Words & Phrases DSP Has Invented or Misuses - DSP'isms that make you say "HUUUHN?!?"

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
I haven't really hurt it over my chill fun game and Phil wasn't loud enough, but LSB stated that Phil red the word "masochist" as
maso-tshist".
Maso-jist?
Maso-chist?
You know, like CH in the word "channel".

During Metal Gear Solid.
It's worse for me when he says 'masochistic', it sounds like he says 'mass o' cheese stick'.

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this counts as a DSPism but whenever he starts a "redemption run" of a game he's already streamed before, I've noticed he tries really hard to sound enthusiastic at the start but it comes off as really disingenuous.

This is most noticeable at the start of his Dark Souls 3 redemption stream where he's playing around with the controls while going "ohh, waow I forgot I could do that. Huuuhhhnnn." As if he's trying his absolute hardest to find anything positive to say or think about the game he's about to play.

Slimy Time

New Server: New Avatar
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this counts as a DSPism but whenever he starts a "redemption run" of a game he's already streamed before, I've noticed he tries really hard to sound enthusiastic at the start but it comes off as really disingenuous.

This is most noticeable at the start of his Dark Souls 3 redemption stream where he's playing around with the controls while going "ohh, waow I forgot I could do that. Huuuhhhnnn." As if he's trying his absolute hardest to find anything positive to say or think about the game he's about to play.
That's another word he misunderstands - redemption. To save or improve something. To dave, it's just redoing it again with nothing different.

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's another word he misunderstands - redemption. To save or improve something. To dave, it's just redoing it again with nothing different.

Brings back memories of the Demon's Souls "redemption run" where he conveniently forgot to do the one thing he played through the entire game to do.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
“Zyklone” B - despite supposedly being a valedictorian, Phil never learned the name of the gas used by the Nazis, and was thus confused by Nazi references when some dumbass tipped him with the name Zyklon B.
He had to look up "lebensraum" as well. His ignorance about such basic terminology just makes his infamous "Blip TV Dead Space Holocaust Humor" incident even more cringey.

BooneHelm

kiwifarms.net

Cistern Rumbler

Festering Vomitous Mass
kiwifarms.net
I was watching TIHYDP Pokemon Moon earlier and caught the part where he catches a Slowpoke and immediately names it 'Schlomo.' Not sure if this has already been posted/discussed but when I tried to look I couldn't find it, so I clipped it:

Never ruling out that it's just DSP being racist obviously, but he's said it before (in a shooter, I forget which) and much like here, he has used it to insult someone he perceives as slow. So not only is he using what could be argued is a racist slur, but he's been using it wrong the whole time, so I think it actually belongs in this thread.

What I'm also wondering is, since DSP is notorious for adopting other people's mannerisms, phrases and opinions, I wonder who he got "schlomo" from and were they a racist but DSP was too schlow to realize it?

Arrakis Sandworm

kiwifarms.net
I was watching TIHYDP Pokemon Moon earlier and caught the part where he catches a Slowpoke and immediately names it 'Schlomo.' Not sure if this has already been posted/discussed but when I tried to look I couldn't find it, so I clipped it:

View attachment 1198890

Never ruling out that it's just DSP being racist obviously, but he's said it before (in a shooter, I forget which) and much like here, he has used it to insult someone he perceives as slow. So not only is he using what could be argued is a racist slur, but he's been using it wrong the whole time, so I think it actually belongs in this thread.

What I'm also wondering is, since DSP is notorious for adopting other people's mannerisms, phrases and opinions, I wonder who he got "schlomo" from and were they a racist but DSP was too schlow to realize it?
TBF to Dave, I genuinely think he doesn't know it was originally a racist term. In my life, I have never heard anyone say "shlomo" to mean anything other than "slow-in-the-minds." Many people misuse the word. I think the semantics have shifted this way for a lot of speakers.

Cistern Rumbler

Festering Vomitous Mass
kiwifarms.net
TBF to Dave, I genuinely think he doesn't know it was originally a racist term. In my life, I have never heard anyone say "shlomo" to mean anything other than "slow-in-the-minds." Many people misuse the word. I think the semantics have shifted this way for a lot of speakers.
I'm convinced he doesn't know the word, but I've never personally heard or used the word to mean what he and you are saying it means to you. I've heard "slow-mo" but never with the intentional 'sh' sound at the start. That's quite literally a Hebrew name.

Tags
None