Zac Bertschy killed himself - rerelease Kodomo no Jikan

• DDoS is active again.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net
Well shoot, I was gonna tune in, maybe make a snide comment and get banned, but forgot all about the memorial until an hour after it was over. Was busy making a grilled cheese. Priorities, you know?

Seems it peaked at 600 viewers. I'd reckon about half were viewbots, knowing Twitch. So much for the 'millions' of fans Zac had.

Also, they set up a GoFundMe.

gfm.jpg

Probably the closest we'll get to them admitting he killed himself

gfm2.jpg

At least they'll raised more than Marzgurl?

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
Well shoot, I was gonna tune in, maybe make a snide comment and get banned, but forgot all about the memorial until an hour after it was over. Was busy making a grilled cheese. Priorities, you know?

Seems it peaked at 600 viewers. I'd reckon about half were viewbots, knowing Twitch. So much for the 'millions' of fans Zac had.

Also, they set up a GoFundMe.

View attachment 1332762

Probably the closest we'll get to them admitting he killed himself

View attachment 1332763

At least they'll raised more than Marzgurl?
Well, at least he won't be tossed out like Donny from The Big Lebowski all over the California coast. He can be finally be put away in peaceful obscurity for the world to forget about, like the rest of his associates and colleagues who have done nothing with their lives but mock and bitch like the self pitying beta minded hipster projection denying bullies they are. I'd include something about internet dwelling, but everyone does that nowadays. That's just standard. Guess it goes to show that when everyone moves onto the internet even betas can't escape being betas.

EDIT: Probably because I've already beaten the horse into fucking hamburger, enjoy some of Zac's materials that aren't anime related. It's probably no wonder why he's stuck only with the easy low hanging fruit of anime as a "critic", most of the shit spewing from his mouth about movies and comedy are this incomprehensible autistic moondick brain logic alien language that I can barely decipher.

Last edited:

The Token Ethnic

今すぐパジャマを脱ぎ舍てて
kiwifarms.net
I went ahead and listened to the podcast during my hike. It's worth a listen if you like schadenfreude or are generally interested in what people have to say about him.

The good: Bamboo Dong. Her eulogy is heartfelt, makes Zac come across as a good friend and gets emotional towards the end. The women on the eulogy speak kindly of him. He seemed to have put on the charm when it came to women due to their anecdotes. It's a shame he argued about Johnny Depp with that one girl on his Disneyland date. If only trivial shit like someone's taste in media didn't matter, he could've found happiness with someone.

The bad: Gabriella Ekens. She has to mention gamergate and sexism in anime. Retroguy2469 (or something like that) is a crying mess over how much his Can You Survive stream meant to him and cherished the time he got to co-host. Christopher McDonald. A quick, indifferent speech about how he can't remember his first impression of him, but really liked his weekly phone call with Zac. Adam Sheehan pours on the praise, stating how he was akin to an eye-rolling hipster, but despite his inner darkness was a ray of sunshine and positivity to be around. Eric Stimson goes on to remember how Zac let him write about his fetish for zettai ryōiki/absolute territory. (The area of skin between the skirt and thigh high stockings on a waifu. )

The smugly: Jacob/Hope, Justin Sevakis and Mike Toole. Jacob puts him on a pedestal, mentions how much love was important to the both of them and how he was the man that made her become the man she was meant to be. There's some pauses where there seems to be some tears, but it comes across as bad acting. Justin dismisses Zac's asshole-ishness by focusing on his hospitalization due to his weight and how he was such a good friend and whipped him into shape. He compares him to Homer Simpson during his weight loss journey. When it comes to justifying his death he says: "we did what we could." MIke Toole says how he was "playful, cynical and maybe even a little mean at times."

Overall, people say that he put anime on the map, despite having a strong disdain for it. He'd rather talk about movies. People praise his writing, yet a former ANN editor called his style as nascent. People say how kind and friendly he was and different to his online persona. It must have been only with his those friend he liked or smoked weed with, and he apparently loved weed. Even Evan Jones says they hated each other at first. I always feel bad when someone takes their own life, but my father says: "Fuck 'em. They're weak. There's people out there born with defects, people that need organs and these idiots can't handle stress when life gets tough? Give me a break." I'm sure there's more to it than just that. What will Zac ultimately be remembered for? Disney? Star Wars? I know he wouldn't shut up about Evangelion. Maybe he was like Shinji, but Gendo won and he never did get in the fucking robot.

HighwayStar

kiwifarms.net
I went ahead and listened to the podcast during my hike. It's worth a listen if you like schadenfreude or are generally interested in what people have to say about him.

