Words & Phrases DSP Has Invented or Misuses - DSP'isms that make you say "HUUUHN?!?"

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
I was watching TIHYDP Pokemon Moon earlier and caught the part where he catches a Slowpoke and immediately names it 'Schlomo.' Not sure if this has already been posted/discussed but when I tried to look I couldn't find it, so I clipped it:

View attachment 1198890

Never ruling out that it's just DSP being racist obviously, but he's said it before (in a shooter, I forget which) and much like here, he has used it to insult someone he perceives as slow. So not only is he using what could be argued is a racist slur, but he's been using it wrong the whole time, so I think it actually belongs in this thread.

What I'm also wondering is, since DSP is notorious for adopting other people's mannerisms, phrases and opinions, I wonder who he got "schlomo" from and were they a racist but DSP was too schlow to realize it?
It was brought up when it was discussed in the main thread about 3 months ago when Phil called someone in PUBG 'Schlomo'. He generally seems to think calling someone a 'Schlomo' means you are insulting their reaction speed, intelligence, and possible calling them a clutz, but he has used the term 'cocksucking Schlomo' before, when mocking people telling him only "Titty streamers" have Amazon Wishlists, clearly meaning 'greedy Jew.'
Phil just used "Schlomo" as a pejorative...

Come the fuck on! It's like he's baiting us!
For anybody that didn't see it.

View attachment 1079145
I've heard Dark call someone Shlomo in the past and both times conveyed to me that he didn't understand what he was saying. I think he thinks it's interchangeable with "slowmo" and was trying to insult someone's reflexes or skills in game.

Just another example of Dark using words that he doesn't understand to sound like... he knows more words... I don't know.

Pigpiggo with the confirm, here we find Dark has renamed a slowpoke pokemon to Schlomo. Since the boundaries of his creativity demand he rename pokemon into something that means the exact same thing, it's clear he thinks Shlomo is a general insult regarding someone's reflexes or intelligence. Just another synonym for "stupid" when he tries to feel smart by calling people a buffoon for the millionth time
He does seem to think it's some kind of insult towards someones reaction speed and intelligence like it's some sort of onomatopoeia, but in this one instance here I have a hard time believing he meant anything other than 'greedy Jew', as for the PUBG instance the other day it was back to his usual onomatopoeic misinterpretation. So it's possible he may say it again as a substitute for 'Jew' when going on some rant. 4m10s

Last edited:

Arrakis Sandworm

kiwifarms.net
I'm convinced he doesn't know the word, but I've never personally heard or used the word to mean what he and you are saying it means to you. I've heard "slow-mo" but never with the intentional 'sh' sound at the start. That's quite literally a Hebrew name.
And maybe I am hearing "slow-mo" and too autistic. Who knows. I have never used the word, myself. I just know my impressions based on how I hear (or think I hear) people use it.

Regardless, Phil knows that it carries a racist weight with some people and should probably refrain from using it. If for no other reason than it's best for business.

the khat quaffer

resplendent!
kiwifarms.net
'Family.' The word 'family.' He doesn't know what word means. His roommate Khat and his mangled cat don't constitute a family, but fuck him, he's determined to get as much mileage as possible out of that word.

Example: 'I had to lie to protect my family'.

Used many, many times but most notably after the wedding and Jasper $2k cat scam reveal.

sorry if that's been brought up in this thread

gettingthatgrooveback

kiwifarms.net
I apologise if this has been mentioned already, but I despise Dark's frequent and nonchalant misuse of the word 'monstrously'.

A few egregious examples from PigPigGo:

"monstrously raised my proficiency in"
"but I'm not like monstrously in love"
"they've updated the game monstrously"
"they were monstrously overpaying"
"world economy really is being monstrously affected"
"don't feel monstrously pressured to"
"monstrously cutting corners"
"monstrously insulting to me"
"everything I do is monstrously delayed"
"VR gaming has stalled monstrously"
"combat was monstrously redesigned"
"has sold monstrously to the point where"
"my keyboard is monstrously delayed okay"
"monstrously derail the stream here huh"
"I was monstrously overdrawn on my bank account"
"I got monstrously distracted by this"

JMR

kiwifarms.net
to do one's taxes - gather and organize relevant documents and financial information... for a tax professional who will actually be doing them

to file one's taxes - hand over or send aforementioned documents and info to aforementioned tax professional who will eventually do the actual filing to the IRS + state

Over the years, Phil would take streams off "to do his taxes" and later complain about all the tedious work and accompanying blurry vision. But really he was only doing bookkeeping/basic prep for "his tax guy", whether it was his accountant/dean of accounting back then or his accountant/tax attorney now.

His interpretation of "filing" is new to me, but it's on official court record while under oath. About 20:30 into the courtroom audio of the 341 meeting here or here (YouTube):
Nancy: Are you entitled to a tax refund for the- for 2019?

Phil: No.

Nancy: Have you filed 2019? I don't recall which year you sent me.

Rochelle, repeating: Have you filed 20--? I sent 2018. Have you filed your '19 yet?

Phil: Oh. Yes, I have. In fact I sent the final information within the last week
but my tax attorney notified me that the coronavirus situation... that everything's being delayed and it's not available yet, but I certainly could provide that, y'know… when it's available.

Nancy, seeking clarification: Okay. So when you say you sent it, who did you send it to?

Phil
, thinking Nancy is stupid: My tax attorney.

Nancy, thinking Phil is stupid: Okay.

PutridElephant

Lazy automated restreamer
kiwifarms.net
to do one's taxes - gather and organize relevant documents and financial information... for a tax professional who will actually be doing them

to file one's taxes - hand over or send aforementioned documents and info to aforementioned tax professional who will eventually do the actual filing to the IRS + state

Over the years, Phil would take streams off "to do his taxes" and later complain about all the tedious work and accompanying blurry vision. But really he was only doing bookkeeping/basic prep for "his tax guy", whether it was his accountant/dean of accounting back then or his accountant/tax attorney now.

His interpretation of "filing" is new to me, but it's on official court record while under oath. About 20:30 into the courtroom audio of the 341 meeting here or here (YouTube):
I found Nancy to be really good about asking stupid questions that she clearly knew the answer to. She just was giving Phil the rope he needed to hang himself.

I still don't understand how Phil was too stupid to see that

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
I found Nancy to be really good about asking stupid questions that she clearly knew the answer to. She just was giving Phil the rope he needed to hang himself.

I still don't understand how Phil was too stupid to see that
It’s because Phil always thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room, when he is usually in the lower half, even when there’s nobody else there.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
Was going on in today's prestream, around ~1136 his time, mixing up "agrievous(sic)," and "egregious," in regards to perceived wrongdoings on his part in the eyes of tractors.
Yet another example of Phil trying to inflate his language to disastrous effects. Remember folks, big words aren't a substitute for intelligence, doubly so if you don't even know how to pronounce them.

Lilly Philly Burnelli

DarkSydePhil True and Honest Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
One thing I have noticed recently, and maybe I just never caught up to it (in the five years I've listened to Phil speak I've never heard this), is his use of the word "F'ing" or "eff-ing" instead of fucking. What is weird about this is that he constantly swears and uses "fucking." But every so often he will say "effing" as to censor himself. Used in a sentence would be "This Corona virus has been so Eff-ing intrusive in our lives" but then he will say "This game fucking sucks. It is fucking terrible."

Anyone have any idea of why this is?

Tags
None