Why can't white people eat spicy food? -

wildautism

kiwifarms.net
Europeans never got used to huge amounts of spice because they didn't eat low quality meat. When you have almost rotting meat and no way to preserve or prolong the life of it (i.e. hunter gathering) you have to eat things which don't taste very good. The solution to that is covering them in a mask of strong flavors. When you spit roast a pig or you cook a joint of beef for a Sunday roast you don't need to mask the flavor, it tastes great the way it is. The natural fats and roasting need very little to really pop, and you can get the extra flavor from making a gravy out of those meat juices. You can get this all year round when you have invented farming and have a choice when to butcher animals or use cured animal products.

If Europeans wanted to change the taste of things they used herbs which can enhance the flavor without smothering it out of existence and they're still used today. People who think European cooking is bland often discount all the best parts of European cooking because they consider it "multinational", Christmas/Thanks giving dinner are both European in origin and you would be hard pressed to find a better meal on the planet. Kings used to have feasts filling entire halls with chimera animals sowed together to show off how insanely rich they were. Crazy amounts of time and effort went into these feasts and today we forget all of this because of the industrial revolution. When Europe was taken over by industry as we know it today all the cooking had to change to be fast and easy to cook. There wasn't time and most the women moved away and never got all the family recipes as their mothers and grandmothers had. Which utterly ravished the traditional British food knowledge. And very few people are willing to investigate it and put the effort into adopting older recipes.

Good quality food tastes best when prepared well and with little addition. Bad quality food needs leaving in a bucket of spices, sugar and fats so you can't taste it any more.

SchlauFuchs

Fox guarding the henhouse
kiwifarms.net
Speaking as a Brit, unhealthily spicy curries are a way of life here. Most white guys I know are perfectly able to stomach spice although I do have one Carolina Reaper sauce that did make one of my friends spectacularly sick.
Yes, because Indian immigrants brought it there.

• Agree
Reactions: cowisnow

SchlauFuchs

Fox guarding the henhouse
kiwifarms.net
Europeans never got used to huge amounts of spice because they didn't eat low quality meat. When you have almost rotting meat and no way to preserve or prolong the life of it (i.e. hunter gathering) you have to eat things which don't taste very good. The solution to that is covering them in a mask of strong flavors. When you spit roast a pig or you cook a joint of beef for a Sunday roast you don't need to mask the flavor, it tastes great the way it is. The natural fats and roasting need very little to really pop, and you can get the extra flavor from making a gravy out of those meat juices. You can get this all year round when you have invented farming and have a choice when to butcher animals or use cured animal products.

If Europeans wanted to change the taste of things they used herbs which can enhance the flavor without smothering it out of existence and they're still used today. People who think European cooking is bland often discount all the best parts of European cooking because they consider it "multinational", Christmas/Thanks giving dinner are both European in origin and you would be hard pressed to find a better meal on the planet. Kings used to have feasts filling entire halls with chimera animals sowed together to show off how insanely rich they were. Crazy amounts of time and effort went into these feasts and today we forget all of this because of the industrial revolution. When Europe was taken over by industry as we know it today all the cooking had to change to be fast and easy to cook. There wasn't time and most the women moved away and never got all the family recipes as their mothers and grandmothers had. Which utterly ravished the traditional British food knowledge. And very few people are willing to investigate it and put the effort into adopting older recipes.

Good quality food tastes best when prepared well and with little addition. Bad quality food needs leaving in a bucket of spices, sugar and fats so you can't taste it any more.
What low quality meat are you talking about? Where?

The Vinyl Solution

adolph hipster was already taken
kiwifarms.net
I came here to laugh at OP. OP, I am fucking ghostly white and make my own hot sauce out of the hottest peppers I can find, and I sell it to almost exclusively white people; not because I'm a RAYSHIST, but because their the only race of people around that can afford it. Maybe, just maybe, your shitty watered down vinegar sauces and plebian cayenne spices are all you have available to you because its only what your communal peers can afford.

PantsOfDesire

Celebrating you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, nothing beats a carvery. Just a single slice of beef, cooked right, is a collection of textures and flavours in of itself.

a quick note on flavour versus hotness mentioned earlier. People not used to very hot spices won’t easily taste the flavours of it. Acclimating to the hotness is where you can appreciate the flavours as opposed to being preoccupied by your lungs no longer working.

• Agree
Reactions: cowisnow and a feel

a feel

Guns don't kill people, troons kill people.
kiwifarms.net
Places like Africa and India are mostly known for their use of spices in cooking.
you may be a wild autism but you know your food history. It's pretty fascinating to cook those old recipes as they were back then (many monasteries still have a somewhat extensive collection) and realize how different they were, and why.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I ordered some chicken tendies at a slav mexican place and she asked spicy and I nodded emphatically which resulted in her bringing the hottest shit I've ever had. I just clumsily dipped my tendy in there and tore it off and chewed and ate it. Before I even realized what was happening I had tears pouring down my face and I was hiccuping. She was amused.

JoyQ

kiwifarms.net
I ordered some chicken tendies at a slav mexican place and she asked spicy and I nodded emphatically which resulted in her bringing the hottest shit I've ever had. I just clumsily dipped my tendy in there and tore it off and chewed and ate it. Before I even realized what was happening I had tears pouring down my face and I was hiccuping. She was amused.
We want to hear less about how it went in and more about how it came out

dreamworks face

Model bugman
kiwifarms.net
I like hotter food than most - tabasco sauce and sriracha sauce don't even register as hot to me, and I'll dump haberano sauce in my soup for flavor. Unfortunately, I guess I just give off that real bad-ass "can handle super spicy food" vibe because there have been two occasions where I definitely wish someone would've given my the white boy treatment.

a) I ordered the 5/5 spicy at a local Laotian place once, and it was so hot I started crying and it was physically painful to eat the whole meal. I order the 4 at that place now.

b) There was a bar that offered a hero wings challenge - they would make the motherfucking hottest wings they possibly could, and if you could get through 12 of them, the wings would be free and they'd put a picture of you in the back of the bar (otherwise you'd have to pay twenty five bucks). I thought I was a bad-ass because of my previous experiments with haberano sauce, and I think I was trying to impress some girl or something, so I decided to go for this.

Two wings in, my mouth burned with a pain I'd never felt before or since. I started crying, my nose wouldn't stop running - I soldiered through. By wing number four, I was physically unable to chew anymore or even consider another wing, so I went to the bathroom (giving up on the contest). I must've gotten some of the wing sauce on my hand, because when I went to take a piss, my dick felt the worst pain I'd felt before or since, and it easily took me about 30 minutes to a half and hour to get myself together to the point where I could go back in the bar, pay for my food, and get the fuck home.

I called out of work sick the next day. Holy shit did those wings hurt just as much on the way out as they did to eat initially, my asshole was crying. I was under the impression that people who didn't like spicy food were just pussies before then, but some places will definitely serve you food that no one who hasn't been training their guts for years on borderline poison can stomach.

Mediocre

kiwifarms.net
Tommy Tooter dispatched Mossad to spike your tendies with a specially engineered hot sauce that no man could possibly handle thus resulting in a certain death but a miracle occurred and Saint Terry said not today and booted up Temple OS for the 1st time since his passing and instructed God himself to spare the life of Null.

54656465.png

• Winner
Reactions: cowisnow

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Yes, because Indian immigrants brought it there.
Yes, yes they did, but how exactly is that relevant? Also if you want to be technical, most British 'curries' were actually developed to cater specifically for the British tastes and take advantage of available ingredients. Things like the Vindaloo and Faal are deliberately obnoxious because that's the selling point. Come eat this ridiculously spicy shit and prove how big your wee wee is!

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
Yes, yes they did, but how exactly is that relevant? Also if you want to be technical, most British 'curries' were actually developed to cater specifically for the British tastes and take advantage of available ingredients. Things like the Vindaloo and Faal are deliberately obnoxious because that's the selling point. Come eat this ridiculously spicy shit and prove how big your wee wee is!
Most British curries are just not that spicy. It tastes nice, but barring the Vindaloo/Faal, it's not hot. Only places I have been in Britain/Europe which were consistently "hot" (not blow out your ass hot, but hot and edible) were good Thai restaurants.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Most British curries are just not that spicy. It tastes nice, but barring the Vindaloo/Faal, it's not hot. Only places I have been in Britain/Europe which were consistently "hot" (not blow out your ass hot, but hot and edible) were good Thai restaurants.
Good curry really isn't that spicy to be fair. One of my local ppaces does amazing (and properly authentic) curries and they're never obnoxious. The obsession with spicy food and the ability to eat it is just dick waving. Like I said, I have a stock of barbaric hot sauces that you'd need mental problems to want to eat. I use minute quantities of them in cooking. I can 'handle' them, but it's not an experience I actively seek out for fun. Thai food tends to be pretty heavy on the chilli but again, that's just market wanking for idiotic Brit customers who don't think they've had a good meal if they can sit down within 48 hours.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net
Fun fact: because peppers and mustards have different chemical reactions, you can be highly resistant to capsaicin and still have hot mustard knock you on your ass.

As @wildautism notes, peppers are heavily used in African cooking to help with meat quality. I have it on the best authority that when a native African talks about 'beef', he does not necessarily mean 'cow meat' -- 'beef' is slang for any meat.

And people give hillbillies shit for possum stew. Sheesh!

Vrakks

Please... I go by Gold Diamond now.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't people use salt to deal with poor/rancid meat as well as for preservative purposes?

Raw Meat

kiwifarms.net
This thread reminds me of making some shitty 'fajitas' with a friend, nothing in them but meat, mild salsa and salad vegetables. Gave some to his mom and she made that open-mouthed expression, fanning her mouth with her hand, turns out the red bell peppers we added were much too spicy.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Apoth42

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net

Europeans actually had to deal with rotting food all the time. They still had to deal with the seasons and they still had to deal with ship travel and poverty.

European sailors ate salted meat, soups designed for stale bread and fermented products like sauerkraut. The rank-and-file soldiers and armies were given low quality and old meat as their rations most of the time in most armies.

They got pretty addicted to spice... kinda why those east-india companies did so well.. or why the Ottomans getting a spice monopoly was such a catastrophic event. If anything, your average European had more access to spice than your average Indian or Chinese peasant. Song, Ming and Qing China literally treated annual famines as normal.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino