around to extended shifts and it messed with my work out routine. Which wouldn't have been a huge deal if I didn't completely fuck my diet in the process. Anyway, got back in the saddle on Monday with the calorie counting and exercise and I'm glad I didn't make it to the 21 days needed for the old habits to become normalized again. I beat myself up for it already, and I'm trying to look at it as losing six pounds instead of gaining two. I guess everyone messes up at some point, all you can do is resolve to get back to it the next day then follow through.