Zac Bertschy killed himself - rerelease Kodomo no Jikan

• DDoS is active again.
Status
Not open for further replies.

School of Fish

kiwifarms.net
Well imagine that your only notable contribution to history ever was that of attempting and failing to cancel a manga series in which Zac Bertchy found to be 'problematic' and 'offensive' back then.

The funny thing about Zac Bertchy's dumb article that he wrote years ago about the 'Kodomo no Jikan' manga is that to my knowledge he only bashed on the manga series simply by reading the premise of the series and didn't bother to read a page of the manga (this is a pattern that seems to repeat itself a lot with Anime News Network time and time again) and the jokes would be on Zac Bertchy because eventually the manga series would get a re-release in the United States years later after the drama he started would eventually fade away (he managed to get Seven Seas Entertainment to cancel their run of the 'Kodomo no Jikan' manga only for a different distributor to pick up and re-release the manga series years later so Zac Bertchy was a failure in life and he is a failure in death too).

Now the thing about people such as Zac Bertchy is that is that sadly he is the end result for many of those on the far-left; a bunch of unhappy nobodies that would rather blame the world for their problems but refuse to look in the mirror and improve themselves.

So with that said, I do offer my very deepest condolences to his family and friends because it does suck to lose a loved one. But for many on the far-left that may even bother to read this, if you really don't want to end up going down into the same pit of despair and later on think about committing suicide then seek help and improve your life because the path that Zac Bertchy took is going to be the same path for many of those on the far-left later on.

Last edited:

Boobie Bomb

kiwifarms.net
Well imagine that your only notable contribution to history ever was that of attempting and failing to cancel a manga series in which Zac Bertchy found to be 'problematic' and 'offensive' back then.

The funny thing about Zac Bertchy's dumb article that he wrote years ago about the 'Kodomo no Jikan' manga is that to my knowledge he only bashed on the manga series simply by reading the premise of the series and didn't bother to read a page of the manga (this is a pattern that seems to repeat itself a lot with Anime News Network time and time again) and the jokes would be on Zac Bertchy because eventually the manga series would get a re-release in the United States years later after the drama he started would eventually fade away (he managed to get Seven Seas Entertainment to cancel their run of the 'Kodomo no Jikan' manga only for a different distributor to pick up and re-release the manga series years later so Zac Bertchy was a failure in life and he is a failure in death too).

Now the thing about people such as Zac Bertchy is that is that sadly he is the end result for many of those on the far-left; a bunch of unhappy nobodies that would rather blame the world for their problems but refuse to look in the mirror and improve themselves.

So with that said, I do offer my very deepest condolences to his family and friends because it does suck to lose a loved one. But for many on the far-left that may even bother to read this, if you really don't want to end up going down into the same pit of despair and later on think about committing suicide then seek help and improve your life because the path that Zac Bertchy took is going to be the same path for many of those on the far-left later on.
Tell me about it? All Zac did was try (and fail) to ban some manga all because he thinks it involves fucking kids. Zac will never learn that his actions are his own downfall and not because he read-only the front page and not the whole series. He is such a waste of human life that it's sad and I feel petty for him.

Another podcast that talks about him.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd wager that if he cancelled it to help someone, he probably didn't have the money to meet his premium anyways. And if him cancelling it to help someone was something that was one of the last things he did, I'd suspect that was part of his planning for killing himself, not a cause of him killing himself.
I wonder if ad revenue tanking was the final straw? It seems the site wasn’t that profitable anyway or he was terrible at money management (or both) since he and Hope always allude to being broke. He was the managing editor or whatever, so one would think he was one of the highest paid employees of the site. I would bet he gave Hope money and told everyone he canceled his insurance to do so. He has that quality of letting everyone know he was a martyr. Also giving Hope cash was a good way to ensure she kept in contact.

I don’t give a shit about anime but I am very curious at how the decline of ad revenue is effecting online lolcows that depend on it. The big dogs at the top of the online publishing game have taken a gut punch to revenue, so I’m curious how it’s playing out on the lower levels.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
twitch.jpg

"Doors open" and "Moderated chat". Heavily curated as expected.

I don’t give a shit about anime but I am very curious at how the decline of ad revenue is effecting online lolcows that depend on it. The big dogs at the top of the online publishing game have taken a gut punch to revenue, so I’m curious how it’s playing out on the lower levels.

There's a lot of catharsis going on in some spheres because so many of the journalists and writers who shat on YouTube for years are begrudgingly trying their hand at it to middling at best results. The Comicsgate crowd especially love to laugh at all the comic pros like Gail Simone who shat on YouTubers criticizing her for ages suddenly tried to make a YouTube channel admist the death of the industry. Zac Bertschy also begrudingly had ANN start making YouTube Top 5 videos to compete. As you'd expect from these people, they get very few views though. They have negative charisma, which is to say even their haters dont bother watching their stuff because it's so boring and not even worth making fun of. Even some LawTwitter people weighin in on the Vic case like Douchette have tried to make a Twitch channel.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1326756

"Doors open" and "Moderated chat". Heavily curated as expected.

There's a lot of catharsis going on in some spheres because so many of the journalists and writers who shat on YouTube for years are begrudgingly trying their hand at it to middling at best results. The Comicsgate crowd especially love to laugh at all the comic pros like Gail Simone who shat on YouTubers criticizing her for ages suddenly tried to make a YouTube channel admist the death of the industry. Zac Bertschy also begrudingly had ANN start making YouTube Top 5 videos to compete. As you'd expect from these people, they get very few views though. They have negative charisma, which is to say even their haters dont bother watching their stuff because it's so boring and not even worth making fun of. Even some LawTwitter people weighin in on the Vic case like Douchette have tried to make a Twitch channel.
They’re essentially a black hole of charisma and personality, which is why they’re more comfortable behind the texts in Twitter City than showing themselves on camera. Not only do they look unappealing, but they talk like mindless robots speaking broken English. I find it amusingly ironic that those who have thousands of Twitter followers can’t even get a few hundred views on YouTube.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Most likely. They're going with cremating under the guise it's cheap. It's a good way for ANN and Hope Chapman to wipe out any evidence of foulplay and involvement in his death murder.

I prefer labelling it self-assisted suicide. Zac's head was filled with so much white guilt over the years that of course someone who's been indoctrinated to think they're subhuman scum who should be ashamed of their skin color is going to off themselves after telling themselves they're all that's wrong with the world.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Status
Not open for further replies.