why the beastie boys are the most influential Hip-Hop band of all time. -

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do)
    Okay, now attachments should be working and the site should be very fast. If not, report it.

IRC_man

Tryna Act like you didn't know, that im a juggalo.
kiwifarms.net
for those who don't know: im talking about these guys.

so as most of you may know, hip hop is a mainly black genre, with its roots in new York in the late 70s, it would slowly morph into one of the most popular and relevant music genres. but getting back to my main point, race has been a major question in hip hop for most of its existence, and is still a controversial topic today. the main tension was this: if a white rapper existed, would he be accepted? the original answer was no, mainly due to the fact that people didn't take hip hop seriously back then, so only groups of black MCs and DJs cared. that all changed with a band named The Young Aborigines. Originally The Young Aborigines, The Beastie Boys formed in 1981 when the Young Aborigines bassist Jeremy Shatan left New York City and the remaining members Michael Diamond, John Berry and Kate Schellenbach formed a new hardcore punk band with Adam Yauch called Beastie Boys. Their debut album, Licensed to Ill, became the first rap LP to top the Billboard album chart and is one of Columbia Records' fastest-selling debut records to date and was certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America in 2015 for shipping over ten million copies in the United States. They instantly cemented themselves as a top group, and along with other artists, formed a hip-hop boom period that lasted from the late 80s to the early 2000s. along with other notable white rappers, such as Eminem, early Kid Rock, and... *sigh* the Insane Clown Posse, these artist have inspired todays collective emergence of white rappers, from independent SoundCloud artists to commercially successful artists like post Malone. Now more than ever, the melanin has become less and less perceived in the hip hop community. Gentrification? maybe.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Race has ever only been a question to racially obsessed outsiders who don't possess the intelligence, creativity, grace and soul to adequately participate in any of the following:

If you'll notice, nearly every race is represented. The skills are off the charts. You may not consider this hip hop because you've been led to believe whater script is telling you 3 dtunk Jews getting pushed around by Jimmy Iovine is the most important thing to happen to a mysterious darkie culture you probably didn't consider anything but Hot 97 to be an arbiter of.

Speaking of race, why is your entire history of rappers tied from one honky to the next? They're not even GOOD honkies. You don't even mention Cage, who Eminem bit his whole style from! You don't mention Non Phixion or DJ Emerge. You're just parroting some garbage article written by someone who knows even less than you. ICP? Really? ICP and you make no mention of Necro, Everlast, Copywrite, RJD2, Premiere (doesn't count, he's a darkie, eh?) Grand Wizard Theodore, DJ Shadow, J5, Heiroglyphics, EPMD, DJ Qbert, D-Styles, Gaslamp Killer, DJ Honda, Onra, Yak Ballz, DJ Ant, Rhymesayers, Slice & Bobbito, Afrika Bambaata, Kool Herc, Coke LaRoc, Diamond Dee, Martha Cooper, Dondi, Crazy Legs, Fuzz One, Chino BYI, Kid Capri, Tony Touch, places like the Roxy, the Dynamic Breakers, Lady Pink, Roxanne Shantae, Black Sheep, Gravediggaz, Prince Paul, RZA, GZA, ODB, Blockhead, Tribe, J-Dilla, DJ swamp, Jedi Mind Tricks, Cut Chemist, Slug, DJ Screw, La Comitiva, WaveTwisters, Henry Chalfant, Rick Rubin, Melle Mel, Das Efx, MC Lyte, Latifah, Lex Luthor, DJ A-track, DJ Radar, Kid Koala

I think you get the picture. Or at least understand what yours is lacking.

Call me what you want for bringing these names to your attention. No amount of autist ratings is gonna fill in the gaps in your understanding, but study will.

BitchFromTheCraft

Adam Sandler body-pillow
kiwifarms.net
You don't even mention Cage, who Eminem bit his whole style from!
That 'style' was pretty commonly 'used' in the rap battle community. I'm not saying that Marshall 1000% NEVER EVER listened to Cage but you can't really just claim that he stole the entire sound from him considering Eminem's 'style' is modified for the context of the track. As a matter of fact I recall him switching styles pretty heavily in order to fit a stack of clever lines in during a feature at some point, it was much more old school if I remember correctly. Not to mention Eminem and Proof had similar styles (specifically compound syllable rhyme emphasis) back when they met for the first time. But I don't care enough about exceptional individuals rhyming about being idiots to use MULTIPLE wu-tang members to make someone seem like an ignorant asshole for being way to happy over the beastie-bergs.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Call me what you want for bringing these names to your attention.
lack of culture? first there was nothing, than there was falco, later there was the prinz, KIZ follwed soon. now we have Trailerpark, Retrogott and others.

anglos just lack the language to express themself...

