Whitney Way Thore - Our Big Fat Fabulous Thread

R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
Join us Wednesdays at 6pm EST to watch streams of Whitney and My 600lbs Life and live time comment about how fat and annoying af they are.

Instagram
No Body Shame Campaign
Facebook

Morbidly obese Whitney Way Thore shot to viral fame several years ago with a video that maybe contained about two minutes worth of dancing in it. Whitney, riding the wave of fat acceptance, body positivity and Health at Every Size (HAES), was able to turn her fifteen minutes of fame into a career with her own TV show: My Big Fat Fabulous Life.

The premise of the show is Whitney telling the same cameras that constantly capture her binge eating, crying and lazing about on the couch how happy and brave she is and that it's a misconception people are fat because they consume more calories than they burn. If recreational rage or schadenfreuden are pastimes of yours you'll probably delight in Whitney's self made train wreck of a life in which everything is everyone else's fault and never her own.

My favorite highlights:

-when was when she kept "inexplicably" gaining weight despite supposedly following her trainers instructions to the T and he caught her red handed and dumped her for wasting his time

-after spending years crowing that fat people can do anything, she becomes paralyzed in pain and squeals like a pig for several minutes when she's unable to stand upright in skis (http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/my-big-fat-fabulous-life/videos/whitney-goes-skiing/)

-she tried dancing for longer than a minute or two at a time and nearly died (http://people.com/tv/whitney-way-thore-my-big-fat-fabulous-life-star-rushed-to-hospital/)

She's apparently pregnant now, not that anyone can tell by looking.

edit: I've started a discussion about My 600lbs life in media for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
Seriously? How the fuck did she get pregnant?
HAHAH! This is a good question, so I went to see if I could find an answer and it turns out she was never pregnant, just really, really, really fat. The link includes a video of them doing a sonogram and the doctor being like "uuuhh... yeah... about that."

Whitney Way Thore on Her False Pregnancy: ‘I Thought I Was Pregnant…It Felt Like a Loss’
When three at-home pregnancy tests all had positive results, Whitney Way Thore was shocked, nervous, and as someone with polycystic ovarian syndrome, thrilled that she could actually become pregnant. Which made finding out that they were all false positives — and that she wasn’t actually pregnant — difficult to take in.

“I started thinking that maybe this was meant to be, because I’ve always been worried that I wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. So that’s what made it all the more traumatic,” Thore, 32, tells PEOPLE. “Even though the doctor said that I was never pregnant, I thought that I was. So to find out that I wasn’t, after a week of thinking that I was, it felt like a loss, and I grieved it like a loss.”

After two episodes of believing that she was in fact pregnant, and informing her ex-boyfriend, Lenny, that he would be a father, the truth was finally revealed on Tuesday’s episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life.

“The worst part is, that happened back in August, so I’ve had a lot of time to sit with it and get over it. But when the episodes started airing, so many people in my real life and on the internet were congratulating me,” Thore says. “I felt so awful, and especially for the women who said to me, ‘I have PCOS, and you gave me hope that I can get pregnant.’ The last thing I want to do is diminish hope for women with PCOS who want to get pregnant.”

Dorsia.Reservation

Dorsia's Dixie Stampede & Plantation Wedding Venue
kiwifarms.net
Slight :powerlevel:

People with PCOS can indeed get pregnant but guess what makes it harder/very unlikely... Being 500 fucking pounds!

Keeping your weight under control vastly improves your life with PCOS.
I hate how it is used by so many women as an excuse to be like this cow here.

ADHD

セックスキッテン
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The episode where she went on a horseback riding date and kissed a girl was almost painful to watch.

It was possibly the best kiss she'd ever had, and they would totally be willing to date each other, except for the part where they'd have to make it a long distance relationship, so it was just a lot of hype about nothing. :story:

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
FWIW, /r/fatlogic is obsessed with this broad. That link probably picks up most of her videos, which are actually all over the place. Some on the YouTube channels for People, Cosmopolitan,TedX, local TV stations, etc., some on People.com, with some sort of proprietary streaming software. They got most of 'em, with long commentary threads in the finest Reddit passive-aggressive tradition.

I suppose I could do link vomit beyond that, but in finest Whitney Thore fashion I'm too fat and lazy.

