• ”Very quickly my Pokemon catching dreams were obliterated by the unfortunate reality that exist for a Black Man in America. I realized that if I keep playing this game, it could literally kill me.”
  1. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

Disaster Weird news, interesting clickbait, fluff pieces and other smaller stories

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CatParty, Aug 26, 2015.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

?

What should the prefix to this thread be?

1. World

56 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Science

6 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. Culture

53 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Disaster

150 vote(s)
    56.6%
  1. What? Kids need a reason to skip school now? Probably the lamest reason to skip school ever.

Skipping school to do drugs and have sex behind the campus dumpster is a better reason than this.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem The One True Incel

kiwifarms.is
  2. Yea I'm not going to be giving up my guns because a bunch of kids who still giggle when they hear the word "boobies" said guns are bad. Kids are fucking stupid and react emotionally, which is why we don't let them vote.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  3. A lot of these kids are going to hate their parents someday, when all this virtue signaling and attention whoring fails to translate into a meaningful career. The rest will probably rebel and become gun toting neocons.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  4. Your last sentence could describe half the country at least. That's why we have Electoral College.

Growing up in a household with strict views of sorts always seems to backfire. Marilyn Manson grew up in a religious household and look at what happened to him. His case is hardly unique, same can happen with politics.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem The One True Incel

kiwifarms.is
  5. Kids are emotional, so it's not a terrible idea to let them vent a little like this. But leading them to believe that this is going to accomplish anything beyond making them feel slightly better in the moment is irresponsible. Yes, by all means, let your voices be heard, but realize that our system isn't run by protest, nor should it be.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Some JERK

Some JERK Takin' all the pretty girls.

kiwifarms.is
  6. They're sick of worrying about getting shot at school. I don't expect teenagers to have a great solution ready but I don't blame them for trying. They are forced to attend school and are right to complain about safety problems.

• Dumb Dumb x 12
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    sperginity

sperginity crescent fresh

kiwifarms.is
  7. Kids will be kids, and school sucks. I doubt most of them skipping give a fuck about the agenda message, rather the fact it's a day off.

With predictions about the majority of Generation Z, the first of which are in college and basically telling liberal professors to go fuck themselves, I'm not too worried.

• Agree Agree x 7
    CWCchange

CWCchange ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ

kiwifarms.is
  8. This is dumb.
    Everyone knows kids fucking love guns

• Agree Agree x 9
    Alpha Loves You

Alpha Loves You Today is a good day for Justice
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. So elementary kids actually dying in a school shooting didn't get Americans to disarm, but kids vaguely marching around will do it?

This is purely about the midterms, I am pretty sure.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    frozenrunner

frozenrunner I could really use the salt

kiwifarms.is
  10. True, but the issue is that the adults are forcing them into the walkout as well.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Wallace

Wallace Cram it in me, baby!

kiwifarms.is
  11. Let the kids do what they will. These are weird, dangerous times and their environment could turn into a warzone the moment any attention-starved lunatic decides it’s time. Adults who use their problems to further political agendas deserve to be shot though.

• Like Like x 6
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of chainsaws
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  12. I bet you 90% of the people skipping are doing it so they can sit at home and play some more video games on the Xbox or hang out instead.

A nearby school had some fundraiser style event and you'd get to take a day off if you participated, and you could choose any day. Every kid took it the day the new Call of Duty came out and few kids showed up to class.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • DRINK DRINK x 3
    CIA Nigger

CIA Nigger Herding the impotent docile herd of nigger cattle.
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  13. To be fair that’s a much better deal than getting shot at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Testaclese Maximus

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  14. Teachers are probably telling kids (specifically those that were "victims") to shut up if they're pro-gun.

• Feels Feels x 8
    Apoth42

Apoth42 Verified Degenerate

kiwifarms.is
  15. Not to mention their TEACHERS' exceptional political agenda.

Remember when people of all political stripes were in the teaching profession? Yeah, me neither. It's like they're all NDP/Green now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Koby_Fish

Koby_Fish The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  16. It seems like that but it’s probably more like Hollywood where the ones who don’t tow the narrative line have to keep quiet or lie about it to protect their careers.

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Testaclese Maximus

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  17. Just fucking make it a regular school day with regular consequences for skipping, or I'll adopt a kid and demand that he get some time off to go to a protest demanding that America become the 4th Reich.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Splendid Meat Sticks

Splendid Meat Sticks Idiot Idiot Savant
    True & Honest Fan Lolcow TV Captain

kiwifarms.is
  18. Lol boobies :like:

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  19. Maybe 50 kids a year die in school shootings, they're more likely to die of a heart attack in gym class.

If the media wouldn't be autisticly screeching 24/7 about MILLIONS OF CHILDREN DIE EVERY DAY FROM AK-15s in an effort to fearmonger for ad revenue and push (((their))) policy, maybe they wouldn't be so scared.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.is
  20. It would make sense for teens. Kids though have zero idea of what's going on.

• Feels Feels x 2
    The Great Chandler

The Great Chandler "Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.