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Recoil

Recoil

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I can. I can remember Cage championing the style and aesthetic before M was even a blip on the radar.

I used 3-4 wutang members in a list of twenty? should I list another 40 randos that paved the way for the acts you're told about on TV? should I get in King Tim 3 or Busy Bee? Should I get into Grand Master Flash & the clock theory? Should I talk about Pete Rock or Alchemist, defining that sound? How about Craig Mack, LL Cool J, Frosty Freeze, Min One, Cap, Seen, Reas, Futura or Revs? Maybe Buket & Gkae from the west coast, or Mike Giant and Saber? Should I stick to music and only mention people like Large Professor, King Tubby, Eric B, Dr. Dre, the DOC, The Flatbush zombies? More women POC's dominating the graf scene like Shiro, Muk and Indie? How about Mark the 45 King or French DJ champs Birdie Nam Nam?

Exceptional idividualism is what drives the true participants in that culture, and until you can speak that language in any one of four ways, you don't really much to say. You're a customer, not a creator, so you don't get to call shots on what's what. Graffiti is hard to read on purpose.

The history is known and widely accepted. I'd expect that the usual suspects would try and rewrite it soon enough.

• DRINK!
Reactions: J A N D E K

BitchFromTheCraft

Adam Sandler body-pillow
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I can. I can remember Cage championing the style and aesthetic before M was even a blip on the radar.

I used 3-4 wutang members in a list of twenty? should I list another 40 randos that paved the way for the acts you're told about on TV? should I get in King Tim 3 or Busy Bee? Should I get into Grand Master Flash & the clock theory?
Oh yes please do. I'd love to hear more about the genre that brought us Drake, Nikki, Hopsin, Prozak, fidddy tyson, DJ Kaled, Pitbull, Baked Alaska, 6IX9INE and fucking Inane Mime Posse from a very much non-pretentious old-head.

Also, why are you bringing up TV? lmao Are you serious?

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
The history is known and widely accepted. I'd expect that the usual suspects would try and rewrite it soon enough.
YOU are trying to rewrite it to make it more PC.. Nignogs making music about bitches in da ghetto is just so BORING...
You can make good rap musik and still have a message for normal people...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Recoil

Recoil

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a relevant, skilled DJ to you?

We just have different values.

BitchFromTheCraft

Adam Sandler body-pillow
kiwifarms.net
This is a relevant, skilled DJ to you?

We just have different values.
You are joking, right? lol You know for a FACT that I also listed Baked fucking Alaska and ICP. Quit playing dumb, nigga. Unless you really aren't that knowledgeable on the subject and you are the worlds greatest nostalgia-fag regurgitating shit you read on rap-genius. Nigga, you goofy asf.

Recoil

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't want argue with you.
Just... Enjoy the music you do, I'll stick the shit I like. There's no point.

Calling names is unnecessary.

BitchFromTheCraft

Adam Sandler body-pillow
kiwifarms.net
Calling names is unnecessary.
You tried to say I like DJ Kahled. That's worse than me calling you goofy or a nostalgia-fag. Stop playing dumb when you got caught out. Either accept that you missed the joke or admit that you pretended to miss the joke so you could back out.

Recoil

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its Boring, like a low efford black music club with alot of nignogs trying to get the mic...

meanwhile, germans make good hiphop about eating fastfood from the local grill...
German hip hop has always been stellar, those kids have underground bklyn stuff in their hands the next week. They breakdance, they paint, they're real. Shit that led to us getting Khaleds and All the rest was pushed by folks like Dre and Iovine. Iovine started with the beasties.
I think the real beauty is long lost.
I don't have any hard feelings, I just think it's a culture that got corrupted and should be preserved as it was.

You tried to say I like DJ Kahled. That's worse than me calling you goofy or a nostalgia-fag. Stop playing dumb when you got caught out. Either accept that you missed the joke or admit that you pretended to miss the joke so you could back out.
I totally missed the joke, because I don't find that funny.

Iovine & the beasties are what paved the way for shit like Khaled. It was a shift in values that I feel got worse over time.
I'm talking about shift in tone, you and your fefes are not my target.

Can we cease this shit now? I don't like the anger. I don't want to beef with you.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino