• ”if nigge.rs was available we'd totally be nigge.rs tomorrow and nobody would have any say in it”
  1. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

What kiddie channels did you watch growing up?Blue's Clues > Dora the Explorer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by SeaPancake, Feb 23, 2018.

?

Channels you watched:

1. Noggin (Later rechristened as Nick Jr.)

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  2. Toon Disney (and all its derivatives)

24 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Nickelodeon

55 vote(s)
    67.9%
  4. Cartoon Network

50 vote(s)
    61.7%
  5. Kids' WB

26 vote(s)
    32.1%
  6. some foreign shit Americans don't know about

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  7. PBS Kids

28 vote(s)
    34.6%
  8. Other N. American station I forgot [Comment pl0x]

14 vote(s)
    17.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rin Tin Tin.
    Lassie
    hop along cassidy
    Lone ranger
    Big Valley
    buck rodgers
    Little house on the praririe.

Uncensored looney tunes:

• Winner Winner x 2
    Piss Clam

Piss Clam Squeeze me.

kiwifarms.is
  2. My cable company was a little more interesting, as we had one of those "dual-line" services were the channels were fed from two wires going into a switch box or converter before going to the TV set. For most of the 80's, Nickelodeon was on channel 5A, while MTV was 5B. I remember often switching over to MTV a lot that way. Nobody knew! Of course the real problem with such a set-up was that programming a VCR wasn't the most compatible thing on the planet given you coudn't program for a channel on opposite sides at once. They gave up on this thing by the end of the 90's.
    BCSCh8611.jpg

Classics!

I will say though, tt can be difficult for anyone to see the appeal in something like this, but I loved it...

That was my teenage years when these were big.

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  3. I watched Nickelodeon back when it used the splat logo.

• Winner Winner x 4
    ToroidalBoat

ToroidalBoat Token Hispanic Wacky Delly Friend
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. The only GOOD Nickelodeon in my book (though for me, that would be 1984-92, but I also like pre-84 as well).

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  5. What did you think of SNICK (with the big orange couch)?

• Like Like x 1
    ToroidalBoat

ToroidalBoat Token Hispanic Wacky Delly Friend
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. It was cool, used to watch Roundhouse and Ren & Stimpy when it was there.

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  7. I thought Animaniacs was on NBC first? I could swear I remember an episode where they were being attacked by foxes (Fox network) and hiding from peacocks (NBC).

neverendingmidi

neverendingmidi it just goes on and on and on and on...

kiwifarms.is
  8. I am 99.9% sure it was on Fox first. They even made a couple of jokes referencing the Fox censors.

• Agree Agree x 3
    BrunoMattei

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. All this discussion of childhood TV nostalgia makes me want to watch some old episodes of Digimon and Sailor Moon for old time's sake.

I know Digimon is on Hulu, and I'll try to see if anyone has uploaded any episodes of the campy 90's dub of Sailor Moon to YouTube for that extra mile down memory lane.

Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li Bad Cardcaptors Fan Art

kiwifarms.is
  10. :autism: incoming!

I won't mention Russian channels with Soviet cartoons, since no one has ever heard of them outside the former USSR.

Back in my very early childhood, we didn't have satellite TV, but I've already heard about Cartoon Network because I had a VHS tape full of cartoons recorded from a European version of CN (Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes). French CN actually used to show old American cartoons in the early 2000s along with the usual lineup, as I recall.

I used to watch French and later on Polish CN and Boomerang (with an English language track, as they had two audio versions available). CN was my favourite kids channel, Boomerang was good as well, because it had Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, other WB titles and some really obscure things like this... when they weren't airing boring Hanna-Barbera shit like Gogi Bear.

I remember a lot of classic CN stuff, including the stuff they used to show in Toonami like Justice League. Out of them, Ed, Edd & Eddy was my favourite. It didn't age well, though - I tried watching some episodes last year out of nostalgia, but cringed all the way through.
    But this series did!

It was and still is my favourite cartoon by Genndy Tartakovsky. Dexter's Laboratory was largely meh and Samurai Jack looked like a bad acid trip (sorry, guys), but the 2003 Clone Wars were the shit. I only caught the first few episodes when it premiered; I couldn't watch the rest and there were no reruns, but it still impressed me greatly. I remember constantly trying to redraw the designs of clone troopers (very poorly), because they looked absolutely badass.

I could go on and on and on about the stuff I used to watch. Many years later I watched CN again out of curiosity and tried to watch Adventure Time, because a few people on Tumblr were constantly hyping it up. I didn't like it, along with the rest of modern CN's shows. I'm probably too old for these kind of shows now.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Guardian G.I.

Guardian G.I. СНГ scum

kiwifarms.is
  11. What about Nu, Pogodi? That one's a classic!

kiwifarms.is
  12. I doubt many have ever heard about "Nu, Pogodi" outside the (former) USSR, except for Russian emigrants and a bunch of Sovietophiles. :c

• Agree Agree x 1
    Guardian G.I.

Guardian G.I. СНГ scum

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.