FatFuckingClown

*pins you to the ground and force-feeds you crack*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMG_2768.JPG

R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
The episode where she went on a horseback riding date and kissed a girl was almost painful to watch.

Did they seriously let Whitney ride a horse? That seems like animal abuse. I think she's over the weight limit for anything that isn't a clysdale and even that she seems too fat for.

FWIW, /r/fatlogic is obsessed with this broad.

Fatlogic and FPS were some of my favorites years ago but got cucked hard after FPH was nuked. I wandered over after a years absence and words like "obeast" we're bannable offenses and suddenly it was a bunch of small fats snubbing their noses as people a shade higher in BMI.

multiverse

Made Misty Michelle Henry Rage Quit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@entropyseekswork omg we should do a live watching party for the episodes.

This fat bitch. I can't with her. I hold a special place of hate for PCOS fatties. PCOS is a hormonal disorder that causes you to MAYBE burn 25-50 calories less per day than the average person due to insulin resistance. However, the fats - including Whitney- whale endlessly how PCOS made them fat and that it's just utterly impossible to lose weight when you have it.

Truth time! Fatties eat themselves into having PCOS, not the other way around. Body fat functions as a hormone excreting endocrine organ, and when you have a bunch of it, it floods your body with extra estrogen, giving you PCOS. Losing a mere 10% of your excess weight will alleviate, or CURE, your PCOS if you're a fatty. Normal people don't have this luxury, and fats like Whitney would rather pop metformin and say it's not their fault than get better.

R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
@multiverse that's a pretty good idea. It would be a metric Whitney ton of fun to live time rip into her delusions. I remember watching a clip in which she confronted a comedian for the crime of making a fat joke, I'll find it later, and the comedian astutely pointed out for someone so self assured and confident they sure do spend a lot of time crying.

I have an acquaintance with PCOS who's petite and fit af and an avid hater of those who use it as an excuse for their crippling food addiction.

multiverse

Made Misty Michelle Henry Rage Quit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have an acquaintance with PCOS who's petite and fit af and an avid hater of those who use it as an excuse for their crippling food addiction.
Is she me? ;)

Yeah, it's infuriating to have the HAES crowd take over the dialog about PCOS, much in the same way mtf trannys take over the dialog about the female experience. PCOS can affect your life a lot for some people, but for most of us it's just background noise: you have really, really bad pain sometimes from the cysts, it can be difficult to get pregnant, and you have to stay on nonstop hormonal birth control to manage the symptoms- but none of that makes you gain 100+ un-losable pounds.

Whitney making PCOS her "thing" is the epitome of a fat blaming anything but themselves for their current state (it's either that or their self diagnosed thyroid problems - or the dreaded "genetics" and incurable "big bones").

ADHD

セックスキッテン
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Did they seriously let Whitney ride a horse? That seems like animal abuse. I think she's over the weight limit for anything that isn't a clysdale and even that she seems too fat for.
As far as I could tell, she was honest about her weight as per her most recent weigh-in at her trainer, and the employee assured her that the horse could safely carry her. I assume it must have been safe, or else TLC would risk a shit storm over it, since the "date" was most likely conceived and scripted by the people in charge of the show.

kaiwaii

kiwifarms.net
@entropyseekswork omg we should do a live watching party for the episodes.

This fat bitch. I can't with her. I hold a special place of hate for PCOS fatties. PCOS is a hormonal disorder that causes you to MAYBE burn 25-50 calories less per day than the average person due to insulin resistance. However, the fats - including Whitney- whale endlessly how PCOS made them fat and that it's just utterly impossible to lose weight when you have it.

Truth time! Fatties eat themselves into having PCOS, not the other way around. Body fat functions as a hormone excreting endocrine organ, and when you have a bunch of it, it floods your body with extra estrogen, giving you PCOS. Losing a mere 10% of your excess weight will alleviate, or CURE, your PCOS if you're a fatty. Normal people don't have this luxury, and fats like Whitney would rather pop metformin and say it's not their fault than get better.

They are more carb sensitive than the average person, I'll give them that excuse. Low carb diets of course stabilize insulin and remit PCOS symptoms but that's not something most of the are willing to do. "too hard".

With Whitney I have watched her show in the past, she lost 70 pounds with her trainer years back with the common sense food habits I just mentioned above and exercise but she gained it all back.