Xbox Game Studios Stupidity Hate Thread Game Pass Edition

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just hate the Series S because it's ALL DIGITAL and they're really trying to push it as The Cool One to Own™ with all the limited editions it's been getting.
doctor-strange-xbox-series-s-new-cropped-hed.jpg

The Series X is still suffering production issues which means despite Microsoft's size, they have been unable to get the Series X to lead sales over the Series S.

As far as Xbox collecting goes I've gotten mostly everything I've wanted, the Xbox version of Morrowind, Obvlivion CE that came with the coin, the complete edition with all the DLC and the 5th Anniversary of Oblivion that came with the steel book, as well as Skyrim. I have all the OG Xbox Sega games even the Toe Jam and Earl game. That and some oddities like the Steel book edition of Tales of Vesperia. And that's moistly why I won't buy the Series S because there's no way to even add a disc drive to it unless you count daisy chaining a Series X to it.

I just want Microsoft to return to it's roots and release a version of Encarta Mind Maze and Hover with achievement support.

Also this video was weirdly prophetic

Last edited:

Titos

Wow, really? Cool,
kiwifarms.net
I just hate the Series S because it's ALL DIGITAL and they're really trying to push it as The Cool One to Own™ with all the limited editions it's been getting.
View attachment 3248306

The Series X is still suffering production issues which means despite Microsoft's size, they have been unable to get the Series X to lead sales over the Series S.

As far as Xbox collecting goes I've gotten mostly everything I've wanted, the Xbox version of Morrowind, Obvlivion CE that came with the coin, the complete edition with all the DLC and the 5th Anniversary of Oblivion that came with the steel book, as well as Skyrim. I have all the OG Xbox Sega games even the Toe Jam and Earl game. That and some oddities like the Steel book edition of Tales of Vesperia. And that's moistly why I won't buy the Series S because there's no way to even add a disc drive to it unless you count daisy chaining a Series X to it.

I just want Microsoft to return to it's roots and release a version of Encarta Mind Maze and Hover with achievement support.

Also this video was weirdly prophetic
The limited edition consoles they've made so far aren't actually for sale, they're only sweepstakes prizes which is unfortunate since the Yakuza one was pretty cool looking. The only special edition so far I think for either PS5 or Xbox has been the Halo Infinite one.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The limited edition consoles they've made so far aren't actually for sale, they're only sweepstakes prizes which is unfortunate since the Yakuza one was pretty cool looking. The only special edition so far I think for either PS5 or Xbox has been the Halo Infinite one.
Yeah I know trying to get people to swallow an all digital console with FOMO tactics is pretty bad.

You know someone out there is probably trying to collect them all though.

trent

kiwifarms.net
The Series S is pretty much just a Gamepass machine that you give you kids or whatever.

The tiny 512gb storage and no 4K basically means it's barely a step up from the X1X.

Sparky Lurker

Arauto do Autismo
kiwifarms.net
And now that Stalker 2 has been delayed to almost a year, fucking Bethesda will have to save this year.
A fucking 7 billion dollar investment and both games get delayed:
FSjlyizXwAAEs4_.jpg
They will have a fucking E3 showcase where not a single major first-party game shown will release this year.

After this entire deal with Actiblizzard finally crashes and burns, "games" man next big acquisition will be a termination letter.

Last edited:

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
A fucking 7 billion dollar investment and both games get delayed:
View attachment 3274173
They will have a fucking E3 showcase where not a single major first-party game shown will release this year.

After this entire deal with Actiblizzard finally crashes and burns, "games" man next big acquisition will be a termination letter.
So both of their biggest titles for the latter half of the year got pushed back to next year? Microsoft had a special trailer made just to showcase Starfield's release date. Microsoft can't be happy about this.

The Last Stand

It's mine, x3. Whose world is this?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
doctor-strange-xbox-series-s-new-cropped-hed.jpg

The PS5 has similar problems as well. I don't see you complaining about that.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The PS5 has similar problems as well. I don't see you complaining about that.
Pretty sure they're not pushing the digital one on people and you still need to either sacrifice your first born and/or all your anime figurines to get one with a disc drive.

With inflation and China flooding the market with Uyghurs, your kidney is now worth half as much as it was a year ago. You would need to get rid of both in order to achieve the same monetary value. Thanks Joe Biden.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure they're not pushing the digital one on people and you still need to either sacrifice your first born and/or all your anime figurines to get one with a disc drive.

With inflation and China flooding the market with Uyghurs, your kidney is now worth half as much as it was a year ago. You would need to get rid of both in order to achieve the same monetary value. Thanks Joe Biden.
Again, this isn't an Xbox Series S|X exclusive issue. PS5s are hard to find as well.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Xbox Series Xs seem to be a little easier to get than PS5s

Nah, or else there wouldn't be any limited edition Series Xs. I think it just comes down to supply issues. There've been a number of sweepstakes edition Series Xs for various games, like Back 4 Blood and Psychonauts 2.

