Whitney Way Thore - Our Big Fat Fabulous Thread

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Sorry to say, that is false. To adopt a child that is apart of DCFS they are even more strict.

I don't know if this holds true everywhere, at least not to the extent you mention. There's a total wreck of a person (Emily McCombs, formerly of the now-defunct garbage website xoJane) who was able to adopt "for free" through fostering in Brooklyn. She's a recovering alcoholic, drug addict, sex addict, and compulsive shopper with tons of debt who shared her fucked-up life on the Internet before and during the process. And she co-adopted her son and has joint custody with an ex-boyfriend.

ans1a

kiwifarms.net
I simply was referring to the fact being fat won't disqualify you from the foster system. I know fat people who adopted kids out of foster care. Did they have to go through the bullshit you described? Yes. Were they told "Fuck off, fatty?" No.

tl;dr if a fat person just wants to give a loving home to a kid in need, foster care won't disqualify them based on being a fatty alone

Emphasis on kids. Whitney wants a nice, shiny newborn baby, not a child with baggage and (most likely) psychological issues! A 7-year-old with FAS, ADHD, or an insane heroin-addicted bio mom who wants her precious baby back (he fell in the dumpster by accident, she SWEARS), would interfere with... whatever it is Whitney does.

Whitney has much the same attitude toward losing weight. She wants a skinny body now, with no calorie restriction, or she wants men to spontaneously rewire their brains to find her lard I mean curves attractive. Because Patriarchy, or something.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't that big of a deal.

Her mom was married and divorced prior to marrying Whitney's father.

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for plot devices this season. There is nothing interesting about Whitney so creating a show around her and coming up with a fake “interesting” life for her is very challenging

Botched Tit Job

Rachet & Sad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for plot devices this season. There is nothing interesting about Whitney so creating a show around her and coming up with a fake “interesting” life for her is very challenging

Too true. Like the whole 'Buddy kissed me for too long! Even though it was clearly an awkward mistake, what could it mean?' plot of E1.

It's fascinating that she's so boring they can't even manufacture interesting drama.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This show needs a Dr. Now as some sort of straight man that isn't buying any of Whitney's shit.
They had that with the personal trainer, but after he discovered her not following through on her diet plan, he had to “fire” her. He was one of the few people on the show that didn’t give into her excuses (as often)

They had that with the personal trainer, but after he discovered her not following through on her diet plan, he had to “fire” her. He was one of the few people on the show that didn’t give into her excuses (as often)
This is the clip from the show where her personal trainer says he can no longer work with her. He calls her out for not sticking to a diet plan, when he sees how much junk food is in her car. Whitney cries and throws herself a pity party.

FitBitch

A housewife!
kiwifarms.net
I thought the whole idea was she was supposed to be fabulous; but maybe... just maybe there's nothing fabulous about being 400+ pounds
:thinking:

Francis Dollarhyde

And the woman, clothed in the sun.
kiwifarms.net
I thought the whole idea was she was supposed to be fabulous; but maybe... just maybe there's nothing fabulous about being 400+ pounds
:thinking:

She is not fabulous, but she does need to be fat. "My big fat fab life." Her trainer should have known she will never lose the weight because it is not in her own interest. If she does, deathfats the world over will make her the bad guy and send nasty messages en masse and there might be a temporary spike in views but then what? No more show, her legs are fucked and so no more dancing, she can not dance like other thin people with functioning legs, what does she have left then? She is fat and that is her thing, she has to stick to it if she wants what fame she has.

FitBitch

A housewife!
kiwifarms.net
She is not fabulous, but she does need to be fat. "My big fat fab life." Her trainer should have known she will never lose the weight because it is not in her own interest. If she does, deathfats the world over will make her the bad guy and send nasty messages en masse and there might be a temporary spike in views but then what? No more show, her legs are fucked and so no more dancing, she can not dance like other thin people with functioning legs, what does she have left then? She is fat and that is her thing, she has to stick to it if she wants what fame she has.
Fame isn't worth it.

Francis Dollarhyde

And the woman, clothed in the sun.
kiwifarms.net
Fame isn't worth it.
We can agree on that one. But I sincerely believe Witless thinks otherwise.

Look at mulher Fruta Pão. Gets some fame for being fat, uses said fame to get some money, uses money to lose the weight, now what? No more fame, money stops rolling in. Look at Rosie Mercado. Gets humongous, gets plussize modeling jobs, gets a wakeup call, uses money to lose weight, massive amount of death threats, now has less money from normal modeling jobs and is no longer "that courageous plussize model".

Witless is dumb but not that dumb, she wants the gravytrain to keep rolling.

Dutch Courage

Curious Onlooker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is the clip from the show where her personal trainer says he can no longer work with her. He calls her out for not sticking to a diet plan, when he sees how much junk food is in her car. Whitney cries and throws herself a pity party.

This was one of the greatest moments on an otherwise obnoxious show. I love the moment when she tearfully hollers "I'm starving!" That is the crux of everything there, the key to the fatty universe. Orphans in the Congo are starving. Whitney has a pigsty of nachos, cookies, Starbucks, chips, and all other manner of garbage wrappers on the floor. It is the only time on the show when she was smacked down for being such a glutton. I agree, the show would be better if there was a constant figure who held her feet to the fire.

The show is all fat and zero fabulous...

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This was one of the greatest moments on an otherwise obnoxious show. I love the moment when she tearfully hollers "I'm starving!" That is the crux of everything there, the key to the fatty universe. Orphans in the Congo are starving. Whitney has a pigsty of nachos, cookies, Starbucks, chips, and all other manner of garbage wrappers on the floor. It is the only time on the show when she was smacked down for being such a glutton. I agree, the show would be better if there was a constant figure who held her feet to the fire.

The show is all fat and zero fabulous...

We only get glimpses into the how the super mordibly obese eat: like this one from Whitney, the Hello Fresh and cake from Chantal and the "I'm not even hungry" while eating 3 huge pieces of pizza AL video.

Imagine: they eat like this almost every. single. day. They are broken addicts wallowing in pity and addiction and I agree with most here that there is something repulsive about it to most observers. Or maybe morbid curiosity.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Nah, she’d be way more famous now if she lost the weight. The fab fat girl schtick has grown painfully stale and they are out of ideas to keep the show interesting. Whitney actually losing weight now would reinvigorate her career like nothing else could. It’s probably the only thing that could save the show at this point.

The great irony is now if she wants to keep her TV show or have an audience beyond niche HAES fatties she must lose weight. If she dropped 100 lbs she’d be a guest on every talk show getting ass pats and probably be selling a book on weight loss.

So weight loss is the only remaining avenue to keep her career and would make her far more famous and successful. So does Whitney love fame or food more? All indicators point to food. She’s chosen food over her health, her love life and now she can chose it over her career and fame.

A career built on fat will die by fat. I can only imagine how much fatter she will get once she loses her show and attention fix. Only way to fill that void is with more food.