Why do troons and TERFs fight over women's sportsball? -

Should we allow troons in women's sports?

• Total voters

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
It's the ultimate validation. Not only are you a woman, but you're so much of a woman that you beat several actual women in a competition that has "...and is a woman" as part of its official rules.

In other words, it's a big thing because it's one of the very few ways in which trans-women will ever be able to compete against biological women and win.

trent

kiwifarms.net
It completely trivialises women's sports is the problem. Now, some people might say women's sport is fairly shit anyway but I still feel bad for the women dedicating their lives to train to the pinnacle of their discipline only for some mediocre dude to come in and absolutely destroy them because of basic biology.

The fact that any of them that publicly state that they have an issue with it are immediately cancelled is also fucking mind-blowing. It like society is suffering from some sort of mass delusion.

Trapitalism

the final solution to the woman question
kiwifarms.net
It matters in the US because so many college scholarships - even for girls - are tied to high school sports performance. Call this the back side of Title IX.

You can compete fairly with any boy or troon on the academic front no problem, but the girls’ sports scholarships are now being gatekept by mediocre boys who “identify” as trans to compete but don’t even bother with the titty skittles. That’s not fair competition.
Wait, so in America, you need to be athletic to get a scholarship, even if you don't intend to play sport as a career? I guess Tyrone has to get a scholarship somehow.

Naturally

kiwifarms.net
Women's sports in the West right now is deluded enough even without trannies. See: Meghan Rapinoe screaming that the US Women's Soccer Team isn't paid the same as the men and how unfair that is, or the various blowups over the years when someone says that it's insulting to call some woman "the best female tennis player" because you should just say she's the best tennis player, period, despite all available evidence, and so on.

The entire existence of women's sports is due to gap between average male and female performance, which is the very thing outspoken female athletes pretend doesn't exist. Well, that and "dad really wanted a boy but he got daughters, so it's this or nothing".

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Who Wants a Body Massage?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1626624873197.png

This thread rn.

Plank

kiwifarms.net
That and a lot of trans people need to be validated constantly or be thrown into mental anguish. By saying "you have to compete with the men" it implies they aren't real women which devastates them.
And by 'validated constantly' it doesn't mean often, it means literally 100 percent of the time. They demand society bend the knee 100 percent with no exceptions to their mental illness and delusions.

And even worse is the fact that if you are some 200+ pound freak in a cheap wig with a five o'clock shadow and you see 110 pound real females there is rage and hatred of what you will never be. Trannies don't just want to invade real biological female spaces, they want to erase biological females from those spaces. Real biological females are like kryptonite to trannies.

Wargarbl

kiwifarms.net
It's the ultimate validation. Not only are you a woman, but you're so much of a woman that you beat several actual women in a competition that has "...and is a woman" as part of its official rules.

In other words, it's a big thing because it's one of the very few ways in which trans-women will ever be able to compete against biological women and win.

Unironically the autogynephile wet dream.

Wait, so in America, you need to be athletic to get a scholarship, even if you don't intend to play sport as a career? I guess Tyrone has to get a scholarship somehow.

No, but if you're a middling student and middling male athlete, it's a cheat code for free college money, as long as you have no dignity.

Imagine hating women so much that you're willing to mutilate and shame yourself in front of the whole world just for a flex.

Paging "Dr" "Rachel" McKinnon. Quite possibly the biggest woman-hating autogyno on the planet.

David Brown

kiwifarms.net
Letting troons into women's professional athletic competitions is a good. It will become less popular because normal people are grossed out by troons even if they won't admit it. Anything that will alienate and demoralize the typical normalfag consoomer sports cattle is good. Every televised sport should become so repulsive that nobody will watch it. Every sports network should go bankrupt. If you want to watch sports, go to a local game of people in your community playing it, or better yet, join a casual local sports team. Don't watch roided up mercenary mutts from around the world get paid millions of dollars to throw a ball around. Instead, play baseball with your neighbors. Play soccer with your kid's friend's parents.

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's stupid athletes don't need educations.
That's not really true. Athletes don't excel at academics when offered an education, yes, but college is less about academics than it is about networking and getting the social credentials to one day succeed in a career. Socially, athletes tend to do very well - better than non-athletes, certainly - so having athletes in college is a perfectly reasonable course of action.

If anything, given both the way colleges are now (over-priced, under-academic, increasingly policed by fanatics), and how cucked our corporate culture is (fitting in with HR is becoming far more important than being able to "do your job"), I'd say it's more stupid to give nerds an education these days than it is for athletes.

Divine right to rule

Per asperga ad astra
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty easy. Men are superior to women in sports. That's why women's sports were created. It is a good thing for men and women to be motivated to do, and being able to make a career out of that. It makes society as a whole healthier. Now, only few care about women's sport as a televised event, but the female athletes of any level, and their families and friends sure as hell do. And they are right to do so.
Now, in comes the MtF troon. Having gone through puberty as a male, having the muscles of a male and having the height of a male gives them extremely unfair advantages. A middling male athlete that troons out can beat the top female athletes, stripping them of glory and income, not to speak about the humiliation to train that hard only to be beaten by a freak or even worse, an opportunist.

This development will possibly lead to something really shitty, and that is the combination of women's and men's sports. Which in practice means the end of professional women's sports. This would be a huge blow for women, and it would have been completely unecessary.
It was absolutely fine to split the sports between genders, so both can compete against each other for self-improvement, recognition of excellence and healthy living.
The last wave of feminism might damage women far more than any evil patriarch could have done.

And I will be sad to see women's sport fail, either through forced acceptance of males or through fusion with men's sports.
It will never be an option for my daughters to become a successful athlete, and it is not because of the female athletes that came before, but the women in social studies, journalism and politics.

Dyn

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now, only few care about women's sport as a televised event, but the female athletes of any level, and their families and friends sure as hell do. And they are right to do so.
Professional sports are funded by their ability to entertain the masses, if you can't entertain anybody but your parents and their friends you're basically no better than a little league player and as the world's greatest male feminist I feel that we as a society should try to avoid treating grown assed women like they're eight year olds.

cummytummies

kiwifarms.net
College sports are just as big of a business as professional sports. The school doesn't give a shit what you do after you graduate, they make their bank in the 4 years you're "a student" (and thus ineligible to be paid).

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh is that why wammen need all the Affirmative Action bennies and Diversity Quotas :story:
I wouldn't know how it is in the US. All the scholarships etc I won were in open competition and blind marked, but if the aim of your scholarship is to inflate your institution's grades, you want to screen for those people who perform best in that particular exam environment. No one is at a disadvantage in that environment as long as they can hold a pencil, because it is a test of skill and knowledge which can both always be improved as opposed to a contest of size and strength, in which the inherent difference between biological sexes is almost impossible to overcome expect for extreme outliers.

No amount of preparation, training, will to win or any of the rest of that shit is going to let a 5'5 110 pound girl compete fairly in college wrestling against some 6'5 220 pound dude now going by the name of Celeste with a dash of lipstick above his five o'clock shadow. The natal girls are being required to compete on a "level playing field" that they can't possibly level. They are then being told - all the way up to professional and indeed Olympic competition - that it is an act of bigotry and hatred to point out that this is, bluntly, unfair.

Any AHL journeyman in a dress would look like Connor McDavid in the NWHL because he would have a size, speed and strength advantage that the female players could not meaningfully overcome regardless of skill level. The reason this doesn't happen is basic economics: the AHL pays pretty nicely and the NWHL pays like absolute shit. If for some reason, those positions would be reversed, the NWHL would be a troon league practically overnight. It does not make sense as a low skill male to compete against high skill males and get your ass handed to you 100% of the time if you can compete against high skill females and wipe out any skill deficit with a size and strength advantage. Size and strength will never not be an advantage in contact sports and indeed in many athletics disciplines too.

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
Legit, is there anyone who actually cares about women's sports, besides troons and terfs?
I do.
I like women's MMA (and other martial arts), gymnastics, crossfit, those ninja warrior competitions and a few more.
I don't just like the organized competitive aspect of women's athletics, I just love fit girls, I train with them a lot, they're great.

We're finally in an era where women (the ones who don't feel like being deathfats) are finally realizing that doing sports and eating healthy will make you look and feel better than make up and surgery.
Fit girls are "in".
I feel like troons overtaking women's sports will damage this progress we're making.
Less girls will be motivated to do sports because of troons.

Those are some of the reasons why I care.