And that's moistly why I won't buy the Series S because there's no way to even add a disc drive to it unless you count daisy chaining a Series X to it.
Daisychaining it to a Series X? What?

Speaking of which, you know what's funny? Xbox consoles all run essentially a fork of Windows, right? Disc drive network sharing's been a thing for ages, so it should be trivial to have such a feature for the Series S, like, to where you could just put your disc in your old Xbox One and network it over, but, no, there's no way to do that. Would be nice, but it ain't a thing.

Marissa Moira

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Again, this isn't an Xbox Series S|X exclusive issue. PS5s are hard to find as well.
Well they're not as hard to find as baby formula at this point. You're not finding pallets of smuggled xboxes and playstations in mexico.

Daisychaining it to a Series X? What?
People tried assorted means of adding disc drives to the series S, especially after that network fuck up.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Xbox Series Xs seem to be a little easier to get than PS5s
MS is selling "refurbished" Xbox Series X consoles on their website. I want to know is how are they getting consoles to refurbish to begin with?

There've been a number of sweepstakes edition Series Xs for various games, like Back 4 Blood and Psychonauts 2.
1652417958472.png

Here is one for Far Cry 6. Looks cool as hell, although I worry about overheating.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With Ubisoft on the verge of being bought through acquisition, rumors of Ubisoft+ being merged into Game Pass are getting stronger.

I thought this would happen sooner as Rainbow Six: Siege is quite popular with the service.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
MS is selling "refurbished" Xbox Series X consoles on their website. I want to know is how are they getting consoles to refurbish to begin with?

View attachment 3276205

Here is one for Far Cry 6. Looks cool as hell, although I worry about overheating.
That looks fantastic, though I'd imagine the parts that aren't actually part of the Xbox itself are probably just hollow plastic pieces. Game consoles are designed to hold up in dirty shitholes, like, it's incredible with how many console failures we hear about, you never really hear about overheating unless it's unavoidable, like with the OG 360.

With Ubisoft on the verge of being bought through acquisition, rumors of Ubisoft+ being merged into Game Pass are getting stronger.

I thought this would happen sooner as Rainbow Six: Siege is quite popular with the service.
tbh I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Well, with Starfield and Redfall now pushed back to 2023, lets see what the other studios at Xbox Game Studios are doing (the following list taken from a Youtube comment in a DocTre81 video):

• 343 Industries: Released Halo Infinite in 2021, a year late, and some people claim its still incomplete.
  • The Initiative: Working on Perfect Dark, except not really.
  • The Coalition: No new games currently announced
  • Rare: Hard at work on Everwild, no release date
  • Mojang: Still updating Minecraft
  • Ninja Theory: Hard at work on Hellblade II, no release date
  • Undead Labs: Hard at work on State of Decay 3, no release date
  • Playground Games: Hard at work on the new Fable, no gameplay, no release date
  • Obsidian Entertainment: Hard at work on The Outer Worlds 2, no gameplay, no release date
  • inXile Entertainment: No new games currently announced
  • Compulsion Games: New game in development, not announced yet
  • Double Fine: Released Psychonauts 2 in 2021, No new games currently announced
The rest of this year is not looking good for Microsoft.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, with Starfield and Redfall now pushed back to 2023, lets see what the other studios at Xbox Game Studios are doing (the following list taken from a Youtube comment in a DocTre81 video):

• 343 Industries: Released Halo Infinite in 2021, a year late, and some people claim its still incomplete.
  • The Initiative: Working on Perfect Dark, except not really.
  • The Coalition: No new games currently announced
  • Rare: Hard at work on Everwild, no release date
  • Mojang: Still updating Minecraft
  • Ninja Theory: Hard at work on Hellblade II, no release date
  • Undead Labs: Hard at work on State of Decay 3, no release date
  • Playground Games: Hard at work on the new Fable, no gameplay, no release date
  • Obsidian Entertainment: Hard at work on The Outer Worlds 2, no gameplay, no release date
  • inXile Entertainment: No new games currently announced
  • Compulsion Games: New game in development, not announced yet
  • Double Fine: Released Psychonauts 2 in 2021, No new games currently announced
The rest of this year is not looking good for Microsoft.
You forgot Turn 10 with the next Forza Motorsport. No release date, just a teaser. Meanwhile, Horizon 5 has a dwindling player base.

I'd argue MS's biggest release hit yet was Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Übertroon

Gotta go fast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phil Spencer has now been leading Xbox since 2014, and been "Executive Vice President of Gaming" since 2017.
It gets funnier every year when people online claim that this will be the year Phil Spencer saves Xbox, man is now probably the longest running CEO of Xbox, and the current state of things ain't good

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Phil Spencer has now been leading Xbox since 2014, and been "Executive Vice President of Gaming" since 2017.
It gets funnier every year when people online claim that this will be the year Phil Spencer saves Xbox, man is now probably the longest running CEO of Xbox, and the current state of things ain't good
well, ms is putting money towards xbox again and the whole branch isn't on the verge of being cut, so take that as you will.

Sparky Lurker

Arauto do Autismo
kiwifarms.net