The good: Bamboo Dong. Her eulogy is heartfelt, makes Zac come across as a good friend and gets emotional towards the end. The women on the eulogy speak kindly of him. He seemed to have put on the charm when it came to women due to their anecdotes. It's a shame he argued about Johnny Depp with that one girl on his Disneyland date. If only trivial shit like someone's taste in media didn't matter, he could've found happiness with someone.

The bad: Gabriella Ekens. She has to mention gamergate and sexism in anime. Retroguy2469 (or something like that) is a crying mess over how much his Can You Survive stream meant to him and cherished the time he got to co-host. Christopher McDonald. A quick, indifferent speech about how he can't remember his first impression of him, but really liked his weekly phone call with Zac. Adam Sheehan pours on the praise, stating how he was akin to an eye-rolling hipster, but despite his inner darkness was a ray of sunshine and positivity to be around. Eric Stimson goes on to remember how Zac let him write about his fetish for zettai ryōiki/absolute territory. (The area of skin between the skirt and thigh high stockings on a waifu. )

The smugly: Jacob/Hope, Justin Sevakis and Mike Toole. Jacob puts him on a pedestal, mentions how much love was important to the both of them and how he was the man that made her become the man she was meant to be. There's some pauses where there seems to be some tears, but it comes across as bad acting. Justin dismisses Zac's asshole-ishness by focusing on his hospitalization due to his weight and how he was such a good friend and whipped him into shape. He compares him to Homer Simpson during his weight loss journey. When it comes to justifying his death he says: "we did what we could." MIke Toole says how he was "playful, cynical and maybe even a little mean at times."

Overall, people say that he put anime on the map, despite having a strong disdain for it. He'd rather talk about movies. People praise his writing, yet a former ANN editor called his style as nascent. People say how kind and friendly he was and different to his online persona. It must have been only with his those friend he liked or smoked weed with, and he apparently loved weed. Even Evan Jones says they hated each other at first. I always feel bad when someone takes their own life, but my father says: "Fuck 'em. They're weak. There's people out there born with defects, people that need organs and these idiots can't handle stress when life gets tough? Give me a break." I'm sure there's more to it than just that. What will Zac ultimately be remembered for? Disney? Star Wars? I know he wouldn't shut up about Evangelion. Maybe he was like Shinji, but Gendo won and he never did get in the fucking robot.
They said he put anime on the map. These people are so delusional, to say that about a guy who clearly regarded anime with disdain and derision and whose only notable accomplishment are some worthless, underpaid reviews for an equally worthless, underpaying “news outlet”.

If he put anime on the map, why isn’t he trending on Twitter right now? Why aren’t there more videos or tributes of him on YouTube? Why hasn’t there been a YouTube video about him getting more than 500 views? Why aren’t big-name companies tweeting about his death? Why did it take Crunchyroll EIGHT DAYS to tweet his death?

Also, why were there only 600 people on twitch (assuming all of them weren’t bots)? Where were those “millions” that loved him? He put anime on the map in such that most people didn’t even remember who he was or bother to attend the twitch?

I feel sympathy for Zac’s family, I genuinely do, but fuck ANN, fuck Justin and Toole, and fuck this sham of a memorial service on twitch.

Last edited:
Overall, people say that he put anime on the map,
I'm going to have to call bullshit on that one. ANN didn't make anime big, anime made ANN big. They're hardly the only game in town for anime news and reviews, certainly were not big enough to influence the popularity of anime at the start. Toonami, fansubs, and anime conventions put anime on the map, and ANN was able to grow off of that.

despite having a strong disdain for it. He'd rather talk about movies.
Reminds me of all those video game "journalists" who'd clearly rather be doing movie reviews or covering politics.

mariomario64

kiwifarms.net
Here's the MP3 of the podcast (will close this thread in two days):

Makes sense why this thread has to close. Even though we give him flack for all his "opinions" he spouted over the years, it is still tragic to see someone take their life in such circumstances. Hopefully he has reached a better place now and hope his family can know he won't have to suffer anymore.

S.Crow

kiwifarms.net
Overall, people say that he put anime on the map, despite having a strong disdain for it.

Probably one of the most absurdly false statements I've ever read. That would be like saying Bob Chipman put videogames on the map with his book on Super Mario 3. They may as well have said he founded Disney Land or freed the slaves. The only thing anyone remembers about this guy is how much he hated anime and its fans.

Coach Kreeton Of All That

Got muh balloon while breaking precious inventory!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the MP3 of the podcast (will close this thread in two days):
Holy shit. Is that seriously the best they could do for his memorial? What a gigantic fucking joke. That's no memorial. That's a fucking roast. If Zac did an hero and totes not get murdered by Hope Chapman and ANN, good on him because that's one shitty memorial service. LMFAO

Status
Not open for further replies.