Why are women drawn to gossip?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

$5.3 Million Dollars

Hiding from Rapey Russ
kiwifarms.net
If I remember right one theory is that because they evolved more around communication, it became a trait. Being physically weaker they'd benefit from being alerted to a potential danger within a group. There's also more insidious potential reasons like being a way to oust someone from the protection of the group (society) without physical confrontation.
The real question is why are the gays drawn to gossip? Haven't seen any papers on that.

BlackWaterSails

kiwifarms.net
Women tend to have a more "secret sharing" conversation style while men tend to try and one up each other. Women are more emotional, so being more open and honest with them usually gets a better reaction. Ironically, if I'm using that word correctly, that same emotional angle is why rumors and gossip tends to be more of a feminine trait. Since women like hearing positive things about their friends and loved ones, the opposite usually goes for strangers and enemies. Females are more prone to gossip because it is simply the other half of how they already talk to one another.

I hope that makes sense, it's pretty late and I get a bit fuzzy brained at this time.

Uberpenguin

Flightless Bird Agriculturalist
kiwifarms.net
Women tend to have a more "secret sharing" conversation style while men tend to try and one up each other. Women are more emotional, so being more open and honest with them usually gets a better reaction. Ironically, if I'm using that word correctly, that same emotional angle is why rumors and gossip tends to be more of a feminine trait. Since women like hearing positive things about their friends and loved ones, the opposite usually goes for strangers and enemies. Females are more prone to gossip because it is simply the other half of how they already talk to one another.

I hope that makes sense, it's pretty late and I get a bit fuzzy brained at this time.
IT MAKES NO SENSE FUZZY BRAINED-NESS ISN'T ALLOWED ON KF ONLY SHARP WITTY AND CLEVER POSTS ARE ALLOWED. (You're fine kiwifriend)

Anyways, being more open and honest with them is nonsense. They want you to be more open and honest so long as whatever you think or say is overwhelmingly positive, if you level any kind of constructive criticism, make any attempt at humor that involves deprecation, even mutual deprecation, they hate it. They're so eaten alive by social insecurity; as a man you can give each other shit because who cares what you say, you know based upon actions that you're comrades who benefit from having each other around. If a man thinks his friend looks stupid in a given outfit he's going to say "That looks sorta dumb dude", since even though it's a little more aggressive at first it'll be better in the long run. Meanwhile women will tell their friend their outfit looks great then let them look like an idiot all night since potential direct confrontation is too much for them.

Then they'll go to their other friends and talk about how their other friend looked like a fat idiot all night omg can you believe it? That way they get some social credit out of their friend looking like an idiot; a man would get it from his buddy realizing he has his best interests at heart, women get it from trying to look superior in front of their social circle.

Hell, if anyone is a chick they'd get weird about me saying this no matter how well meaning I assure anyone it is. It's just so fucking intolerable.

Does this mean lolcow forums are for the weak?
Tom already has to have a pfp of whoever this unfortunate looking individual is, do we need two of them?

0Chance

kiwifarms.net
If I remember right one theory is that because they evolved more around communication, it became a trait. Being physically weaker they'd benefit from being alerted to a potential danger within a group. There's also more insidious potential reasons like being a way to oust someone from the protection of the group (society) without physical confrontation.
The real question is why are the gays drawn to gossip? Haven't seen any papers on that.

Jordan Peterson mentioned, Women are generally trending towards being interested in people. Men generally are more interested in things.

Epic Fail Man

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tom already has to have a pfp of whoever this unfortunate looking individual is, do we need two of them?
Everyone should. There are plenty of pictures to choose from.

Attachments

• dude.jpg
    dude.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5980.jpg
    IMG_5980.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 5
  • chin.png
    chin.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 5
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png