What are you reading right now? -

Maskull

Ousted from Argo
kiwifarms.net
"They Can Live in the Desert but Nowhere Else - A History of the Armenian Genocide" by Ronald Grigor Suny.

I just started it today.
Franz Werfel's Forty Days of Musa Dagh is historical novel topical to your current interest. I recommend title too as it is excellent piece of literature.

Reactions: FitBitch

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Was it a dive in quality, an unsatisfactory ending, or were they always bad?
For me it was the fact that midway through the series I realized I didn't like any of the characters. I didn't care what happened to any of them. All the women were unlikeable bitches, and the men were insane. I felt like I was having to force myself to keep reading, and just got tired of it.

Some people really like it though, so YMMV.

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net

Pretty good shit. Really fast paced. One of those books that seems to have influenced so much cyberpunk-esque sci-fi that it almost seems generic, but I like it. I haven't finished it yet. But I like the "Zionist" who are apparently a bunch of Rastafarian Black Israelites(?) who are chill and listen to dub(step) as their hymns and smoke weed, maybe the really Black Israelites could learn a thing or two.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I had no less than three copies of this Ace paperback version of Neuromancer and they were all stolen from me by "friends" who borrowed them and never gave them back. Fuckers.

Fun fact: William Gibson wrote it on a 1927 manual typewriter, a Hermes 2000.

Autocrat

Not your strawman
kiwifarms.net
I'm about to start The Time Wanderers (pdf here).
Apparently it inspired some the lore for Death Stranding. Regardless, it should be good. I'm a big fan of human transcendence and super powered beings. These superpowered beings are called "Ludens" in Time Wanderers.

Notice the writing on the top of the mask:

Bravefart

kiwifarms.net
Seven Blades in Black by Sam Sykes. If you liked the First Law trilogy, Kings of the Wyld or The Black Company series you might find something there.
And the lead character is called Sal the Cacophony.

Also got up to date with the Eric Carter series by Stephen Blackmoore. It's urban fantasy but with a few twists. The closest I can think to it is Sandman Slim.

Both recommends if you are looking for some fast paced escapism.

Reactions: Pineapple Fox

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Marvelous Land of Oz, by L. Frank Baum. I actually didn't know there were subsequent Oz books until our thread on the weird Wogglebug fetishist. She makes him out to be a creepy pedo roach-man, but canon Woggle-Bug is actually great. He's an asshole who pisses everyone off with terrible puns.
It's just nice to indulge in fun whimsical fantasy from time to time, I might read the rest of the Oz books at some point. (Though there's like, 14 of them and the book stack by my bed is already getting too tall!)

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
Vietnam: An epic tragedy by Max Hastings ( I finished it maybe 20 mins ago).
Hands down, one of the best books about the Vietnam war. So goddamn good.

TungstenCarbide

kiwifarms.net
I'm currently re-reading the Bartimaeus trilogy, by Johnathan Stroud. It's basically the anti-Harry Potter, because it takes place in a UK where wizards have all the political power and non-wizards (the Commoners) are second-class citizens. Also, wizards have zero magical powers, they just learned to enslave powerful magical creatures, the jinns, who do the dirty work for them. The main characters are the young, talented wizard Nathaniel (broody, ambitious, kind of a jerk) and his jinn companion Bartimaeus (friendly, witty and spirited). Nathaniel wants to rise to the top and work for the government, while a resistance group made of Commoners tries to destroy the system.

Pineapple Fox

For conversations sake
kiwifarms.net
Yesterday I finished, The Minds of Billy Milligan - " a non-fiction novel portraying Billy Milligan, the first person in U.S. history acquitted of a major crime by pleading multiple-personality disorder."

I really enjoyed it after reading another much darker book about MPs, this one definitely hit me in the feels at the end.

Bootylicious Bootyhole

A guy who just wants to watch the world burn
kiwifarms.net
Having caught up on the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime, I decided to go back and read the Manga.

Found a Google drive with every volume of all 7 complete, translated, and fully colorized parts and have been reading daily. So far I am halfway through Part 2

Surf and TERF

kiwifarms.net
My local library lets me download free audiobooks! This was never a thing in my old town, but it's awesome because I do a lot of hands-on work that allows me to listen to whatever I want.

In this past month I've read Calypso, Theft by Finding, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk, Barrel Fever and Convenience Store Woman.

I'm also working my way through Personal Finance for Dummies but it's going slow since it's not as interesting.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino