Why has the woke/blm/antifa generation of the american left has failed to produced any meaningful or successful folk singers? -

Rome's rightful successor

Holy, Roman, and an Empire
kiwifarms.net
The American Left has a long tradition of folk artist musicians since nearly there beginning. Whether it be such artist such as Joe Hill, Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, or even Bob Dylan. Folk music has been a cornerstone of the American Left. But from a neutral perspective on this matter, I can't help but notice how there haven't been any major new young folk singers on the left today. Where are they? Why is this? It seems rather shocking that this is the case when you look at what has happen with the American Left in the past 10 years from Occupy Wall street to Georg Floyd.
Are there any actual current year examples of these?
Heck, I'm willing to take an example of a current year version of a Sheryl Crow or a Barbra Streisand.
Is this because of there changing attitudes toward rural America? Or white people and culture? Or the working class? Or maybe it's there attitude towards music has change? Anyway I want to hear what the good folks on the farms have to say on these matters.

Herr Flick

Powerful Gestapokin
kiwifarms.net
Because they are incapable of doing anything meaningful or successful, of course.

We know that if a Twitter leftist did manage to make a serious career out of folk music, they'd either be canceled on the spot by their own 'allies' for missing the moving goalposts, or else be required to sing about woke antiwhite/white guilt themes to be accepted, thereby cannibalizing yet another aspect of American culture.

That said, there are a few people that ostensibly match the definition of 'folk musician,' like this chick who does exactly what I said above.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Is this because of there changing attitudes toward rural America? Or white people and culture? Or the working class? Or maybe it's there attitude towards music has change?
This, probably unironically. The woketards I see tend to demonize folk and country music as being associated with working class rural Boomers. The young leftist activists types go gaga over socially-conscious Soundcloud rappers and manufactured feminist music like Beyonce, Cardi B, and Taylor Swift. You know, the irony with the latter artists being that they're millionaires whose songs are all written by men.

And the 2nd reason of course would be that playing an instrument and writing songs requires real talent, so at most the "original" woke musicians that aren't on Soundclound would be those cringe-worthy parody song channels who do Dr. Fauci singalongs.

Pope Negro Joe the XIIIth

AI Pope of Entropic Declesiastics/Ver. Çr⍟⨶Ⓢ✞pR༳∏ᄏ
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They have no talents and what they call a culture is a algamation of multiple decades and scenes within with no cultural slight grasp on why those things were.

They're fucking talentless. Look at the bands that are popular with these people, it's extremely derivative to the point of copyright suits or it's blatant reconstruction 90's era electronic with again, no fucking feeling because they weren't there.

The other problem is the rapid fluidity of changing in acceptable language and ideas which makes writing a generation defining song an especially difficult proposition. How do you define the generational thoughts of a bunch of lunatics who can't even stop fighting each other?

Tookie

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They've probably churned out some shitty mumble rappers on Soundcloud.

qu_rahn

kiwifarms.net
Since Dylan's name was dropped I must autistically chime in to point out that Dylan isn't a leftist. He was obviously for civil rights and w/e but he hated all the hippie flower power shit. He also never spoke out against the war in Vietnam, which infuriated folkfags to no end. Bob Dylan, late stage capitalist (and theist!)

If you happen to be a fan and have 40 minutes to waste I recommend listening to Bob's conversation/battle with commie lolcow journo AJ Weberman
He is most infamously known as the guy who would go through Dylan's trash. In the 60s Weberman obsessively studied Dylan lyrics and became convinced that imagery in the songs followed a discrete and consistent code. He wrote a Concordance so that a layperson could translate Dylan's lyrics to derive the true meaning of a song.

So great was Weberman's spergery that he still writes about Dylan 50 years after his face was bashed in by Bob for stalking the man's kids
Screenshot_20210706-233050_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

kiwifarms.net
Given the how the so-called "alt-right" and "far-right" are essentially a counterculture, it's more amazing how they've never made any good or memorable music other than shitty "fashwave" and "Skrewdriver but with /pol/ memes".
The ones that I can think of from the "alt-right or "Far right" is Paddy Tarleton, Mr.Bond and maybe Negative xp.

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
Since Dylan's name was dropped I must autistically chime in to point out that Dylan isn't a leftist.
Well, I mean, yeah, but he was a progressive and created music for the sake of encouraging change and whatnot. He's not as blatant and jarring as Rage Against the Machine and all, but you get the point. I think what @Rome's rightful successor is asking is why there aren't modern people like Dylan who create songs about modern social issues -- and instead we're stuck with Cardi B releasing a #1 hit song about wet pussy and considering it a feminist call to arms. The simple answers boil down to lack of talent, lack of skill, and the fact that music with guitars just don't sell anymore. Instead you need autotune and industry backing to make it big, and the ones that get big are simps for the DNC (e.g. Cardi B, Billie Eyelish, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and such). None of those aforementioned harpies can play a guitar, write their own music, nor sing without digital assistance*.

*Lady Gaga has classical music training AFIAK, so out of the whole bunch, she probably does have potential to create real music -- but instead every song she releases is just Madonna-esque dance garbage for fags, wine moms, and basic white girls.

Last edited:

kiwifarms.net
Why would you expect BLM/Antifa to write folk music in the first place? Even the name of the genre indicates that it's rooted in a particular cultural tradition. Do you think a bunch of inner-city blacks and upper-middle-class white anarchists grew up listening to old labor songs and Anglo-American ballads?
No, but I do expect a level of cultural continuity with the left. But, then again they do not respect there own history nor there predecessors.

Beautiful Border

kiwifarms.net
*Lady Gaga has classical music training AFIAK, so out of the whole bunch, she probably does have potential to create real music -- but instead every song she releases is just Madonna-esque dance garbage for fags, wine moms, and basic white girls.
Bad Romance and Poker Face were unironically good songs. That said, the fact they feel like masterpieces when compared to virtually all pop music released today shows you just how dire the state of the music industry really is.