Why A&H is shitty - Just a little theory

Is A&H bad because of censorship on other sites?

• Yes

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Kill yourself, faggot

Votes: 117 76.5%

• Total voters

Xarpho

Only looks like he's angry
kiwifarms.net
One of the things that separates A&H from other boards is that not only moderators aren't actually posting there (which creates an extremely intimidating environment) but also won't remove posts that are "problematic". While not to the ResetEra extreme, even at 4chan you'll find posts that accuse other posts of being "/pol/ posts" because they said something less than flattering about women or minorities. That's very different from claiming that black people are subhuman or that everything wrong with the world ties back in with the Trump's Chosen People somehow. Meanwhile, consistent problem users from A&H like Corbin Dallas Multipass have been banned before.

Every time someone brings up why A&H is bad (and with the exception of Null, always post-2016 users), they don't go exactly how or why it's bad and how it can be improved. Is it "politics and IRL shit bum me out" or "reeeeee why is it not left-of-center like my other sites"?

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of the things that separates A&H from other boards is that not only moderators aren't actually posting there (which creates an extremely intimidating environment) but also won't remove posts that are "problematic". While not to the ResetEra extreme, even at 4chan you'll find posts that accuse other posts of being "/pol/ posts" because they said something less than flattering about women or minorities. That's very different from claiming that black people are subhuman or that everything wrong with the world ties back in with the Trump's Chosen People somehow. Meanwhile, consistent problem users from A&H like Corbin Dallas Multipass have been banned before.

Every time someone brings up why A&H is bad (and with the exception of Null, always post-2016 users), they don't go exactly how or why it's bad and how it can be improved. Is it "politics and IRL shit bum me out" or "reeeeee why is it not left-of-center like my other sites"?
I have had an idea on how to curb it but I don't like the concept of it being put into action (not that I assume it would) nor do I think it would make the board more fun. Just cause less butt hurt. I'll throw on a spoiler at the end of this but let me re state again I don't want to see this happen nor do I like the idea.

Frankly I peek at A&H sometimes for two reasons one it's the lulz, and second a lot of non PC news comes there, be it just fucking gross stuff like a woman jamming a pineapple in her cooter or stuff the MSM hides. Often you get some cool debate or memes. But not always in the mood for it.

Like I mentioned before why does A&H have to cater to anyone here? This is a site to laugh at shit, if you want to laugh at the news A&H is fine for that with a smattering of info. It's just so strange people want the site to change to me. I know nothing of anime and shit so I just don't go to the weeb boards. I don't spaz at null to teach me cowboy bebop so I can be the best poster over at WW.

No wit only replies, humor is fine but jokes only are no go. While Null has the no shit post single word etc expand on it since a lot of posts are fishing for likes, things we all feel fleshed out etc. I mean for example, in a thread about an attempt to say register firearms, there's only so many ways you can say fuck off muh 2nd etc. Now I strongly agree with that, but half the replies are suck a dick ATF worded differently. So mods might need to prune "copy" replies (causing like fishers to get super butt hurt causing it's own humor) greatly adding to the tasks of mods already.

For the 3rd time, this idea is awful but it would probably curb a lot of the boo hooing that we should just savor

Ebonic Tutor

"Beware the shitposting of demons."
kiwifarms.net
Or make any effort to prove their claims about how it's such a cesspool and if they do the post has been neg-rated to hell and back.

You see the same tactics used in other places to control the conversation as well.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That would also be a massive pain in the ass to enforce and that sort of heavy-handed moderation is what killed the Salt Mines in like a week. To an extent I'll already prune stuff like that if it looks like it's getting out of hand, but generally speaking I hate excessive moderation and I only think it's appropriate to step in if it's descended into a three page long slap fight that has fuck-all to do with whatever the original topic was.

Even then, if it's an actual conversation and not just blind slap-fighting, I'll just rope the replies together and shove them into Deep Thoughts rather than delete them entirely. If people want to vent out a conversation, forcing that conversation to go away just ensures that it'll crop up somewhere else. I'd much rather they do it in a dedicated thread rather than spreading it out all over the damn place.

That's also why I tend to never lock threads down unless it's necro-posting in some thread that's years old and the person added no new information. I fucking hated that threads in the Salt Mine got locked while the topic was still ongoing. It felt like such a ridiculously artificial way to try and force people into new threads when it was clear that people still wanted to talk about this thread.

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The total amount of threads in Weeb Wars is 56 with a staggering 8480 +752 from (Lolcow & Lolcow LLP) Pages of posts totaling to 184,640 individual messages from mostly new users from early 2019 when Weeb Wars started and this is within less then a year total. This shit surpasses the DSP section which has been on this site since 2016. So Where do you think the problem is?
95% of those posts are something along the lines of 'Jamie Marquee bad' or 'lol Jennifer Lynn Hunt looks like a man'.
A&H manages to have better comments sections than anywhere else online because it just needs to not be a deluge of the same "Orange Man Bad/Good" posts you see everywhere else.
Certainly there are plenty of people posting at Breitbart comment section levels of stupidity, but you can just ignore them.

• Agree
Reactions: JoshPlz

Ebonic Tutor

kiwifarms.net
No, I still do not understand why moderating A&H stressed people out. Nothing about this seems difficult or frustrating.
Some people get really annoyed when they see opinions that are not their own, then can't actually defend their different opinions.

So the result is either lock down the wrongthink or walk away.

You do a good job with it from what I can tell HK. :feels:

MoveOn/Shareblue mad they can't control this like they can reddit.

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I cruise many of the forums here, but probably spend more time in A&H than anywhere else. Why? I stopped reading (cancelled) my local morning newspaper because it became absolute liberal trash with no room for any conservative stories. I don't watch much TV and media news ain't a whole lot better these days. I've always been a newspaper guy, my whole life, so it was difficult to just abandon it. A&H fills that gap, but in a much better way than I expected. Stories are presented from around the world and response to them is all over the place, so it's not a hugbox of like opinion, which I find both valuable and entertaining. I simply ignore "da Joooz!" and the "nigga-nigga" posts. Shit posters gonna shit post here, there, wherever and it's not like scrolling right on by those posts wastes my life away.

I absolutely enjoy some of the A&H content. BONE-buddy's military threads are ALWAYS a great read and foster excellent discussions, not shitposts. It's HK-47 political knowledge and posts are more solid than any so called "journalist" out there these days and always worth a read. Cat Party? A troll for some of the more perverse content anywhere, but often quite insightful to the shit that goes on in the real world.

Look, I'm not trying to asspat anybody, just making a point that there ARE some really good posters and excellent content and knowledge to be found in A&H. IMHO, some of the best on the web if you value a variety of opinion and not just the corporate media schilling of today's topics. I like the way that topics get thoroughly dissected like a frog in Jr. High science class, each part carefully scrutinized and discussed.

Please don't change it. Embrace it for what it is.

Ebonic Tutor

kiwifarms.net
The mod-sucking on here is more exceptional than A&H.

And is three bull's-worth of shit. A lot of the times if someone expresses discontent and can actually stand their ground he or she gets thread-banned through mass reporting or the mere fact that the thread-dwellers, in their crowning act of autism, will start focusing on the dissident's character rather than the point that this outlier conveys. When the latter happens you either a.) Thread-ban the fucker because he (and not the thread's nominal topic) becomes the center of attention (even if he or she had no conscious intent of being the center of attention) or b.) Thread ban the fucker because you cave in to an audience's autism.
Examples? Cause most the time I've seen anybody banned from a thread on A&H it's cause they shit up the whole thread and didn't actually do anything other than beat up strawmen arguments and move goalposts.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The mod-sucking on here is more exceptional than A&H.

And is three bull's-worth of shit. A lot of the times if someone expresses discontent and can actually stand their ground he or she gets thread-banned through mass reporting or the mere fact that the thread-dwellers, in their crowning act of autism, will start focusing on the dissident's character rather than the point that this outlier conveys. When the latter happens you either a.) Thread-ban the fucker because he (and not the thread's nominal topic) becomes the center of attention (even if he or she had no conscious intent of being the center of attention) or b.) Thread ban the fucker because you cave in to an audience's autism.
A&H gets literally no "mass reporting." 95% of the time it's a single report and on the rare occasion that it's 2 or 3 reports for the same post, it's because it's a double post or a reaction image. I've only ever see 3-person reports for a single post maybe a handful of times since I started supervising A&H, and it was never an "I don't like this person's opinion" report. Usually the 3-person reports are for threads that have already been posted somewhere else, and I don't think I've ever seen one with 4 or 5 even a single time, but I've definitely never seen anything above 5.

We do see reports of the "This person's opinion is dumb" variety once in great while, and I do mean very rarely, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that they're almost always rejected. Unless it's descended into a slap fight that's derailing the entire thread, whoever comes in to respond to the report almost always hits the reject button.

However, if you're talking about your threadban from the Greta thread, that happened because you wouldn't stop posting stuff like the things I'm including in the attached images, so you got threadbanned for a week. That ban's expired so you're more than welcome to go back and post there now, but posts like that generally serve no purpose whatsoever other than attempting to derail a thread. That's not exclusive to A&H either, if you went into any thread on the board dedicated to poking fun at a person and started insulting the userbase and chucking reaction images, you'd probably get permanently banned from the thread, rather than temporarily.

Attachments

Last edited:

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
I’m a bit worried about my fellow Kiwis who only post their love for Israel ironically.
Why don’t you actually love the country?
Don't approve of ethnostates, don't like that it has dual-nationality citizens throughout the US government representing its interests over the government they were elected to, don't like that one of the most armed to the teeth and wealthiest per person countries in the world demands vast amounts of defence subsidies from the USA, don't like that they were forcing contraceptives on Ethiopian women sometimes lying to them about what they were actually being given, don't like misrepresentation of history and bad science for political purposes (the myth that Trump's Chosen people are somehow the same people as ancient Trump's Chosen People who first settled in the region), don't like how the Israeli government and its supporters misrepresent every criticism of them as anti-semitism and by doing so produce genuine anti-semitism that ordinary non-Israeli Trump's Chosen People living outside of Israel then have to deal with.

I think that's a good start.

crocodilian

K. K. K. Rool
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it bait? Is it sincere? Is the person too exceptional to know the difference? I gave up trying to figure that shit out many years ago. It's pointless.
It might be inconceivably insane to you, but some people genuinely despise Trump's Chosen People (among other races) and believe they're over-represented in the upper echelons of society. Some of those insane people can even have articulate discussions about it, providing data to support their arguments, occasionally to the degree that it actually manages to convince people and provokes moderators to drop the banhammer.

Exigent Circumcisions

rectile malfunction.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's the odd occasion where I post an opinion that doesn't jibe with the usual zeitgeist in A&H and barring a few negrates (if that) it usually turns into an alright conversation or nothing at all comes of it.Maybe it's because I'm in there all the time or maybe it's because I got my hand slapped for slapfighting and know better but it's never a big deal.

Eta: just last night I replied to another A&H regular's over-serious post about that black chick causing a scene at UVA to ask him why he can't just lolcalmdown and have some fun instead of seething over leftists and niggas all the time. Other A&H regulars responded positively, said user made a weak joke in reply, I rated him feels and we all got on with our lives. This isn't a hard thing to figure out. It didn't devolve into a pile-on or a slapfight and everything proceeded as usual after that.

Last edited:
Tags
None