What Have You Cooked Recently? -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
burgers
cheapish walmart generic shit mostly, did the frozen patties very low and slow because I also threw in a few checkers-style frozen fries, after everything thaws throttle up, on an onion bun with deluxe cheesefood slices, relish, a bit of mayo, sririacha mustard, bit of sourkraut
pretty good
edit for further experimentation - seems that doing the burger at a normal pace is enough to heat up five or six freezer fries in the same pan, so the idea of variations on the Checker's Fry Lovers Burger is a very active project

Last edited:

MerriedxReldnahc

World's Okay-est Proctologist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A big ass coffee flavored cake for Father's Day.
20200621_192812.jpg
I've made it once before and had the frosting seperate and look like Fancy Feast. Last time I was short on powdered sugar and so I assumed that was the problem. This time the frosting seperated on me after I added in the coffee and cream, but since the recipe tells you to use instant coffee crystals I think maybe it was an excess of liquid or even the acidity. That could have been the problem last time too. I was able to fix the frosting though and you can see it looks nothing like cat food this time! :lol: My complaint is that even with the proper amount of powdered sugar it isn't very sweet is almost overwhelmingly buttery. The cake itself was really moist and tasty, I think frosting is one of those things that I can justify being lazy and buying a can.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
costco generic brats
did them in the oven in my lidded cruset casserole dish, dumped out the remainder of the jar of kraut, brats on top of that, took the lid off partway through
good stuff
the brats were nice enough, not bad but not really as great as I expect out of Kirkland

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Another cast iron skillet pan pizza. This time I did a full hand knead on the dough before refrigerating it and left it for four days before even using the first of it. Turned out about perfect with sausage, pepperoni and mushroom. Better than anything available nearby and I'll have four for the cost of one. Finally got the thicker crust perfect. Now I have mastered both thin and thick.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I made an extra meaty homemade chili with 2lbs ground pork/beef mix, smoky bacon, and smoked turkey sausage (no beans). For breakfast i'm gonna reheat the chili and crack some eggs in it.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cooked part of the standard Saturday morning breakfast - fried some eggs. Also have a banana, some cherries, a piece of pastry and milk. Fry eggs several times a week. Can do all sorts of cooking if there's a recipe. Took cooking classes in high school. Figured I needed to learn how to feed myself. Free eats during school, too.

A piece of advice for those who are afraid to cook - please. If you can read a recipe and can measure ingredients you can cook just about anything. Heck, breadmakers do it all for you , just pour in liquids and ingredients. Pay attention to recipes found on food products or from food companies. These companies employ people to develop and test recipes, so they don't want to foist off a shit recipe on you. If you like the recipe the companies hope you'll buy more of their product.

You need not take recipes as gospel at all times. Mother gave me a recipe for cherry pie years ago. Very good. When I deleted the additional sugar it was even better. And should your creation not look like the example in the recipe, don't sweat it. Just eat it - ketchup can work wonders at times. The people who take those pictures have a bunch of techniques to make that food look as good as possible.

In my opinion, believe there has never been a better time than today to cook. Widest choice of foods ever. Foods have to meet sanitary and quality standards. Widest choice of cooking utensils and machines ever. Widest variety of cooking styles and techniques ever. No pun intended, but far as cooking goes the world is one's oyster.

An Ghost

Of foreskins past
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Baked (well microwaved but they came out really good) potatoes with keilbasa, butter, gruyere cheese, and softened leeks and cabbage. It was worlds better than bacon, cheddar, and chives.
And roasted lemon chicken that thanks to pure luck came put perfectly moist. Even the left overs a few days later were still juicy.

Cooked part of the standard Saturday morning breakfast - fried some eggs. Also have a banana, some cherries, a piece of pastry and milk. Fry eggs several times a week. Can do all sorts of cooking if there's a recipe. Took cooking classes in high school. Figured I needed to learn how to feed myself. Free eats during school, too.

A piece of advice for those who are afraid to cook - please. If you can read a recipe and can measure ingredients you can cook just about anything. Heck, breadmakers do it all for you , just pour in liquids and ingredients. Pay attention to recipes found on food products or from food companies. These companies employ people to develop and test recipes, so they don't want to foist off a shit recipe on you. If you like the recipe the companies hope you'll buy more of their product.

You need not take recipes as gospel at all times. Mother gave me a recipe for cherry pie years ago. Very good. When I deleted the additional sugar it was even better. And should your creation not look like the example in the recipe, don't sweat it. Just eat it - ketchup can work wonders at times. The people who take those pictures have a bunch of techniques to make that food look as good as possible.

In my opinion, believe there has never been a better time than today to cook. Widest choice of foods ever. Foods have to meet sanitary and quality standards. Widest choice of cooking utensils and machines ever. Widest variety of cooking styles and techniques ever. No pun intended, but far as cooking goes the world is one's oyster.
By far the worst place to get recipes is allrecipes dot com because they just let any asshole post whatever. Luckily there are comments where people with half a brain can warn you.
Actual cooking blogs, despite their cringy stories about picky kids or using left overs, are a good place but find a particular author or site you enjoy. Somebody with similar taste to yours. Screen cap the recipes and save them in one place on your phone so you dont have to scroll though all their bull.
All my favorite recipes have come from cook books because of course. Go to your local book store (when they reopen) and just take photos of the pages. Im not gonna buy an entire book when i wont use half the recipes, and half of the book is also cringy stories and photos anyway.

Karl_der_Grosse

John Doe #2, Federal Defendant
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm making meatloaf and new potatoes for dinner tonight. Ground beef, celery, onions, seasoned bread crumbs and an egg, topped with tomato sauce. I cut up the new potatoes and oven-roast them with a little olive oil and some fresh rosemary. It's an easy meal to make and the kids don't complain about it.

Haram Exercise

Some assembly required
kiwifarms.net
I made Yakisoba. Took a trip to the Asian Grocery store for fun.
It's thin cut pork belly, carrot, Bok choy, Scallion, green onion, and fresh soba noodles.
The sauce is simple: worcestershire, Oyster sauce, water.

Attachments

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I opened up the rest of those costco brats, dumped the meat into a pan with a chopped onion, some jarred mild peppers, and a can of mushrooms and some salt, cooked it for a while, mashed up a pack of ramen noodles and threw that in with some jalapeno powder
not bad

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Made Marcus Wareing's custard tart with nutmeg. I have never seen a huge tart disappear as quickly as this one did between 4 people. Highly recommend it. Was nowhere near as pretty as his, but it was delicious.

Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox
Tags
None